Reads With Friends discussion

Snow Like Ashes > Thu 3/10 | Ch. 14-17

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
This has all the right components, and I'm not mad at it, I'm just not blown away. I think I've read too many YA fantasies in the last year.

message 3: by maggie (new)

maggie  (magemoran) Yes Shannon, I definitely agree. It's all there it just seems similar to other things.

Although I will say I'm liking Meira more and more. She is strong and smart. Discovering the plot that the King had going with their own was a nice moment, but I'm still a little hazy on how much Theron knew about the whole situation.

message 4: by LaChelle (new)

LaChelle | 17 comments I'm thoroughly enjoying this and I really like Theron!

message 5: by LaChelle (new)

LaChelle | 17 comments I'm thoroughly enjoying this and I really like Theron!

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Maggie wrote: "Yes Shannon, I definitely agree. It's all there it just seems similar to other things.

Although I will say I'm liking Meira more and more. She is strong and smart. Discovering the plot that the K..."

Meira is my favorite part of the book, hands down. I ended up really enjoying the story but it was a little to YA fantasy trope-heavy for me to love it!

message 7: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 12 comments Maggie wrote: "Yes Shannon, I definitely agree. It's all there it just seems similar to other things.

I don't read a lot of Fantasy and yet I'm thinking the same thing that it sounds like other stuff I've read.

message 8: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 44 comments I like Meira. She is pretty kick ass. She is doing things on her terms and when others start trying to force her hand she took control and wasn't letting anyone stop her. Good thing too because she uncovered just what Noam was doing. He is devious!

My respect for Theron grew deeper. He showed her she could still be her and be what she is expected to be, which I loved and he was willing to help. I'm not pleased he didn't tell her about the wedding date but I believe he was trying to push it back. His father seems unrelenting. Now we know why. I also love that both him and Mather were on his father when he tried to hit her like a coward. Also I don't see them as out numbered. They had the kind and the prince all they had to do was hold the kind hostage, while the prince would have let them go so yeah they had the upper hand so I wasn't a fan of them walking out after letting him threaten them forcing them into this saying the marriage would be legal even if it was forced. WTF? Though I have to say when Spring showed up and he lost his mind its bad for everyone but part of me was cheering seeing him get his, karma.

I wish she had her blade. I thought Theron said they had a bunch of them shipped to them at one time, was there not one in the armory she could have grabbed? Oh or maybe, even better, if somehow in battle she runs into Herod and reclaims her lost one and takes him out with it. This is only book one but I'm just saying it would be pretty sweet though.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (readingwithjessica) Loved, loved, loved today's section. Never in my life have I been torn between two guys in a book/love triangle. I've always have a clear pick....until now!! I literally love both Mather and Theron. Mather is protective, while Theron lets Meira be herself all the while keeping an eye out for her.

I knew Noam was up to something!! Now he's brought this war on himself!

Side note: I felt bad for Meira in this section. It felt like all her people (the winterians) just abandoned her and expect her to marry a stranger with a smile on her face :((

message 10: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 6 comments I don't like Noam I knew he was up to something. I am loving Theron though. Looking forward to reading more and seeing how the story progresses.