Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dan's April Reads

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2678 comments 1. Out of the Deep I Cry, Julia Spencer-Fleming. Health clinic, it's doctor and a 70 year old mystery combine to challenge Clair and Russ. Fortunately, love conquers all. 4Plus

2. Sacred, Dennis Lehane. When a girl disappears, P&A get involved in a "family dearest" situation that resolves itself with a little help from them. Once again, love conquers all for P&A. 4

3. Stone Cold, C.J. Box. Joe Picket is called in after an agent is killed. Is the big rancher a good guy? A bad guy? Are Joe and Nate on the same side or not? 4

4. Blood Money, Thomas Perry. Jane just can't stay quit. This time a 14 year old draws her back into the game with some really unexpected results. WAY too much mailing going on. 4Minus

5. Destroyer Angel, Nevada Barr. Barr changes things up in this one. Anna is only in alternate chapters, the language is different, and there's no park. Different but still very readable. 4Minus

6. The Midnight House, Alex Berenson. When members of a secret CIA rendition team run into problems, John Wells investigates and uncovers a complex set of circumstances and a killer. 4

7. Shadow of the Wolf Tree. Grady Service races back and forth across the U.P. until he figures out what's going on in several cases...or is it all one case? 4

8. The Rabbit Factory, Marshall Karp. First book, 632 pages, wild premise. I wish I knew who his agent was that pulled this off. 4

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3053 comments I liked Rabbit Factory. Too bad Karp is reduced to being a Patterson co-author.

message 3: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Excellent month!

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Great month! Looking forward to the next Clare & Russ book......whenever that might be!

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Ahhh Sacred. To have the Patrick and Angie books yet to read, that was the book that hooked me on the series.
Good month Dan. I agree with your assessment of Destroyer Angel. I liked it more the further into it I got, (and got used to the style)

message 6: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2678 comments Barry, I noticed that in the forward of Rabbit Factory Karp mentions Patterson as a long-time friend probably explaining the new co-authorship.

message 7: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Oh yes, Patrick and Angie!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I picked up the latest Alex Berensen novel at the library. Great reading choices!

message 9: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Good month, Dan

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8060 comments Several gems, in Lehane, Perry, Spencer-Fleming. If the rest were of this caliber, as your rating suggests, you had a superb month.

message 11: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Karp was also a gem IMHO.