Play Book Tag discussion

A Head Full of Ghosts
This topic is about A Head Full of Ghosts
March 2016: Mystery Thriller > A Head Full of Ghosts - Paul Tremblay (4 1/2 stars)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cora (last edited Mar 04, 2016 07:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cora (corareading) | 1406 comments A Head Full of Ghosts - Paul Tremblay

4 1/2 stars

A Head Full of Ghosts is the story of a family dealing with a teenage daughter that is showing signs of mental illness. As they try to help the girl, they begin to suspect that there may be supernatural influences involved in her behavior. The story is told from the perspective of the younger (8 year old) sister witnessing her family falling apart. The family agrees to allow their struggle to become a reality show which further complicates the questions of what is real, what is fake, and what is really happening in the household. Although the story was little slow in the beginning for me, I enjoyed the questions that arose about how we treat those with mental illness and how the reality TV genre can exploit desperate situations. I loved the character of Merry (the little sister) and how she loved her sister no matter how scary she became. I also loved the ending and how the author referenced a lot of classics in the horror movie and book genres.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments This sounds really interesting!

SouthWestZippy | 962 comments Sounds spooky! On my TBR Mountain it goes.

Cora (corareading) | 1406 comments SouthWestZippy wrote: "Sounds spooky! On my TBR Mountain it goes."

Stephen King tweeted that this book "Scared the living hell out of me, and I'm pretty hard to scare."

SouthWestZippy | 962 comments Cora wrote: "SouthWestZippy wrote: "Sounds spooky! On my TBR Mountain it goes."

Stephen King tweeted that this book "Scared the living hell out of me, and I'm pretty hard to scare.""

Oh good, it has been awhile sense I have read a to scared to sleep with the lights off book.