Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children discussion

Movie

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SherryRose (new)

SherryRose I see that the movie for this book will be out in Sept. 2016. Tim Burton is the director

Danielle I am very excited about this! I think Tim Burton will do an awesome job!

message 3: by SherryRose (new)

SherryRose I think so too. It's exactly right for his style.

Jennifer I guess I need to move this up on my TBR shelf! :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

its gonna be perfect...i hope, the set photos look absolutely amazing, and Tim Burton is PERFECT for the job!

message 6: by SherryRose (new)

SherryRose Not sure. I should look and see if Burton said whether or not it's animated.

message 7: by SherryRose (new)

SherryRose It's not a animated but the pictures are great!

www.foxmovies.com/movies/miss-peregri...

Barusinka Have you seen the trailer? I'm a lil disappointed tbh.. Not sure why they switched Emma and Olive's powers and why they changed the age of so many characters. And Miss Peregrine's personality seems so different, she's just... too cheery? but that might just be me haha either way it's a bit of a let down

Megan It looks like they made Fiona under 10 as well, it'll be pretty awkward when her and Hugh make out! JK.

I love Tim Burton but I really think he should keep with original thoughts of his. I've read many books that have turned into movies and was upset at small things but this just seems overdoing it. Ages, power, maybe it'll be grandma Portman as the peculiar to give a strong female lead.

message 10: by Adi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adi Tim Burton is such an amazing director and i love his movies, but although the trailer seems different than the book i'd rather having these changes than changing the intire plot.
We'll have to wait till September to find out x

NzingaMarie I heard about the movie coming out, so I read the book this past week. I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'm excited for it! I hope the changes aren't too drastic.

Camila thank god i found this discussion i just saw the trailer, why the hell is emma changed!!?!?!? the rest seems promising i really have high hopes for this movie

message 13: by SherryRose (new)

SherryRose Tim Burton changed Alice and Sleepy Hollow a lot but they were still good movies. I see that happen with other books to movies too. I separate the two in my mind in order to enjoy both. Otherwise it'll drive you nuts lol!

message 14: by E.K (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.K Jacobs I was so surprised to see that Emma and Olive had changed. I know that the Director (Burton) is AWESOME! so we'll just have to wait and see........

message 15: by Alison (last edited Mar 24, 2016 01:01PM) (new) - added it

Alison After watching the trailer I think that the reason they switched Olive and Emma's powers was so that they could shoot the scene inside the shipwreck and have it have some substance by adding the dialogue between characters. They gave her some additional power over air that I don't remember Olive having in the book. I think it was a part of the book where it was easy to let your imagination run wild with what being in an underwater shipwreck would be like, and Tim Burton wanted to be creative with it. Not just have Emma and Jacob staring at each other underwater.

Angelica Reyes I'm really glad Tim Burton is the director for this book. It really suits him! Can't wait to watch it on cinema! What do you guys think about the changes? I think it's kinda good that Tim changes for the movie.. It makes the story more imaginative and alive.. What makes me sad is that the creepy and morbid feeling was removed when I watched the trailer.

Renée They changed the powers. Because fire power is a more common power... The power to levitade is more original.

message 18: by E.K (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.K Jacobs Yeah, that's a good point. I can't wait until September 30th. Been literally counting down the days!