Play Book Tag discussion

Pat Conroy
This topic is about Pat Conroy
Archives 2016-2017 > Prince of Tides author, Pat Conroy dies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6299 comments So saddened to see this news. I loved The Prince of Tides.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-wa...

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Oh that is sad. I also loved Beach Music.

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7717 comments This is sad. When I think of authors who really gave a voice to southern locales and culture (whether good or bad), Conroy is one of the first I think of.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5645 comments Oh my stars .... he just announced a couple of weeks ago that he had pancreatic cancer and was fighting it.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8299 comments I too loved Pat Conroy's work. Fell in love with South of Broad, his last. There's a passage in there I've remembered for use in teaching.

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6299 comments I definitely want to read more Conroy . . .

message 7: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2191 comments Prince of Tides was one of my all-time favorites. So sad. Pancreatic Cancer is a killer - took my sister-in-law at age 40.

message 8: by Kristal (new)

Kristal | 35 comments I am ashamed to say that whie I do have a few of his books on my TBR, I have yet to read any of them. But sad news to hear.

message 9: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Our local NPR station was playing interviews Terry Gross had with Conroy in the past. It was very interesting listening to him talk about his relationship with his dad in the years following the publication of The Great Santini.

I read his earlier books but for some reason stopped reading him. Listening to his interviews has piqued my interest in reading more of his books.