Play Book Tag discussion

The Pact
This topic is about The Pact
Archive: Other Books > The Pact / Jodi Picoult. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8639 comments The Pact / Jodi Picoult
4 stars

Emily and Chris have known each other forever. Their parents are neighbours and their mothers were pregnant at the same time. They were always inseparable and did end up falling in love as teenagers. But when their suicide pact goes wrong, Chris is still alive, and suspected of murder...

Like with Picoult's other books, this story is told both in flashbacks and with different viewpoints, so the reader gets some insight into each character. Because of all the different viewpoints, the reader can also see how each character is affected by what is happening and what has happened. The book builds until the end, during the trial when what really happened comes to light. It's another page-turner where I wanted to know what really happened. As much as I liked it, I'm not sure this one affected me as much as some of her other books. That being said, it was still very good and I did want to keep reading.

message 2: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2223 comments This was my first Jodi Picoult book and I really liked it. I kept thinking about it for months. I've read others over the years but I can still remember this one.

message 3: by Patty (new) - added it

Patty | 80 comments This was also my first Jodi Picoult book. Was this one of her first books she wrote?

LibraryCin | 8639 comments Patty wrote: "This was also my first Jodi Picoult book. Was this one of her first books she wrote?"

I'm not sure, Patty. I've only read a few so far, myself.

message 5: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2223 comments I think it was her fifth. She wrote it in 1998.

message 6: by AJ (new) - added it

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 825 comments This one isn't my favourite but I really enjoyed it so it probably makes top three of Jodi Picoult. I'm thinking of reading it again sometime soon, thanks for reminding me of its existence ;)

LibraryCin | 8639 comments AJ wrote: "This one isn't my favourite but I really enjoyed it so it probably makes top three of Jodi Picoult. I'm thinking of reading it again sometime soon, thanks for reminding me of its existence ;)"

No problem! Hope you enjoy it the second time around, as well! Maybe reading a favourite author (even if not the favourite by the author) will help with your slump?