Jackie Collins Fans discussion

LA Connections Buddy Read :D

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Starting Thursday; included already are myself, Voracious and Amy. Anyone who wishes to join is welcome to. Post your thoughts of the book here as you read :)

message 2: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments I'm here and I'm ready to read! I'm sure I've read this one already but many many years ago now so I'm looking forward to discovering it all over again :-)

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments I'm loving this book! I've just finished Book 1, and I'm very tempted to make a start on Book 2.

The characters are brilliant, the story lines - as always - are addictive and building up nicely. If I have read this book before, it must have been a very long time ago, as I don't remember much of it.

How are you getting on Brooklyn? This one is a favourite of yours, isn't it?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments My copy hasn't come in at the library yet. :/

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments Hi Amy,

Sorry to hear you haven't got a hold of your copy yet. I can always pause where I'm at with it and wait until you have your copy. There's nothing worse than waiting on a hold to come into the library :-/

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments Hey there!

Thanks for saying that Voracious, but I don't want to stop you in the middle of your read! I guess it was my misunderstanding that it was this Thursday coming that we were starting.

I checked for a copy at used bookstores today as it hasn't come into the library yet. No worries about me though. You girls keep going. I'll read it when it finally comes in ...I checked and it hasn't come in yet at the library so hopefully soon.

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments Was it this Thursday?! Oh my, you know it could have been Amy. I've been all over the place with my house move and everything, perhaps it's me who misunderstood. I'm happy to hold off in that case. My kids are sick at the moment anyways, so I'm not getting much peace to read :-/

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments Good news, ladies! The status has been modified to shipped on my online library account. Hopefully it will be in tomorrow. I don't know how long it takes in between libraries. Xoxo

message 9: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Hey ladies, sorry I've been absent here but I've not been getting the topic notifications. -_-

Also my phone is being naughty and everything is crashing/getting deleted. Hoping a software update will remedy it. *crosses fingers*

It's all good, appreciate you waiting Voracious, and if you could post, Amy, when you get a copy that would be great :)

message 10: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments PS: Voracious, I hope your children feel better soon! I'm feeling lousy myself :(

message 11: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments Hi ladies,

I don't seem to be getting group notifications either so I'm just checking in everyday so I don't miss anything.

Kids are all still sick - there's a nasty cough doing the rounds here and mine all have it :-( Sorry to hear you're not feeling too great either Brooklyn. You make sure you get plenty of rest (and books!).

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments I'm sorry to hear about the kidlets being so sick, Voracious! That's always tough when they're all so sad and wiped.

I'm so sorry ladies...my copy still hasn't come in yet! It says it was shipped two days ago but I guess it depends on how close of a town it was shipped from to know an estimated time. I forget where it said it was coming from and can't go back and look. I hope I'm not killing you with the hold up. If it's any consolation, I went to every book store in town looking for an old copy to no avail. Any day now :-(

message 13: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Thanks, V! I'm much better now and I hope the kiddies will be too. I'm not getting the notifications either but I check daily too :D

And Amy, that's okay! You can't do anything about it, you've looked but I hope your copy from the library comes soon :) I've not started mine yet but I might do tonight; I need some Jackie after what's been a crazy working week! :D

message 14: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments It's true though, isn't it? A bit of JC always makes things seem so much better. Her books are a place to get lost in and forget the 'norm' for a short while.

Kids all seem back to normal - what a week! So much coughing, it's been awful for them. Coupled with moving house and changing schools, they've been through a lot this past month. I'm still in the process of moving stuff cross county from the old house, and on Monday I get my beloved and precious JC collection shipped, including all my signed editions. I'm very excited to finally be getting those and I'm moving them myself - I do not trust anyone else to pack them up and ship them :-) So I have a lovely book case awaiting all these books and I can't wait.

I hope you get your copy in soon Amy - there is nothing worse than waiting on holds from the library, especially when you're so anxious to get started on it!

Hope you both have a great weekend.

message 15: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Definitely agree with you, Voracious.

Glad everything is good with you and that the kids are better. I hope your books are with you soon, have a great weekend ladies :D

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments 8 days and still no notification to my phone to say it's in...maybe by the end of today !??!!! :(

message 17: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Oh my! I truly hope you get it today, Ames!!! <3

message 18: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments Hi ladies, hope you both had a great weekend. And I really hope today is the day for your book Amy :-)

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments My God, Ladies. I'm so sorry. I should have just made you both go ahead. I figured the weeks notice Brooklyn gave me should have been more than suffice. Crazy length of time. :(

message 20: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments It's okay Amy, it can't be helped. We all know the pain of waiting for an item from the library :/

Hope you two ladies and yours are well :)

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments If you ladies want to finish yours since you started, I'd say go ahead. It's been two weeks. Maybe I'll just catch the next one. I'll read this when it comes in but it's day 15 today. Crazy.
Sorry for holding you up. Maybe next time it will be quicker. It's never been this long before once it's shipped.
I waited once for a book like seven months after request but it just stayed in request mode. That was a rare book. I know because I tried to buy it. So I understood. This one was coming from an hour away. Lol Nuts. *head shake

Thanks for trying though. I sent pics to Brooklyn, Voracious. If I knew how to post them here in code or whatever, I would have :)

message 22: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Thanks Ames, appreciate it. :)

At any rate, when you get the book you can drop your thoughts on each story here. It'll be nifty and nice to have some threads active here in memory of Jackie.

I still think it's crazy that you've had to wait so long for an item that's coming from such a close library! That's craazy!!

Anyway, hope you're well! Both of you. :)

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 13 comments Finally came in today. Lol

Ridiculous. Hahah

Also, the one I requested a week after this one and coming from farther away, also arrived.

message 24: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments I hope you enjoy it :D happy Easter ladies :)

message 25: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (voracious-reader) | 12 comments Happy Easter to you both :-)

Well that's my Friday night sorted - LA Connections here I come!! Are we doing Lethal Seduction next?

Hope you both have a great weekend xx

message 26: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Sounds awesome, and yes! Definitely looking forward to continuing the journey of Madison Castelli :D