Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Team challenges) > PtP - Ménage a Trois (3)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 292 (292 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2016 04:03PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19380 comments Team members

Team Captain: ❀~Amy~❀

Members:
Heather
Stacie
Danielle
Nan
Aminko

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19380 comments 1. Introduce yourself to your team. Definitely let your team members know where you are from. This is a 'nice to know' when categories are announced and when team-mates can expect other members to post their book choices.

2. You already have your Team Captain. The team captain will track the books read by the team and double-check that your book selection complies with the rules - eg make sure that the selection and completion posts are as per the formatting and information requested below (msg 3).

The Team Captain should reserve a couple of posts in this thread to track their team's book selection and completion. (Alternatively they could convert one of their chat comments to the tracking post/s.)

3. Name your team. This is not mandatory, but it is fun. Given we are an open/public group with no age limit, so please make sure any chosen name is smart, not smutty ;)

Please PM your name to Jane(PS) by 9 March.

4. If you have a private profile, please 'friend' your team-mates. This is really important, because without this, your team-mates can't see your shelves to select a books under option 2.

5. Please post your book selections/completions in the format provided below. (This format is also posted in both the Q&A and Sign-Up threads.) We need to know the week that each book corresponds to, the page numbers, and how the book qualifies including links to lists/shelves (where applicable), etc. I can't stress this enough. When in doubt - link it*!

* please don't link to your review in your completion post - reviews in your completion posts should be included in full in that post.

You don't want to start reading a book and then find it doesn't meet the requirements because some information (eg page count or theme link) was missing from your original post.

I will be monitoring this and your book will not be considered complete until I am satisfied that your selection and completion posts comply with the format rules of the challenge.

Remember - you can ONLY change your book selection in the week that the theme is called.

6. You MUST check in with your team each week, ideally once the theme is announced. Please let your team know if you expect to have spotty communication or are on holidays or having an operation.

7. When you post the completion of your book, you must post a review; enough for us to know you have actually read the book. Please don't link to a review. You must post the review in this thread.

8. Re-reads are allowed but you can't read the same book twice within this challenge.

9. There is no prize for the winning team - bragging rights only :)

10. Each week, the theme will be announced in the Q&A/Announcement thread. The full list of themes announced during this round will be maintained in msg 1 of that thread.

The Rule on the Pass Option
* Each team can only have ONE member using their pass each week.
* Each member can only use that pass once each 5 weeks.
* No-one can use the pass option in the last week of the challenge.
* In the final week Option 2 has altered and I will be allocating each team another team from which their book selection must be chosen :)

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19380 comments Key selection and completion post information. You must have ALL elements in your book posts.

For the initial selection post Option 1 I need:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
How the book qualifies - please insert a link to the qualifying bookshelf/list. ~ If the theme is based off the bookcover or a letter in the title etc, please just repeat the theme.

For the initial selection post Option 2 I need:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
Name of the team-member, their star rating, the date they read the book.

For the completion post I need:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Rating (1-5)
Review

Please DO NOT CHAT in these selction/completion posts. It needs to be super clear.

If you 'waffle' about your decided book - please REPOST your selection once you decide. DO NOT go back and edit your waffling post.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19380 comments I'll be tracking each team's progress separately, using the Captain's summary in each team's thread to check for accuracy.

A summary chart will be posted in the last week to let teams know their progress against other teams :)

message 5: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Apr 08, 2016 02:55PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Tracking

Week 1 - Widow/Widower
Amy - Dirty Laundry 13 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - The Trouble with Tomboys March 15 ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Then the Stars Fall 12 March ★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Life Lessons 10 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Stripped Bare 14 March ★★★1/2 Selection, Completion
Aminko - Flat-Out Sexy 13 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3) by Rhys Ford The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek, #1) by Linda Kage Then the Stars Fall by Brandon Witt Life Lessons (Life Lessons, #1) by Kaje Harper Stripped Bare by Susan Mac Nicol Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy

Week 2 - Veterinarian (or works with animals)
Amy - Groomzilla 23 March ★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - The Air He Breathes 22 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Hammer & Nails 19 March ★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Dirty Heart 21 March ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Nobody's Home 21 March ★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - Ask Me Nicely 20 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Groomzilla by Tere Michaels The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry Hammer & Nails by Andria Large Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6) by Rhys Ford Nobody's Home by Dev Bentham Ask Me Nicely (Naughty or Nice, #2) by Amy Andrews

Week 3 - Military or Ex-Military
Amy - Dirty Deeds 26 March ★★★★1/2 Selection, Completion
Heather - PS... You're Mine 28 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Catch a Ghost 29 March ★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Carolina Dreaming 29 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Ignited 30 March ★★★★Selection, Completion
Aminko - Mistaken by Fate 26 March ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4) by Rhys Ford PS... You're Mine by Alexa Riley Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1) by S.E. Jakes Carolina Dreaming (Dare Island, #5) by Virginia Kantra Ignited (Titanium Security, #1) by Kaylea Cross Mistaken by Fate (Serve, #3) by Katee Robert

Week 4 - Witty Dialogue
Amy - Dirty Heart 2 April ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - The Deal 7 April ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Shadow Kiss 4 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Catch Me If You Can 8 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Served Hot 6 April ★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - Wicked Cravings 3 April ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6) by Rhys Ford The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Catch Me If You Can (Romano and Albright, #1) by L.B. Gregg Served Hot (Portland Heat, #1) by Annabeth Albert Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2) by Suzanne Wright

message 6: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited May 10, 2016 11:43AM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Week 5 - Author Initials same/close
Amy - Healing Hunter's Heart 12 April ★★★1/2 Selection, Completion
Heather - A Perfect Ten 14 April ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Hell & High Water 11 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - (Watch Me) Body You 23 April ★★★★Selection, Completion
Nan - Talk Dirty to Me 13 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - Blackmail Boyfriend 11 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Healing Hunter's Heart (A Little Bite of Love, #2) by Charlie Cochet A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5) by Linda Kage Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1) by Charlie Cochet (Watch Me) Body You (Run This Town, #2) by Avril Ashton Talk Dirty to Me (Devils Pride MC #2) by Jessie G. Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris Cannon

Week 6 ~ Outside USA
Amy - Loving Jay 18 April ★★★★1/2 Selection, Completion
Heather - The Invisible Circus 19 April ★★★★★Selection, Completion
Stacie - Him 19 April ★★★★★Selection, Completion
Danielle - Hard to Let Go 21 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Glitterland 19 April ★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - And Then He Kissed Her 21 April ★★★★Selection, Completion
Loving Jay by Renae Kaye The Invisible Circus by Jennifer Egan Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4) by Laura Kaye Glitterland (Glitterland, #1) by Alexis Hall And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1) by Laura Lee Guhrke

Week 7 ~ Enemies to Lovers
Amy - Murder and Mayhem 24 April ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - RoomHate 29 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Captive in the Dark 29 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Practice Makes Perfect 27 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - The Walls of Troy 29 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - The Viscount Who Loved Me 26 April ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Murder and Mayhem (Murder and Mayhem, #1) by Rhys Ford RoomHate by Penelope Ward Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by C.J. Roberts Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James The Walls of Troy by L.A. Witt The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn

Week 8 ~ One Word Title
Amy - Secrets 2 May ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - Reckless 5 May ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - NOS4A2 30 April ★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Betrayed 4 May ★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Absolution 7 May ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - Pucked 6 May ★★★★1/2 Selection, Completion
Secrets (PsyCop, #4) by Jordan Castillo Price Reckless (Thoughtless, #3) by S.C. Stephens NOS4A2 by Joe Hill Betrayed (Assassin/Shifter, #14) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion Absolution (The Protectors # 1) by Sloane Kennedy Pucked (Pucked, #1) by Helena Hunting

message 7: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited May 21, 2016 09:47AM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Week 9 ~ Title starts with B
Amy - Brute 8 May ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - Black Lies 11 May ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Bennett 7 May ★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Branded by Fire 9 May ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Blueberry Boys 13 May ★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - Big Rock 13 May ★★★ Selection, Completion
Brute by Kim Fielding Black Lies by Alessandra Torre Bennett (Bourbon & Blood, #1) by Seraphina Donavan Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Blueberry Boys by Vanessa North Big Rock by Lauren Blakely

Week 10 ~ Published after Feb. 2015
Amy - Breakaway 15 May ★★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - Love in the Light 17 May ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Stacie - Until Death Do We Part 15 May ★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Ice Planet Barbarians 16 May ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Nan - Power Play 19 May ★★★★ Selection, Completion
Aminko - The Billionaire and the Virgin 19 May Selection, Completion
Breakaway (Scoring Chances, #1) by Avon Gale Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness, #2) by Laura Kaye Until Death Do We Part by Fiona Davenport Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1) by Ruby Dixon Power Play (Scoring Chances #3) by Avon Gale The Billionaire and the Virgin (Billionaires and Bridesmaids, #1) by Jessica Clare

Week 11 ~ Holiday Romance
Amy - Unwrapping Hank 21 May ★★★★★ Selection, Completion
Heather - Selection, Completion
Stacie - Dust of Snow 21 May ★★★ Selection, Completion
Danielle - Lumberjack in Love 21 May ★★★1/2 Selection, Completion
Nan - Selection, Completion
Aminko - Bodyguard Bear Selection, Completion
Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1) by Eli Easton xxx Dust of Snow by Indra Vaughn Lumberjack in Love by Penny Watson xxx Bodyguard Bear (Protection, Inc., #1) by Zoe Chant

message 8: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Hello! This is my second time playing this challenge and my first time captaining it. I loved this challenge last round and I'm eager to get going with it again.

I live just outside Winston Salem, NC. I work nights for the post office so I'm not online a whole lot during the day. I actually get most of my internet and reading time during work. Gotta love a good smartphone and a job with lots of downtime!!

I read M/M almost exclusively, though I will occasionally throw in a girly book. ;) I hope that won't bother anyone on the team.

message 9: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments Hi Amy! This is my second time, or is it the third? I can't remember! I love this game. It's so fun and I meet new people. I live just outside DC. I work as a counselor and I am going to school to get a certificate in HR before starting a Masters program in the fall.

I love M/M and am always looking for recommendations so it definitely doesn't bother me! Can't wait to play!

message 10: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited Mar 04, 2016 04:55PM) (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) Hello Amy and Stacie!

I can't remember if this is third or fourth time playing. I love this one, it's fun! I'm from Wales.

Absolutely no problem with M/M, it's one of my favourites to read.

Looking forward to starting!

message 11: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Hello Stacie and Danielle!!

Stacie, I love the area you live in. My boys and I always have such a good time when we visit my sister up there (She lives in McLean Va).

message 12: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments I'm on the other side of town in College Park, MD. It's a great place to live, if not a tad on the expensive side (this area in general)!

message 13: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments Team names:

Three Shades of Awesome
Three Times a Charm
Menage a Trois

message 14: by *Nan* (new)

*Nan* (nan4471) | 170 comments I'm checking in, glad to be on a team ww you again Amy and looking forward to being on a the team w the rest of you, I am out of town so won't be on much until Sunday night

message 15: by *Nan* (new)

*Nan* (nan4471) | 170 comments I'm new to this challenge so I might be a little lost and ask questions in the beginning .

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments Hiya, Stacie ;)

Hello! This is my third time playing and it's one of my favorite challenges. I'm living in Houston, Texas with my hubby and my two younger kids. My oldest is in Japan with the Navy.

I don't really read M/M books... NOT because I have issues with them, just like my New Adult/Contemporary Romances too much. Although, I have been wanting to read The Darker Side of Trey Grey for awhile now!

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments And I personally like Menage a Trois!! Lol

message 18: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 521 comments Hi All,

This is my third time playing this challenge and it's definitely my favorite. Thank you so much Amy for volunteering to be our captain. I live in Boston but am originally from Australia. I travel a lot for work so most of my reading is done in airport waiting areas, planes or late nights in hotels.

I've not read any M/M but have two on my TBR pile so I don't have any issues with others reading them and am curious enough to have them on my list.

Please feel free to call me Amy or Aminko, whatever suits you. I changed my profile name a little while ago as there are a few Amy's I bump into participating in other reading challenges and I was getting confused so who knows how it was affecting everyone else.

I can't wait to get started!!!!

message 19: by *Nan* (new)

*Nan* (nan4471) | 170 comments I also like Ménage a Trois

message 20: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Mar 05, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Hiya Heather, Nan, and Amy! That's everyone checked in. Can't wait for this challenge to get rolling!!

Great to be on a team with you again Nan. Bingo was lots of fun this round. I am kind of glad that it ended before this one started. Didn't want to pile too many required books on myself.

Aminko, I totally understand needing to differentiate yourself from all the other Amy's around. That is why I added the symbols to my name. I was getting confused as to which Amy was being addressed, and I know if I was confused others probably were too.

message 21: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Oh and I like Ménage a Trois as well.

If anyone besides Stacie has name ideas, bring em on. I am total crap at coming up with fun names, but love to see what others come up with. =D

message 22: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited Mar 05, 2016 02:36PM) (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) I'm total useless at coming up with names.

I do like Ménage a Trois as our name.

message 23: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Mar 08, 2016 05:56AM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Hey guys, we seem to have a majority on the name so I'm going to go ahead and send it to Jane this afternoon when I get to my computer.
Jane said that if she hears from the last 3 players, she'll make the first call early. So cross your fingers!! Can't wait to start!!!

message 24: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments Woo!

message 25: by *Nan* (new)

*Nan* (nan4471) | 170 comments Since I have never done this challenge I will just see what everyone else does when posting their weekly picks and completion post

message 26: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19380 comments *Nan* wrote: "Since I have never done this challenge I will just see what everyone else does when posting their weekly picks and completion post"

If you follow the format in msg 3 of this thread, you really can't go wrong Nan :)

message 27: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments I just copy and paste from post 3 then insert the necessary info. It's really simple Nan. =D

message 28: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments Week # 1
Bookcover/link: Then the Stars Fall
Page numbers: 350 pages
How the book qualifies - The death of his wife four years earlier left Travis Bennett a shell of the man he used to be. With his dog by his side, Travis raises his three children, manages his business, and works as a ranch hand. But every day, every minute, is an aching emptiness.

message 29: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Week 1

Option 1
18. Widower/Widow romance (stated in the precis or shown on listopia or shelf)
Optional lists:
Widower: A Man Who Loves Can Love Again
Gay Romance Featuring A MC who is Widowered
Single Fathers of Romance: Great Family Men
Historical Widows
Best Widow Romance

These are optional lists. You do not need to use them. However you DO need to show how the book fits ~ either from how it was shelved, the precis/summary or the name of a list that it appears on.

Option 2
Key date: 4 September 2015

message 30: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Wow, I really wasn't expecting the call today!

message 31: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Mar 09, 2016 04:52PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Week #1, Option 1
Bookcover/link: Dirty Laundry
Page numbers: 260 pages
How the book qualifies - #92 on Gay Romance Featuring a Main Character (MC) who is Widowered

message 32: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 521 comments oh my. oh my. oh my!!!! picture me running around in circles due to the excitement :-)

message 33: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19380 comments Aminko wrote: "oh my. oh my. oh my!!!! picture me running around in circles due to the excitement :-)"

LOL - I did picture you doing that once you stuck it in my head!! No idea what you look like, but you were going crazy ;)

message 34: by Heather (last edited Mar 10, 2016 12:06AM) (new)

Heather | 410 comments Selection Post

Week # 1
The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek, #1) by Linda Kage
Bookcover/link: The Trouble with Tomboys
Page numbers: 250
How the book qualifies: #8 from Widowers: A Man Who Loves Can Love Again

message 35: by *Nan* (new)

*Nan* (nan4471) | 170 comments Amiko, loved your post about running in circles ! Were you flapping your arms /hands while you were doing it?

message 36: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) Selection post – Week 1
Option 1 – Widower/Widow romance

Life Lessons (Life Lessons, #1) by Kaje Harper Life Lessons
279 pages
#32 on Gay Romance Featuring a MC who is Widowered

message 37: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Aminko wrote: "oh my. oh my. oh my!!!! picture me running around in circles due to the excitement :-)"

LOL - I did picture you doing that once you stuck it in my head!! No idea what you look like,..."

Sounds like what was going on in my head!

message 38: by *Nan* (new)

*Nan* (nan4471) | 170 comments Selection post - Week 1
Option 1 - Widower/widow romance

Stripped Bare by Susan Mac Nicol Stripped Bare
290 pages
#75 on Gay Romance Featuring a MC who is Widowered

message 39: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 521 comments Stacie wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "Aminko wrote: "oh my. oh my. oh my!!!! picture me running around in circles due to the excitement :-)"

LOL - I did picture you doing that once you stuck it in my head!! No idea w..."

Ladies - That was exactly how it was. Now that I'm home from my work trip I can calm down enough to actually choose a book :-)

Hope everyone enjoys this week's reading!!!

message 40: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 521 comments Selection Post - Week 1
Option 1 - Widower/widow romance

Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy
291 pages
How the book qualifies - Best Widow Romance Book 63

Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy

message 41: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) Completion post – Week 1
Option 1 – Widower/Widow romance

Life Lessons (Life Lessons, #1) by Kaje Harper Life Lessons
10 March
4 stars

I liked this one a lot. I liked both men and the relationship that build between them. I thought the two kids were cute too. The mystery of the story was believable.

message 42: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments Completion

Week #1
Then the Stars Fall by Brandon Witt
Rating: 2 stars
Completed: March 12

Review
I had a hard time with this book. I understand that it took place in a small town in Missouri full of people who aren't the most tolerant. But the bullying, the name calling, the killing of an animal, it all doesn't sit well with me. I think I'm in the minority with my rating of this one and that's okay.

message 43: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 521 comments Completion Post - Week 1
Option 1 - Windower/Widow Romance

Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy
Flat-Out Sexy
Rating: ✿✿✿✿
Review
I started this book late one night when I was tired and felt that it didn't quite flow so I put it down an went to bed. Picking it up the next day it seemed to flow a little better but I couldn't quite shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right. Despite this vague unease I loved the main characters. I loved that Tammy was willing to give another racing car driver a chance and find happiness. I also loved that Elec saw only Tammy's beauty and told her through words and deeds. Tammy's children will also great additions to the story.

I'm not sure I'll read another in this series but I would read another by this author as her characters are very likable.

message 44: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Week 1 - Completion
Option 1 - Widower/Widow

Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3) by Rhys Ford
Dirty Laundry
Read: 3/13/16
Rating: ★★★★
Review:
I really had no intention of ever reading this book (or the rest of the series). I struggled hard with Book 1 and only read 2 because it fit a challenge I needed. To many Korean names and words and a mystery I didn't care about made them hard books to get through. I ended up deciding on this book the same way I did #2, for a team challenge. Of course scrolling through the reviews for it I noticed Heather K (dentist in my spare time)'s review about how wonderful the audiobook is (seriously check out her review. She puts things so much better than I do). I love a good audiobook so I thought I would give it a try. So glad that I did now.
The story itself was good and gave me more of Cole and Jae, who I absolutely adore. I love these two and the relationship that they have managed to forge amidst all the uncertainty of Cole's tendency to get shot and Jae's family drama. They have a very strong connection that is put to the test in this book.
I love all the secondary characters...Bobby, Mike, Claudia, and of course Ichi, who I'm pretty sure I'm going to love like I do Jae.

Now for the best part of all, the audiobook itself. Greg Tremblay did an absolutely fantastic job narrating this. He gives each character their own distinctive voice and carries them through all the way to the end. There is never a question of who is talking at any given point. I didn't have to stumble over unfamiliar Korean names and words, because he handled that for me. Although I will say that I had a few issues near the end when there was talk about Jae's family from the first 2 books. I think I was seriously mispronouncing those names in my head because I was clueless as to who a few of them were. I think I might go back and buy the first 2 books on audio and listen to them before I continue with the series. It made such a difference to my enjoyment level.

message 45: by *Nan* (new)

*Nan* (nan4471) | 170 comments Week 1 - Completion
Stripped Bare
Finished: 3/14/16
Rated 3.5 stars

I have had this book on my TBR list for quite a while and don't know why I waited so long to read it. This is the kind of book I like with lots of angst and a good story. My only complaint is that there seemed to be a lot of repetition in Shane's actions that lead to problems and you would have thought he would have learned after problems arose for others due to his hacking. I really liked all of the characters in the book as well as the story itself.

If you like books that make you tear up and get emotional then this would be a story for you if you haven't already read it.

message 46: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Nice going ladies!! One more review and we are done for the week and ready for the friday call.
Everyone have a good weekend?

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments Completion Post

Week # 1
The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek, #1) by Linda Kage
Bookcover/link: The Trouble with Tomboys
Page numbers: 250
Date Read: March 15
Rating: 5*
How the book qualifies: #8 from Widowers: A Man Who Loves Can Love Again

Review: Mmmmm, I just can't get enough of Linda Kage lately. I literally fall in love with each of the guys she writes about. Trouble with Tomboys was no exception. It was sweet and sad. With plenty of romance and laughter to leave you with a wonderful story. As usual, I recommend reading this book!

message 48: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 521 comments ❀~Amy~❀ wrote: "Nice going ladies!! One more review and we are done for the week and ready for the friday call.
Everyone have a good weekend?"

Hi Amy,

My weekend was wonderful. Thank you for asking. Somehow I manged to avoid nearly all my household chores. It might be coming back to haunt me now but that's OK. The weather in this part of the world was too good to ignore and thank goodness I didn't as it's been raining and even hailing at times over the last 2 days. Hopefully everyone else had great weather to get out and about in.

message 49: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Aminko wrote: "❀~Amy~❀ wrote: "Nice going ladies!! One more review and we are done for the week and ready for the friday call.
Everyone have a good weekend?"

Hi Amy,

My weekend was wonderful. Thank you for aski..."

Glad you had a good one. We are having absolutely lovely weather at the moment and I hope it holds for a while. I am so ready for spring to get here and stay, even though I miss so much of the pretty day sleeping. I really enjoy what little I get of them.

This team is so much quieter than I'm used to. O_o

message 50: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments It is very quiet! So I'll chat a little...

The weather here in Houston has been beautiful also. I love this time of year because in just a few weeks it'll be so hot I won't want to go outside. Hot weather and a scorching sun don't go well with my reddish hair and pale skin. Lol It's Spring Break for our area right now which means my daughter is home all day driving me insane. But I always feel a little sad when she goes back. I AM getting a lot of reading done so that is always a good thing. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6