Ted E. Bear Hollow Grief Support Book Club discussion

Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Fox | 3 comments Mod
Read a good grief-related book recently? Help us select future readings by offering your suggestions here!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments Hi Cathy,

Thanks for posting these books; I'm so excited about the start to this book club!

Author, Avra Wing just emailed to let us know about her young adult novel, After Isaac. It's the story of a family who loses a child and then adopts a baby. The book is narrated by 16-year-old Aaron Saturn, mourning the death of his little brother, Isaac. Avra is sending you a free copy to review. :)

Rebecca

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Fox | 3 comments Mod
Just received After Isaac today - very excited to read and review it!

message 4: by Dena (new)

message 5: by Larada (new)

Larada Horner-Miller | 1 comments I just self-published a book, A Time to Grow Up: A Daughter's Grief Memoir. You witness my journey and process of grief. I would love to share it with you.

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Ensign | 1 comments HEART GUIDE: True Stories of Grief and Healing

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

"This compassionate book connects the reader to powerful stories of loss and to personal antidotes for healing grief. These raw, unscripted conversations about death help comfort and encourage anyone who has felt abandoned by grief."
— Anne Alderfer, LCSW, Hospice Social Worker

"Frank, warm, unflinching, and compassionate—a heartfelt work that explores sorrow and healing." - Kirkus Reviews