Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Need Book Recommendations > Do you know any books that feature "Coyote" the trickster god?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by One Blue Eye (new)

One Blue Eye (oneblueeye) | 3 comments I've just finished reading the Mercy Thompson 'verse from start to finish and now I'm obsessed with finding some more Coyote trickster goodness. I've encountered him before in C Gockel's I Bring the Fire (Loki) Series and I loved him there too. Do you know of any other paranormal romance novels that have Coyote as a character? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!
blue

message 2: by Al (last edited Mar 04, 2016 06:39AM) (new)

Al H. (alfons) | 7 comments You should definitely check out the Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy series by C.E. Murphy.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane Cousins | 18 comments And Kevin Hearne has a an interesting series where both native, norse and a whole host of other gods pop up. Some as allies, some as foes.
Coyote is one of the major characters.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Schwartz (jenny_schwartz) | 24 comments Not so much Coyote, but have you tried Sacred Ground (Jennifer Talldeer, #1) by Mercedes Lackey by Mercedes Lackey? I enjoyed the Native American aspect of it.

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) Yep, Mercy Thompson and Walker Papers series were the two I've read, both enjoyable.

message 6: by One Blue Eye (new)

One Blue Eye (oneblueeye) | 3 comments Jenny wrote: "Not so much Coyote, but have you tried Sacred Ground (Jennifer Talldeer, #1) by Mercedes Lackey by Mercedes Lackey? I enjoyed the Native American aspect of it."

Al wrote: "You should definitely check out the Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy series by C.E. Murphy."

Thanks for responding!
I was looking at the Walker Papers series. Is that similar in style to Mercy Thompson?

message 7: by One Blue Eye (new)

One Blue Eye (oneblueeye) | 3 comments Al wrote: "You should definitely check out the Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy series by C.E. Murphy."

Are the books by Kevin Hearne romance novels as well?

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Emme (Lisa_Emme) | 20 comments One Blue Eye wrote: "Al wrote: "You should definitely check out the Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy series by C.E. Murphy."

Are the books by Kevin Hearne romance novels as well?"

The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne aren't a romance, but they are a great read (there is a romantic subplot of sorts). I would classify them as urban fantasy.

I also second the vote for the Walker Papers series by CE Murphy

message 9: by Al (last edited Mar 05, 2016 08:40AM) (new)

Al H. (alfons) | 7 comments One Blue Eye wrote: "I was looking at the Walker Papers series. Is that similar in style to Mercy Thompson? "

Similar in style? Short answer, yes pretty much. At least, I enjoyed them equally, you might also. From your OP this should be what you're looking for.

message 10: by Shannon (new)

message 11: by mara (new)

mara Rayne (raynelanfier) | 6 comments There is one with a female lead that bought a hotel in a small town and that falls in love with a dragon... it features coyote but I totally can’t find the damn title

message 12: by mara (new)

mara Rayne (raynelanfier) | 6 comments And then I looked up and saw stormwalker right above my post and I face desk

message 13: by Ria Reads Books (new)

Ria Reads Books | 2 comments Trail of lightning. Its soo good. The myths, characters and representation in that book is amazing.

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣ (misericordia) | 3 comments mara wrote: "And then I looked up and saw stormwalker right above my post and I face desk" The Stormwalker series IS really cool!

message 15: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (halogen) Rhea Reads wrote: "Trail of lightning. Its soo good. The myths, characters and representation in that book is amazing."

I just finished this one ( Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse ) and you're right! It heavily features Coyote and it's a really great read.