Books2Movies Club discussion

Closed Threads > Nominations: April - Epic and/or Historical Fiction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2795 comments Mod
Ok, I forgot to put a poll for genres to read next. In the last poll epic and historical fiction came third, so let's read it in April. For May and June we should have another poll though!
What would you like to read in April? Just remember that books you nominate must have an adaptation too.

message 2: by Zeljka (new)

I would like to read (and watch) Cold Mountain again. I liked the book very much, and the movie wasn't bad too, although something annoyed me in it, but I do not remember now what was that exactly :)

message 3: by Zeljka (new)

Oh dear, no one has a single nomination? You know, you do not have to read the book you nominate unless you really want to, because our bookshelves are always open for discussion.
There are some books in our Books Nominated So Far thread that we can add to the poll, so if you want, pick one from there, like I did, in the post above. Let me add a new book though, Brooklyn. I saw the movie last week, enjoyed it very much, and I guess it fits the label :)

message 4: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) | 153 comments I nominate Forrest Gump by Winston Groom.

or

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

message 5: by Zeljka (new)

Blueberry wrote: "I nominate Forrest Gump by Winston Groom.
or
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith"

I saw the movie I Capture... few years ago, would be interested to read the book too. Good suggestions :)

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 42 comments If one nominate's a book in this group, Zeljka, do they have to moderate the thread? Not sure if it's required here!

message 8: by Zeljka (new)

Amy wrote: "If one nominate's a book in this group, Zeljka, do they have to moderate the thread? Not sure if it's required here!"

No, it is not required Amy, but of course, if they express wish to, they can moderate that particular book. It certainly helps if there's someone who has already read it, so that one can follow their steps :)

message 9: by Zeljka (new)

The poll is open:

Historical Fiction for April 2016