Play Book Tag discussion

Let the Right One In
This topic is about Let the Right One In
Archive: Other Books > Let Me In / John Ajvide Lindqvist. 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8018 comments Let Me In / John Ajvide Lindqvist
3 stars

Oskar is about 12 years old and is getting bullied at school. He is happy to meet and become friends with the strange girl next door, Eli. Meanwhile, people are being murdered in town. Really, Eli is very strange...

This was ok. I liked the Oskar/Eli storyline, but I lost focus for the myriad of other characters and mostly wasn't following when the focus was on others. I was listening to the audio, and it tends to be even harder to keep focus with an audio.

Cora (corareading) | 1286 comments I gave this one 5 stars when I read it. I appreciated that it was scary (I read it soon after the twilight sparkly vampire books were popular). I liked it in a lot of same ways I liked Butler's Fledgling. The monsters are scary, but they do what they do to survive rather than out of purely evil motives. I don't remember a lot of other characters aside from Oskar and Eli (and Håkan) so they must not have had a lasting impact on me.

LibraryCin | 8018 comments Håkan

Well, I never would have guessed that was the spelling from the audio! Of course, it being a Swedish translation, there are probably a lot of names I couldn't guess the spelling! :-)

The pronunciation in the audio of Eli was "E-lay", so I wouldn't have guessed that, either, except it was actually spelled out in the text a couple of times.

LibraryCin | 8018 comments I also liked Fledgling. I gave it 4 stars at the time, but I'm not remembering much of it now, either.