BSHS: English 10 2015-2016 discussion

Why are you looking forward to Chrombooks?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by bookSmith (last edited Mar 04, 2016 08:36AM) (new)

bookSmith | 34 comments Mod
Read this article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/269120...

What are you looking forward to about having Chromebooks next year?

message 2: by Everett (new)

Everett (Yavic) | 9 comments I'm Really looking forward to next years chromebooks, primarily because of its potential to modernize studying. Having access to the limitless data that is the internet at your fingertips is an exciting thought. Another good thing about them is how it could take away the necessity to carry heavy books everywhere. Instead you could just carry the small laptop. Its a movement that I'm happy to be a part of.

message 3: by Chloe' (new)

Chloe' D | 13 comments I am looking forward to being able work offline. Most of the time I am not at home, so I don't have Internet access. I usually have quite a bit of homework that's online, so I have to wait until I get home which is usually really late to get started on it. I am looking forward to having Chromebooks next year because it will be nice to work offline.

message 4: by Ben (new)

Ben L | 5 comments I'm looking forward to Chromebooks because they allow us to be able to catch up on work, even when we're sick, or away from school for other reasons. It will also allow the students to organize their work, and are less likely to lose a homework assignment or other assignments that they are supposed to hold on to if they are digital rather than an actual piece of paper.

message 5: by Izayah (new)

Izayah Fisher | 3 comments I will be looking forward to chromebooks just as much as the next man. This is because chromebooks give students a way to access online school work, not just in the class but at home or in a local library.

message 6: by mason (new)

mason Mccray | 11 comments I am looking forward to not having to carry around all of my books. It is hard to go to your locker and get to your class in the time given but when I get that Chromebook I will only have one thing and it will make my life so much easier.

message 7: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 7 comments I'm not looking forward about chrome books, because that would mean I'm looking forward for school, and man do I hate school.

message 8: by Aliana (new)

Aliana Yanez (ally636) | 4 comments I will not be looking forward to Chromebooks. Reasons 1) You cant type fast. 2) You can barley see the screen. 3) It's to tiny. lol

message 9: by Nacona (new)

Nacona Carlson | 14 comments Im looking forward to Chromebooks because Ii can type faster than i can write. I can always access the internet. I can also not have a backpack if i want to. My backpack is always heavy with books and it is annoying so carrying a little computer around would not be as bad. One thing that could be bad however is the fact that the Chromebooks are small and if they are slow the whole school year is screwed. 2012 netbooks...never again.

message 10: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Pate | 8 comments I am really looking forward to chrome books this year I am a really big fan of google and their products. I will be happy to have a computer for just my school work and not have to use my own computer. I am very excited to be able to start working on computers more during class.

message 11: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Collins | 8 comments I'm looking forward to getting Chromebooks because it would be nice to have a computer that I could do everything on. But I would rather work on my own because there's a lot of risk that comes with getting a school-owned computer like getting it stolen, or having it break. But overall I think that it's a good idea.

message 12: by Ray (new)

Ray Haack | 6 comments I am looking forward to Chromebooks because carrying one Chromebook to class is much more manageable than a huge stack of books. The Chromebooks will also help push technology into each class which will be great to start dealing with more heading into a more modernized future. Also, the Chromebooks help everyone access the internet versus just the ones that are privileged enough to have the technology to do online assignments.

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara (ameya18) | 8 comments I am looking forward to chromebooks next year mostly because i don't have a laptop of my own so I often have to share the house computer when I need to get work done but with a chromebook I would be able to get things done on my own and as Rat mentioned, it would be a whole lot lighter than carrying around huge stacks of books. Also, since I use google a lot for schoolwork and I'm assuming a lot of our assignments would be more online a lot less of our assignments would get lost and in one place.

message 14: by Denoi (new)

Denoi Black | 11 comments I am really looking forward to Chromebooks next year. I think that Chromebooks will really make school work more efficient. I think that by having a computer available to students will help them do better and help them get work done. In addition I think that having Chromebooks will make doing work more faster.

message 15: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Polishchuk (sasha1230) | 8 comments I look forward to the chrome books next year because I think it would be useful for class work and when your absent you can go on and see what you missed

message 16: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Polishchuk (sasha1230) | 8 comments I look forward to the chrome books next year because I think it would be useful for class work and when your absent you can go on and see what you missed

message 17: by Jasmine (last edited Mar 08, 2016 09:54AM) (new)

Jasmine Pitone (goodreadscomjasminepitone) | 11 comments I'm definitely looking forward to having Chromebooks next year. With access to Chromebooks, all students will be able to access their school work and complete their assignments more efficiently. In addition, Chromebooks will be a very convenient study tool because of Internet access. Instead of having multiple text books for one's classes, the potable laptop will help to make assignments more organized and the ease of carrying it would be beneficial.

message 18: by Noah (new)

Noah Melton | 11 comments Im not looking forward to having crome books next year. I think they will be a distraction for students and think that it will be taking away from the teacher to student direct learning. I think it will be quite a mistake on berrien springs part.

message 19: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 3 comments To be honest I am not looking forward to the chromebooks because the it is just one more thing to carry around and have a chance to break.

message 20: by Riya (new)

Riya Patel | 9 comments I am looking forward to the chrome books next year. Sometimes, we do not always have internet connection on the go, but with these we will have access to our work all the time. It will enhance our learning environment and help us with work at everyone's different pace. Along with all this, chrome books will greatly help reduce the number of students that are suffering from back pain due to heavy course books.

message 21: by Jalen (new)

Jalen Joseph (JalenJ) | 8 comments I am looking forward to the new chrome books next year.Other people wouldn't have internet at home this gives us a good way to have something we can take home and be able to work online.

message 22: by Max W (new)

Max W | 9 comments I am looking forward to the new chrome books next year because I wont have to carry a bunch of notebooks around and have to log in and wait a whole bunch for computers to login.

message 23: by Destini (new)

Destini Tanner (destiniloves98) i am looking forward to chromebooks because then i wouldnt have to worry about waiting for the computer to load and then if we get the chromebooks then i wouldnt have to wait for it too boot up then i would be able to get my work done when we get the chromebooks i really cant wait till we get the chromebooks because its gonna be a lot easier for everyone to use.

message 24: by Elisha (new)

Elisha Hollis | 10 comments I'm pretty indifferent about the Chromebooks honestly. I mean, I have my own computer at home so I don't really need a Chromebook. But on the other hand, I think it'll be a cool opportunity I guess.

message 25: by David F (new)

David F Fernandez (captainbunbunz) | 4 comments I think that these chomebooks could really make a difference. For example most of the text book providers have a online version of their books, so that helps us to carry less to class. Again with schoolnet, it nearly eliminates the need for a pencil. I think that the chromebooks can really put us ahead and save a lot of money for the school in the long run.

message 26: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Moses I think it is going to be different, because we are going to do more homework online then doing it on paper.

message 27: by Nate (new)

Nate | 10 comments I think the chrome books will be a hindrance to many students as they will now have to do online assignments at home, and as this may be a pro to teachers many students are without internet. Personally I think the school will not only be spending to much money on these books, but are walking into a whole new world of possibilities and opportunities for trouble. Mostly bullying or property issues.

message 28: by Nate (new)

Nate | 10 comments No I do not look forward to having chrome books. Ultimately it will be less time to myself and more devoted to school. I'm simply hoping now that every teacher wont swamp us with unforeseen assignments at random moments. Or set odd deadlines, like 11 o'clock and such.

message 29: by Alannah (new)

Alannah (AmazingGrace13) | 6 comments I am looking forward to chrome books because it saves students from carrying around heavy books or loads of papers around all day. Students will only have to carry their chrome book. This will make things a lot easier. We can do everything online. The only downside would be if the student had no internet availability from home. It would make it difficult especially if assignments weren't posted until after school and they aren't able to view it or work on it.