What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Rich cowboy fleeing heiress

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Swati (new)

Swati (swatichaudhary123) | 7 comments Hi,
I am desperately trying to remember the name of a book I read sometime back, any help would be appreciated.

The Hero finds the heroine (poor) in a beaten down motel where she is working at an attached diner as a waitress and sleeping in any vacant room she can find in the motel. By mistake she ends up in H's room and he kidnaps her because he thinks that she is living a dangerous life. He was on my way to his ranch with a horse trailer (maybe coming back from an auction). He takes her to his home where he has a mother, younger brother and maybe a sister. He is very rich with a huge ranch. He finds that she has run away from home to escape her father who wants to get her declared insane so that he can steal her inheritance (left by her grandparents or mother). Her mother died when she was a child and her father has controlled her ever since. She got her education over the internet without telling her father and then she had to run away. The Hero treats her like his ward, sending her to college for further education while going to meet her. His family treats like family member. Both love each other but refuse to say anything for the fear of spoiling their friendship. finally after some misconceptions they end up together. well this is all I can remember. The name of the author might be Linda something (not sure) and the Hero's name might be Chance (not sure). There is a court scene where the father tries to get control of her inheritance but the heroine turns up with the Hero and all her degrees etc.

Thanks a lot!!!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Mar 06, 2016 11:31AM) (new)

Kris | 33295 comments Mod
Peace River by Jaclyn M. Hawkes seems similar to your description. A reviewer on Amazon says, "It starts with Carrie in a dangerous situation because her father, who she rarely sees, is trying to get her inheritance and valuable horse to pay off his gambling debts... She had met two rodeo cowboys when they came into the diner where she works... Rossen and Slade are good men and have a horse trailer so they would be perfect in helping Carrie escape."

If that's not the one, what year did you read this book?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Swati, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Peace River (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jaclyn M. Hawkes (other topics)