The Towel Hitchhikers discussion

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: A Trilogy in Four Parts
New to Sci-Fi

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann (sanitywandering) | 4 comments I have just started reading this book, so please excuse me if I don't participate in the previous threads (Spoiler's).
I haven't seen the film, not have I really had that big an interest in reading Sci-Fi (although, I have enjoyed watching many TV shows).

I hope this will be a place I can discuss my thoughts on the book as I continue to read through it.

message 2: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (bananapeel213) | 2 comments I am so excited for you! The Hitchhiker's Guide is a series I wish I could read again for the first time! It is hilarious, imaginative, and makes you look at life in a new and interesting way! Mostly it's just hilarious though. Keep us updated!

message 3: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann (sanitywandering) | 4 comments I think I have finally found the comedy! It felt very chilled at the start, but it seems to have picked up pace now.

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire (grumpybear) | 3 comments I've just bought the hitchhikers trilogy in five books. I've seen the TV series and the film l, now I want to read the the books.

message 5: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann (sanitywandering) | 4 comments I hope you enjoy the books hun x

message 6: by Micke (new)

Micke Nimell (nimell) | 3 comments Claire wrote: "I've just bought the hitchhikers trilogy in five books. I've seen the TV series and the film l, now I want to read the the books."
You should listen to the BBC radio show. It's great.

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire (grumpybear) | 3 comments Thanks Ann. I've only just started 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' and I really am enjoying reading this. Hope the others are just as good!

message 8: by Claire (new)

Claire (grumpybear) | 3 comments I'll have to check it out, thanks Micke :-)

message 9: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann (sanitywandering) | 4 comments I shelved it eventually. As it was a borrowed book and I was studying for my theory driving test. I couldn't find time to read it. I gave it back to the gent who lent it to me, as he left where we work. I hope to pick this book up in the future.

message 10: by JK (new)

JK Lankton | 2 comments I much prefer the books over the movie but I'm sure that's because I read the books long before the movie. I wonder if people who saw the movie first then read the books feel the opposite.

I discovered the books at an early age and was delighted to discover books that could make me laugh out loud and surprise me so frequently with its genius level absurdity.