Reads With Friends discussion

Snow Like Ashes > Sun 3/13 | Ch. 27-END

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
4/5 stars from me! Had a few ups and downs but overall I really ended up enjoying this one! I really enjoyed Meira as a MC and while the plot slightly reminded me of Throne of Glass, I felt this book was stronger :) I'll definitely continue the series soon!

message 3: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I just finished this one...I am thinking it is either a 3.5 or 4 ★ for me...it was a good book (not great but good) but I saw that twist coming a mile away...I don't know if it was just that obvious or if it was that the book was extremely tropy

Romanticbookworm | 6 comments I finished this up yesterday and really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series and revisiting these characters. I already own the second book but might wait to nearly the time when the final book is due out to read it. 5/5 stars from me

message 5: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 12 comments I finished today. I'm giving it a 4 or 4.5 probably. I did enjoy the characters but had issues with some of the stuff. Fantasy is not my usual go to read but was glad I read this one. As always reading this type of book with a group I feel I get so much out of it. And it pushed me to read it each day and finish it a lot sooner than I would have if I didn't read it with a group.

message 6: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 44 comments I had intended to finish tonight at work but as I couldn't sleep this morning I said oh well must finish. But then as it was much past bed time I had to sleep before commenting.

Now...

Theron came back for her. Awe. He forced his fathers aid but turning himself in. So sweet. Then he kissed her which was pretty hot, like okay we both almost just died and we might now die but I need to do this first kind of thing. I liked it. Also I'm glad Sir isn't dead.

I saw her being the heir back in the start but it just made sense and while it wasn't a huge twist to me, how it came to be was rather clever and fun. Though I do have a slight confusion at the end. If the only reason Hannah's magic went into herself (heir) when her conduit was destroyed because she scarified it and herself for her people, then how would breaking bag guys staff (I left my book and notes/cheat sheet w/ spellings at home) bind his magic and the decay to him as she fears? He didn't sacrifice for his people?

Now as for Noan...their talk of needing the help of them to get set up and debt worries me. I mean he tried to screw you over and hold you hostage...shouldn't this be payment to ensure that you don't retaliate? Just saying I wouldn't let them near Winter's land to destroy.

The change must be hard for Mather. He lived so long thinking he would be king, with the responsibility, of it. I think he was happy to be free but I think in time as he realizes he took a huge fall from grace and status it will be hard. He now has both his parents, well he knows he has them anyways.

Anywho I really enjoyed the story over all and I love watching her come into her own and her determination and drive. I already pulled out book two, planning to read it next week with a couple friends and saw when I put my bookmark in it that the chapter heading has the characters name so I assume we may get some different POVs

message 7: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (littleprairielibrary) | 78 comments Mod
I really liked this book! And I fully ship Meira and Theron.