Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Lorraine's Feb. Reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
A debut novel, recommended by "Book Page". An interesting read.

Bad Lands by C.J. Box
A good read.

X by Sue Grafton
Kinsey has strange neighbors and she also is working on a case for an old friend.
Good read.

Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink
Winner of the Pulitzer prize.
Read this for my library book group. Unfortunately, I was sick so I couldn't attend. I'm sure it was a good discussion.
Author describes the chaos at Memorial Medical Center in New Orleans during the Hurricane, Katrina.
45 bodies were recovered from the chapel, morgues, hallways and emergency room. Several health professionals faced criminal allegations that they deliberately injected numerous patients with drugs to hasten their deaths.

Hidden Order by Brad Thor (published 2013)
Five candidates for the Federal Reserve Bank are missing. Scot Harvath is summoned to Washington to find these people. One by one the candidates are being murdered. This is more of a mystery than an espionage novel, but still a good read.
Note: The Federal Reserve Bank sets interest rates and is NOT as part of the U.S. Government. It's a private firm.

message 2: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Interesting mix of books, Lorraine. You're reminding me to get back to "X". I had to return it unread.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Good month Lorraine.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14205 comments How disappointing it must have been to miss the book group discussion for Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital Lorraine.
I hope you are feeling better. Nice variety for the month.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1598 comments Thanks for reminding me I need to catch up on Sue Grafton :)