Fringe Fiction discussion

18 views
Fringe Authors General Chat > The joys of 'butt in chair'!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Rand People say how talk is cheap and you need to get your but in the chair if you want to be a writer, but it didn't stick in my head until today. I've now written more this year than I did in all of 2015. :-)


message 2: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) Yep, you have to plant that ass down and write, even if its nonsense and you not sure where you're going, but I always find that the next day I can pick the gems from what I've written. And believe me, I'm a big procrastinator, there's always something else to do, something to distract me, but once I sit and start writing then I'm full steam ahead...on most days. Yesterday, I wrote and thought I'd saved it - I'm sure I did, but today's its not there - now I'm annoyed and distracted....


message 3: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Yolanda wrote: "Yep, you have to plant that ass down and write, even if its nonsense and you not sure where you're going, but I always find that the next day I can pick the gems from what I've written. And believe..."

Try a 'search' on a key word or the title. A lot of word processing software 'autosaves' periodically in 'temp' files that don't necessarily have the title you gave the document.


message 4: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Rand Yolanda wrote: " Yesterday, I wrote and thought I'd saved it - I'm sure I did, but today's its not there - now I'm annoyed and distracted...."

I think I know how you feel. I dropped my laptop and it stopped working. We got the hard drive out and I was able to move the files to my desk top, but it doesn't have scrivener so they're just sitting there. :-(


message 5: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Virginia wrote: "People say how talk is cheap and you need to get your but in the chair if you want to be a writer, but it didn't stick in my head until today. I've now written more this year than I did in all of 2..."

I need to 'get my butt back in the chair.' I'm not a procrastinator, but I tend to let my other responsibilities interfere with what most of my family dismiss as a 'hobby'.


message 6: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) Maybe you need to get a computer technie to look at your hard drive. My son is one and he can usually retrieve the files.


message 7: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Virginia wrote: "Yolanda wrote: " Yesterday, I wrote and thought I'd saved it - I'm sure I did, but today's its not there - now I'm annoyed and distracted...."

I think I know how you feel. I dropped my laptop and ..."


Definitely take the laptop to a repair shop. It's possible something simply came loose and it will be fine. If not, Scrivener should be on your hard drive in the program files section. You should be able to move it to your desk top and transfer the registration.


message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments oh i know the feeling. ever since i changed from part time to full time, i've been slacking in the writing and whole business portion of publishing. it's a pain the ass for sure. now i'm in that mode where i'm gonnna get into gear, and hopefully get things done. let's see how long that lasts until i get swamped with things or make an excuse of getting swamped lol


back to top