75 Books...More or Less! discussion

2016-2022 Chat > Best books on CD

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani (gocartgrl) | 60 comments I have some audible credits that need to be used, but I don't want to waste them on blah books. What are your favorite audio books and/or narrators?

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2016 10:32AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7807 comments Mod
I heard the Harry Potter series narrated by Jim Dale is amazing. I loved the audiobooks of the following:
Macbeth by A.J. Hartley narrated by Alan Cumming
Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming narrated by Alan Cumming
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan narrrated by Ari Fliakos
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling and Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling narrated by Mindy Kaling
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley the entire Flavia de Luce series narrated by Jane Entwhistle
Just finished with Troublemaker Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini narrated by Leah Remini

I'm a big fan of memoirs/autobiographies/short story collections narrated by the authors themselves. I also heard the Sookie Stackhouse audiobooks are really good. :)

message 3: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani (gocartgrl) | 60 comments Great. Thanks Elyse. I knew you would have some good ones.

message 4: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 1813 comments I love the HP books as narrated by Jim Dale!

Also, off the top of my head:

Watership Down by Richard Adams (narrated by Ralph Cosham)

The Black Tattoo by Sam Enthoven (narrated by John Lee)

The Martian by Andy Weir (narrated by R.C. Bray)

Reckless (Mirrorworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke (narrated by Elliot Hill)

The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2) by Philip Pullman The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3) by Philip Pullman (excellent full cast production... also, your heart will break. Multiple times.)

FYI, if you do get something that you don't like Audible lets you return them and get your credits refunded! I've only had to do that once, but it made me a fan of theirs for life :)

message 5: by Carol (last edited Mar 08, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Carol (carol07) | 2858 comments I really liked Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. It was wonderfully done.

Also, the Harry Potter series was great.

message 6: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4115 comments Mod
I listen to audio a lot and two recent one's that stand out to be are Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes & The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith