Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Children's Fiction > Happy to review any middle grade book

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Hi,

I'm an author mainly of crime/mystery novels and children's picture books but have plans for a fantasy/adventure series for 8-12 year olds, however before I start I want to get a feel for writing for this age group, I'm a teacher but I mainly work with younger kids and it's been a while since I've worked with older kids so just wanted to get myself back in the mindset and thought I may as well help someone out with a review while I re-emerse myself in this age group!

If you'd like me to review a book for you, although i'm planning a fantasy/adventure series I am happy to review anything for this age group, please feel free to email me a copy of your book at janeylittlebear@gmail.com

Jane Blythe

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 256 comments Hi Jane,
Let me know if you are interested in any of these books. If you are a teacher you might find The Race (an inspiring story for left-handers) useful for your school library.
The Race: An Inspiring Story for Left-Handers
The Race An Inspiring Story for Left-Handers by Jan Hurst-Nicholson
Bheki and the Magic Light teaches children about another culture (it was first published by Penguin)
Bheki and the Magic Light
Bheki and the Magic Light by Jan Hurst-Nicholson
The Leon Chameleon PI stories teach children about the small creatures of South Africa in a fun way.
Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Missing Canary Eggs Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Missing Canary Eggs by Jan Hurst-Nicholson
Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Kidnapped Mouse
Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Kidnapped Mouse by Jan Hurst-Nicholson

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Hi Jan

I am happy to review any/all of them for you, send me an email at janeylittlebear@gmail.com

Have a great day

message 4: by Jan (new)

I've emailed you a copy in a .mobi file. The Race An Inspiring Story for Left-Handers by Jan Hurst-Nicholson

message 5: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 111 comments Hi Jane,

Thanks for doing this

Email sent

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom (tom_shutt) | 87 comments Hi Jane,

I've just sent you an email! Thank you for the review offer, and I hope you'll enjoy my middle-grade CYOA novel, Day of the Fish-Zombies. =)

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 192 comments Hi Jane,
I just sent you an email. :-)

message 8: by Jan (new)

Just called back to thank you for the lovely insightful reviews :)

message 9: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Jan, you are MORE than welcome, it was my pleasure to read all of these great books!!

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle Jacklee | 33 comments Jane wrote: "Hi,

I'm an author mainly of crime/mystery novels and children's picture books but have plans for a fantasy/adventure series for 8-12 year olds, however before I start I want to get a feel for writ..."

Hi Jane, I've sent you an email ;) Thanks again!

message 11: by Melody (new)

Melody Bremen (melodyjbremen) | 22 comments Jane wrote: "Hi,

I'm an author mainly of crime/mystery novels and children's picture books but have plans for a fantasy/adventure series for 8-12 year olds, however before I start I want to get a feel for writ..."

Hi Jane,
Are you still accepting books for review?

message 12: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 111 comments anyone needing more exposure can post their book's details here http://www.segilolasalami.co.uk/submi...

message 13: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Hi Melody

Yes but I'm recovering from cancer surgery and still have four books to read and review, and one to just review, so as long as you don't mind waiting a little while for me to get to your book then send me an email!

Jane

message 14: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 111 comments sending hugs your way Jane and wishing you a speedy recovery

message 15: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Thanks Segilola!