What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Embroidered Sunset
This topic is about The Embroidered Sunset
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Forgotten Title of a Joan Aiken Contemporary Romance; spoilers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie (sparkingjoyinreading) | 7 comments I'm trying to find the title of a Joan Aiken romance/romantic suspense novel. I read it in either the late 80s or early 90s, but it was probably published in the 60s or 70s. In it, the main female lead dies at the very end of the book from a heart condition- she's friends with people in a nursing home. The death comes out of left field. Any ideas as to what the title is?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32317 comments Mod
Angie, can you tell us more about the heroine - job, age, family, memorable traits, etc.?

What's the location?

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (sparkingjoyinreading) | 7 comments It takes place in England and it was a contemporary story- so probably takes place in the 70s. The male lead was older and decided at the end to be with the female lead, only to find out she died. I know there was a nursing home somewhere in there, but that's all I can remember.

message 4: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Here's a list of Aiken's modern novels. Perhaps you will find it on there. http://www.joanaiken.com/pages/modern...

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (sparkingjoyinreading) | 7 comments Thank you for the link! I found it- The Embroidered Sunset!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32317 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - The Embroidered Sunset by Joan Aiken.

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie (sparkingjoyinreading) | 7 comments Thank you!

message 8: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Angie wrote: "Thank you for the link! I found it- The Embroidered Sunset!"

You're welcome. I thought it was most likely one of the books on this list.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Embroidered Sunset (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joan Aiken (other topics)