Upcoming Authors discussion

Authors > What you can learn about book marketing from watching reality TV

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Felix (gillianfx) | 3 comments Book marketing and HGTV's Selling New York.
In case you didn’t know Selling New York is a reality based series on one of my favorite cable channels, HGTV. I don’t have cable so thanks to Netflix I am getting my favorite shows where I can indulge for a few hours of binge watching.

So here’s the premise of Selling New York as stated on Wikipedia: Features real estate brokers from three Manhattan real estate companies (Gumley Haft Kleier, CORE, and Warburg) selling real estate to New York’s elite.

I am amazed how these brokers operate, they are each other’s competition yet they help each other. For instance Michele Kleier (head of Gumley Haft Kleier), is trying to sell a property. If she doesn’t have the clientele at the moment, who wants to buy said property, she throws a fabulous party and invite brokers from her competition; CORE and Warburg. The whole purpose is to showcase the property to these brokers who may have the right client. Cuz you know, buying property is all about timing.

So here’s how this relates to book marketing: I have a website and with good traffic and a strong organic reach, so I invite other authors to play on my website. Hosting the so-called competition brings in fresh readers, more content and more exposure to my property in this case my novels.

Read more tips here: http://www.plaintalkbm.com/selling-ne...

message 2: by Segilola (last edited Mar 04, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 8 comments Hi Gillian,

I totally agree with what you said.

That's why even though I am an author, I do things for other authors too. So on my website www.segilolasalami.co.uk I have a Sunday Snippet category on my blog where I post snippets from other authors books that they send my way.

I also have a podcast show with other guests in it http://tunein.com/radio/The-Segilola-.... For instance, the episode that was recorded today https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&..., the authors are giving away copies of their books to the listeners.

If you want me to post a snippet of your book on my blog, then do let me know.

If you want to host me on your website, I would be more than happy for that too

message 3: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Felix (gillianfx) | 3 comments You go girl! I love it. I've met so many wonderful authors and bloggers from doing things like that. To me it is not a competition it's about connection. That said I would love to have you on my blog. I am going to email you through the contact page on your website so we can set something up.

Thanks for connecting.

Segilola wrote: "Hi Gillian,

I totally agree with what you said.

That's why even though I am an author, I do things for other authors too. So on my website www.segilolasalami.co.uk I have a Sunday Snippet categor..."

message 4: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 8 comments email received and replied. Here's to better things :D