Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children discussion

Tim Burton's

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (last edited Mar 04, 2016 09:39PM) (new) - added it

message 2: by J (new) - added it

J Jane Goldman wrote the screen play

Megan I guess based off the pictures given in the books I imagined some characters to be different ages. The actors for Olive and Bronwyn could have switched places in my mind. Olive acted childish and younger like 8ish or so. Bronwyn's picture makes her look 16. Millard's height looked a little older like late teens. Also, Ms. Peregrine is waaay too young.

I like almost everything Tim Burton does (minus remakes) so we'll see how this goes.

message 4: by J (new) - added it

J Good points. I am wondering if the producers were wanting a particular audience by their cast selections.

I'mogén I'm excited! But the age may be an issue with me... Also, the blonde girl is referred to as Emma? But she's floating in the previous picture, so I assumed it was Olive?

Blue I wasn't until I saw the pictures. I have been a great lover of Burton's at times, but have been massively disappointed by his adaptions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice... those were favorites and I really didn't care for his choices in them. I mean, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd.. those are what I want in a Tim Burton movie and I don't necessarily need that exact aesthetic in everything he does, but if it's going to be different it needs to be as good or better and I didn't think Alice or Charlie were. So when I heard he was doing this I was like.. meh, but the pictures are promising. So .. we'll see.

message 7: by Leo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leo since I'm a fan of Tim Burton AND Eva Green I'm so so excited for this movie! I think they should have made Green look older and I'm not so sure if I like the actor selection for the other kids... I imagined them way different and all in alll a bit more creepy. Well, that's the thing with book adaptions, there's always something you imagined different. Still, can't wait to watch it!

message 8: by E.K (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.K Jacobs THEY CHANGED EMMA'S POWERS!!!!!!!!! They gave Emma air/levitation powers and Olive fire powers. I can't believe it. Such a huge change, but still can't wait to see the movie. I want to see how it'll look on the big screen. I love the actors that they chose for this movie, and Tim Burton! I just know that he can pull it off.

Chaiya Doerrhoefer It should over all be a good movie, minus the parts where they change the characters. I think the reason they changed the characters a little is so it doesn't match the book so you have to read it.

message 10: by E.K (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.K Jacobs Also, in one article I read, they explained how people "see fire a lot in films", so that's why he changed it. "And you usually don't see the protagonist pulling his love interest along with a rope".

Here's the article. It was actually very interesting.
http://www.pagetopremiere.com/origina...

Professor Bones It's weird, the movie seems really different, but I still think I'll love it...

message 12: by J (new) - added it

J E.K wrote: "Also, in one article I read, they explained how people "see fire a lot in films", so that's why he changed it. "And you usually don't see the protagonist pulling his love interest along with a rope..."

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Czasper E.K wrote: "THEY CHANGED EMMA'S POWERS!!!!!!!!! They gave Emma air/levitation powers and Olive fire powers. I can't believe it. Such a huge change, but still can't wait to see the movie. I want to see how it'l..."

: I was actually stunned when I saw the trailer and Emma blew the water. I was confused actually. I think Olive still has levitation powers cause there's a part where someone went up and got an item from a tree. Anyways, that normal for books turned to movies, they will always change some things.