2nd Period Language Arts discussion

The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
This topic is about The Notebook
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book 3 - graded & closed > Elma- book 3

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elma (new)

Elma S. | 12 comments Sparks, Nicholas. The Notebook. New York: Warner, 1996. Print.

message 2: by Elma (new)

Elma S. | 12 comments The Notebook is a romantic novel by Nicholas Sparks and is based on a true story. The book opens with Noah Calhoun, an old man, reading to an elderly woman in a nursing home who has senile dementia and memory loss. The story he reads follows two young lovers named Allie and Noah, who met one evening at a carnival but became separated by Allie's parents who disapproved of Noah's unwealthy family. Allie gets engaged to a soldier who meets her parents’ standards while waiting for years to get a letter from Noah. After seeing a photo of him in the newspaper, she decides to stop by the house that they had once dreamed about raising a family in. It is evident they both have feelings toward one another; Allie must choose between her fiancé and her first love. So, who will she decide to spend the rest of her life with? Read the book and find out for yourself!

message 3: by Janelle (new)

Janelle | 10 comments I absolutely love romance novels. I think that when I get to find out that some romance novels are based on true stories, it seems more touching and heart-warming to me. I think that books like this should have the book come out first, and then, the movie out last. I watched the movie, so i hope it doesn't change my emotions on how I feel about the movie towards the book if I decide to read it.

message 4: by Avery (new)

Avery | 13 comments This sounds sad and I have a feeling the end won't be very happy. I've never seen or read the book but I know it's emotional for a lot of people so I can only assume. I'll have to read it eventually to find out!

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin G | 20 comments Personally, I am not a fan of romance novels. I prefer action/adventure books because they seem more eye appealing. In the eyes of a person that likes romance novels, they might find this book right for them.

message 6: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Burns | 13 comments I've seen the movie The Notebook and feel absolutely in love with it and I'm pretty sure like anyother book that was made into a movie, the book is sure to be 10x better. I kind of know the gist of the whole story but I bet the book has a lot more sensory details like you had described in your review. I'm a big sucker for love stories, so I'm pretty sure that this will be the next love story that I read even though I've already seen the movie. Great review!!:)

message 7: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine M | 13 comments Romance novels are one of my favorites! I have also seen this movie and can personally say it is one of my favorites! Now I want to read the book so I can compare it to see if it is better than the movie!

message 8: by Klarissa (new)

Klarissa G | 12 comments I've seen the movie for this book a bunch of times, and I love it. I've heard that all of the Nicholas Sparks books are fantastic and even better than the movies, so I might just have to read it, especially because I'm a sucker for a good romance/ love story.

message 9: by Mide (new)

Mide Ogundimu | 8 comments God knows I'm a sucker for the movie, I knew it also had a novel but I just never payed any mind to it. Like most girls I love romance novels, so since many people have said its even better than the movie I'm going to have to read it to believe it...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.