Reads With Friends discussion

Snow Like Ashes > Wed 3/9 | Ch. 10-13

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Well that got crazy quick! Dang

message 3: by maggie (new)

maggie  (magemoran) Well, I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand I'm enjoying this world and am very intrigued by the magic, on the other hand it seems to be mostly about the romance right now. Looking forward to more magic and world building in the chapters to come and a little less love triangle stuff.

message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Lawrence (shelleylawrence) I'm on chapter 12 right now. It's fine. I find it a bit confusing, unnecessarily so, and it seems to be missing some key explanations.

message 5: by Shelley (last edited Mar 08, 2016 04:15PM) (new)

Shelley Lawrence (shelleylawrence) I do like her snarkiness, Meira cracks me up. And honestly, I do like the romance ☺️ I really like Theron!

message 6: by LaChelle (new)

LaChelle | 17 comments I just don't know how I feel

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (readingwithjessica) Wow!!! She was just married off without any say so in the matter. I find it funny that the King wanted Meira as a daughter in law when she's just an orphan. I get he's giving her a title later but there's no guarantee that will ever happen. Something tells me that King Noam is going to be evil, he's already grabbing at Meira.

I'm guessing Meira has some type of magic that lets her see visions. She's always dreaming or seeing things that she couldn't possibly know about or remember.

I felt bad for Mather because he was promising to fix the situation so they could be together and Meira suddenly isn't interested.

Also I'm really digging Theron! He seems like a good fit for Meira although I'm still liking Mather.....ugh I'm torn!!

message 8: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 12 comments I'm finding it confusing still too. Liking the romance part.

message 9: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 44 comments Okay so first I would have just said screw it I'm out and took my chances on my own. She's resourceful. I'm never a fan of arranged marriages but at least both parties are usually aware throwing her in there and just letting her find out "SURPRISE You're Engaged" NO

I'm mad at both Sir and Mather for not giving her the slightest warning on that. And to make a deal, and a bad one at that, knowing he plans to take advantage of their land....how does that make sense. Also if they can just go asigning titles like that why couldn't they do that before and make her a suitable match for Mather? And Noan is nuts if he thinks Meira is the type of girl who will let him try to bully her.

I don't feel sorry for anyone but Theron and Meira being forced into this but at least he knew and expected it. She knew nothing. Plus thus far he seems like a pretty decent guy. Mather, if he had always intended to fix this then he should have said that before and not after like some spoiled boy who doesn't like that someone else is playing with his toy (because he didn't feel the need to talk to her or explain before she came in with Theron).

Eve wrote: "Okay so first I would have just said screw it I'm out and took my chances on my own. She's resourceful. I'm never a fan of arranged marriages but at least both parties are usually aware throwing he..."

Yes! I agree with this! I was SO mad at this point! Grrr.

Donnajo wrote: "I'm finding it confusing still too. Liking the romance part."

I kind of felt the same way!

Lucy wrote: "Wow!!! She was just married off without any say so in the matter. I find it funny that the King wanted Meira as a daughter in law when she's just an orphan. I get he's giving her a title later but ..."

Lots of good theories!

Shelley wrote: "I do like her snarkiness, Meira cracks me up. And honestly, I do like the romance ☺️ I really like Theron!"

Agree to all these points!

message 14: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 12 comments Eve wrote: "Okay so first I would have just said screw it I'm out and took my chances on my own. She's resourceful. I'm never a fan of arranged marriages but at least both parties are usually aware throwing he..."

I so agree.