The Court of Books and Readers discussion

Alice in Wonderland
This topic is about Alice in Wonderland
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland > Chapter 5-8 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley Mae (new)

Ashley Mae (thenshereads) Hey everyone!
This is where you can discuss Chapters 5-8 of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Feel free to ask some questions yourself, and we add on as a read along with you!

Enjoy!

message 2: by Leelynn (new) - added it

Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤ (miyukinightshade) For some reason it took me so long to get through this book. I don't know why, especially because this was the shortest book I read this year. I think just all the thoughts going through Alice's mind, and the creatures and different characters she encountered during her trip just baffled me.

Cameo Tarver (goodreadscomcameotarver) | 3 comments It also took me longer than I expected to get through this book. Toward the end I made myself sit down and push through because I really wanted to finish it and understand what was going on. I still don't really understand what was going on in this novel.

message 4: by Syd (new)

Syd (deertales) (deertales) out of the whole bizarre story, chapter 6 was by far the strangest: the pig and the pepper. I really tried to find the significance or any semblance of symbolism but I really couldn't

message 5: by Syd (new)

Syd (deertales) (deertales) out of the whole bizarre story, chapter 6 was by far the strangest: the pig and the pepper. I really tried to find the significance or any semblance of symbolism but I really couldn't

message 6: by Leelynn (new) - added it

Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤ (miyukinightshade) Syd I also felt like that one was weird. I also noticed that that chapter didn't show up in the Disney adaption. Maybe they thought it would be too confusing?

Katie | 25 comments So like others it's taking me longer to read this book. I have been sort of reading this in between my other books. I really love the story and the idea but I've found There's really no true plot. I've been comparing and contrasting the classic to the Disney version and their pretty similar but the flower scene was not an original scene, and the pig and the pepper chapter was not in the Disney version. Overall I'm liking the story so far.