#AYEARATHON discussion

May - Finish/Catch Up Month > May 2014 - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 198 (198 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Apr 30, 2014 02:37PM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2000 comments Mod
Hello everyone share what you plan on reading for this month's theme.

It starts May 5th and ends May 11th I hope everyone achieves their goal's :D

I haven't decided on everything I want to read yet but I I think I'll be reading Clash & Crush by Nicole Williams those are the last two books in the Crash Trilogy.

message 2: by Mckenzie (new)

Mckenzie Lynne | 7 comments I plan to read prodigy and champion by Marie Lu books 2 and3

message 3: by Beni (new)

Beni | 6 comments I am going to read the next two of the Lunar Chronicles that and maybe Nameless Lilith Saintcrow.

message 4: by Alix (new)

Alix Najera | 1 comments I'm going to read Clash by Nicole Williams as well as Opal and Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout.

message 5: by Cathryn (new)

Cathryn (la_knight89) | 10 comments I'm going to finish Scarlet and read Cress. Since I have jobs, I may not be able to do more than that, but if I have room, I'll read the following as I have time:

The Darcies: The Ruling Passion (read the first 2 books, still have to read this one)
Sever
Allegiant
Unite Me/Ignite Me
Requiem

message 6: by Ainoa (new)

Ainoa (queenoferebor) | 1 comments With my finals approaching, I will be happy if I can read

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

and finish City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 7: by Filipe (new)

message 8: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (abeautifulbook) I plan on reading The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (Starting now), and hopefully City of Bones, Ashes, and Glass (:

message 9: by Ryoku (last edited Apr 30, 2014 04:12PM) (new)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm planning on reading:
The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus, #2) by Jonathan Stroud Ptolemy's Gate (Bartimaeus, #3) by Jonathan Stroud and BZRK Reloaded (BZRK, #2) by Michael Grant

message 11: by Nicole (last edited May 01, 2014 11:15AM) (new)

Nicole (nicolesgoodreads) I`m going to be finishing Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare if I don`t finish before the 5th, then reading as much as I can of Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare . If I finish early (which I doubt, but why not set a high goal), I will probably read whatever the Booksplosion book of the month is if it`s out or comes out while this is still going on, since the liveshow is on the 3rd! :D I`m so excited to finally get a lot of reading done!!

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I'm finishing Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (which is the conclusion of a duology).
Starting a couple first books: Half Bad by Sally Green and Antigoddess by Kendare Blake.
And I plan on starting my re-read of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon sometime really soon.

message 13: by Caletha (new)

Caletha (lalacartoonz) | 2 comments I'm gonna attack my life as a white trash zombie series and the minion series and devil inside me series are on my mind right now

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 3 comments I'll be reading Silence and Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick. It's book three and four in the Hush Hush series.

message 15: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 170 comments I'm going to finish the Star Wars movie novelizations. I've owned all six for a while, but haven't read 4.

I'll finish reading:
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars (episode IV novelization)
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi

message 16: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (kempfme) I'm going to try to finish The Matched series. With bout of books read a thon, I'm sure I have a great chance.

message 17: by Ashley (last edited May 03, 2014 07:10PM) (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments 1. Splintered and Unhinged (A.G. Howard)
2. The One (Kiera Cass)
3. Crown of Midnight (Sarah J. Maas)
4. Unravel Me and Ignite Me (Tahereh Mafi)
5. Eon and Eona (Alison Goodman)
6. House of Many Ways (Diana Wynne Jones)
7. City of Ashes and City of Glass (Cassandra Clare)
And if I don't finish it by Monday: Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Laini Taylor)
Aiming to get those I may not get it but I can dream xD

message 18: by João (last edited Apr 30, 2014 07:24PM) (new)

João Marcos (joaomarcos) 1. Across the Universe- Beth Revis
2. The One- Kiera Cass
3. Of monsters and men- Patrick Ness
4. Angelfall- Susan Ee
5. Immortal in death- J.D. Robb
6. Scarlet- Marissa Meyer

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Gatzlaff | 29 comments I am going to read what my girlfriend doesn't know by Sonya sones and conspiracy game. I also have a video on youtube the read-a-thon and my viewers will choose 2 more books from my pile of books.

message 20: by Deniece (new)

Deniece (onebookishbabe) | 12 comments I hope to finish the following series…
Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth

Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld

Specials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld

Reached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie

Maybe catch up on the following...

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee

message 21: by ke-sha (new)

Kelsey wrote: "I am going to read:

a touch morbid A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2) by Leah Clifford

house of Hades The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan

ascend Ascend (Trylle, #3) by Amanda Hocking

If I finish those and need more ..."

Ive hear good thing about the Touch Trilogy I almost bought them but I was Like "Control Thy Self". Im on a Book Buying Slow but sometimes I grow weak but I haven't caved so I'm good.

Oh Yay, House Of Hades. Did you pre-Order the Fifth book? I still need to Read Mark Of Athena first. I think I may wait to read them both for next month but Im not sure.

I thought about catching up on those series but I would have to (Re)Read City of Bones & Rot & Ruin and I dont feel in the mood right now.

Good Luck with your Goal :D

message 22: by ke-sha (new)

Rachel wrote: "I plan on reading Cress by Marissa Meyer, the 3rd book in The Lunar Chronicles & Black Dawn by Rachel Caine, the 12th book in The Morganville Vampires series. If I finish both of those books and I ..."

Aww Cress I feel like everywhere I turn some one is reading a book from that series, I tell you Cinder is stalking me like "READ ME NOW" Lol

So Many books in the Morganville Vampire series I own a lot of the but haven't started the series yet. I mean I read the first few pages but was distracted by another books. Do you know if she plans to end the series anytime soon?

message 23: by ke-sha (new)

Mckenzie wrote: "I plan to read prodigy and champion by Marie Lu books 2 and3"

Aww yes Awesome books...Or so I heard I have yet to do more the stare at the pretty different colored Ink, I am shameful I know. I hope to read the trilogy this year though

Good luck With your goal :D

message 24: by ke-sha (new)

Beni wrote: "I am going to read the next two of the Lunar Chronicles that and maybe Nameless Lilith Saintcrow."

Yeah, It official I can't go a day without hearing about the Lunar Chronicles I must read it soon Lol Everyone seems to love them.

I have Nameless around here somewhere I saving it for later but I saw their was going to be a sequel but sadly its not in Hardcover so my copies wont match I hate when they do that >_<

On another note I look forward to what you think of Nameless not a lot of people have read it, so it seems.

Good Luck With Your Goal :)

message 25: by ke-sha (new)

Alix wrote: "I'm going to read Clash by Nicole Williams as well as Opal and Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout."

Oh Yay, Hopefully if I dont change my Mind Maybe after were both done we can discuss Clash together if you dont mind :)

I still havent started Obsidian yet but I have it around here somewhere...I need to get more shelves and organize myself Lol

message 26: by ke-sha (new)

Cathryn wrote: "I'm going to finish Scarlet and read Cress. Since I have jobs, I may not be able to do more than that, but if I have room, I'll read the following as I have time:

The Darcies: The Ruling Passion (..."

I hadnt heard of The Darcies before seems like something my friend Alyssa would love she's a bug Pride & Prejudice Fan.

Sever by Lauren DeStefano? How are you liking that series? I read the first couple of chapters before. I couldnt get over some of the plot holes and put it down. One of my friends said it never got answered. Although I still plan to read the first book one day since I own it.

Aww Allegiant I still havent Finished Divergent Ive been on page like 28 for the past month I really enjoyed the movie but I've been spoiled for the 1st & 3rd book so I'm not in a rush. Have you seen the movie?

Good Luck with your goal :)

message 27: by ke-sha (new)

Bruna wrote: "I plan on reading:
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare, Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi, and The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan :)"

I thought about reading The Mortal Intrument sereies but then I would have to (Re)Read City Of Bones and I didnt feel in the mood. I think I want to wait until I have all of them in front of me.

I Was going to read the rest of the Shatter Me series this month but I need to (Re)Read Shatter Me and One of my friend said they want to Buddy read the series with me so I'm waiting until June. I can't wait to see what everyone has been going on about.

Percy Jack Love that series.

Good luck with your goal :)

message 28: by ke-sha (new)

Noa wrote: "With my finals approaching, I will be happy if I can read

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

and finish City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare"

Good Luck on your Finals and Your Goal.

I've only read City of Bones, Need to (Re)Read it before I start the series again though because I don't remember much. Im going to wait until I get my hands on the last two books in the TMI series though :D

message 29: by ke-sha (new)

Filipe wrote: "Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare"

Did you watch the Catching Fire Movie? Or are you waiting until you finish the book?
Good luck with your goal :)

message 30: by ke-sha (new)

Jordan wrote: "I plan on reading The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (Starting now), and hopefully City of Bones, Ashes, and Glass (:"

How are you liking the Percy Jackson series? Have you seen the movies?
I need to (Re)Read City Of Bones before reading the rest of the series.

Good luck with your Goal :D

message 31: by ke-sha (new)

Ryoku wrote: "I have a long TBR list for this coming up readathon. I plan on reading:
How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel
Insurgent
Allegiant
[book:How to Betray a Dra..."

Yep that is a long list Lol

A few series I need to Start/Finish.

I've been on Page 28 of Divergent for like the last month or so Lol So sad.

And I still have yet to start "Daughter Of Smoke And Bone" I've been gazing at the Boxset of the trilogy but I want to read the 1st book before I even think about getting it just in case I dont like it all that much.

message 32: by ke-sha (new)

TheButterflyEffect wrote: "I'm planning on reading:
The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus, #2) by Jonathan StroudPtolemy's Gate (Bartimaeus, #3) by Jonathan Stroud and BZRK Reloaded (BZRK, #2) by Michael Grant"

Not many people I know have read the Bartimaeus Trilogy. how do you like it? I need to (Re)Read it myself because I recently picked up The Prequel "The Ring Of Soloman" so I want to (Re)Read the whole series together.

message 33: by ke-sha (new)

Nicole wrote: "I`m going to be finishing Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare if I don`t finish before the 5th, then reading as much as I can of Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare. If I finish early (which ..."

Good Luck, I wonder what the Booksplosion is choosing this month. I really wanted to read Panic & Rebel Belle but I'm on a BookBuying slowdown :( so Hopefully I own the Next one :)

Good Luck With You're Goal :D

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesgoodreads) ke-sha wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I`m going to be finishing Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare if I don`t finish before the 5th, then reading as much as I can of Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare. If I finis..."

Thank you so much, and I`m so excited to find out what the next book will be!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I plan on reading City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare and 12th of Never (Women's Murder Club, #12) by James Patterson to catch up on these series. If I have time, I'll also read Shadow of the Giant (Ender's Shadow, #4) by Orson Scott Card .

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

ke-sha wrote: "TheButterflyEffect wrote: "I'm planning on reading:
The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus, #2) by Jonathan StroudPtolemy's Gate (Bartimaeus, #3) by Jonathan Stroud and BZRK Reloaded (BZRK, #2) by Michael Grant"

Not many people I know have read the ..."

I liked the first book so much I immediately went out and got the second and third from the library.

message 37: by Filipe (new)

Filipe (filipeheath) ke-sha wrote: "Filipe wrote: "Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare"

Did you watch the Catching Fire Movie? Or are you waiting until you finish the book?
Good luck with your ..."

I already saw the movie :) thanks

message 38: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 82 comments I would like to finish the Divergent series, but I'm waiting for the paperbacks :(. Does anybody know something?

message 39: by Ottavia (new)

Ottavia | 9 comments I need to finish the Shatter Me trilogy! So I'm planning to read Ignite Me :)

message 40: by Excalibur (new)

Excalibur Snape | 22 comments Have lots of books to finish.
Star wars rebel dawn, the claiming of sleeping beauty,
waste land, wheel of time book 7 just to name a few.
going to try finish at least two.

message 41: by Hamza (new)

Hamza (HamzaChaba) | 1 comments I need to read The Maze Runner trilogy and I'm already half-way through the first book, and if I finished earlier I'll probably read something else (not sure yet)

message 42: by Gregory A (new)

Gregory A (gregglies) | 6 comments This is my first #AYEARATHON so I for my tbr I'm going to re read the mortal instrument series as city of heavenly fire is being released this month. So I will be re reading City Of Bones, City Of Ashes, City Of Glass and City Of Fallen Angels. I didn't end up getting to City Of Lost Souls so I will be reading that I've for the first time. Happy reading everyone. :)

message 43: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) Hi everyone. I'm seeing so many good books on these TBRs.
For this month's theme I'll try to read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2) by J. K. (Author) on Jul-01-1999 Hardcover Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets HARRY POTTER AND THE , Dark Force Rising (Star Wars The Thrawn Trilogy, #2) by Timothy Zahn and A May Bride (A Year of Weddings, #6) by Meg Moseley .
Good reading to everybody. :)

message 44: by Bhavik (last edited May 01, 2014 09:13AM) (new)

Bhavik I need to catch up with the i am number four series so i'm going to probably read The Power of Six, The Rise of Nine and The Fall of Five :)

message 45: by Ivana (new)

Ivana Užarević (bookwormconfessions) Hi! I'm planning on reading Starters by Lissa Price and the sequel called Enders. and after that I'm reading The screaming staircase and then it's re-read time :) The whole The infernal devices and The mortal instruments series because City of Heavenly Fire comes out this month and I'm soooo excited because I really want to read it right away :)

message 46: by ke-sha (new)

Kelly wrote: "I'm finishing Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (which is the conclusion of a duology).
Starting a couple first books: Half Bad by Sally Green and Antigoddess by Kendare Blake.
And I plan on star..."

How are you liking Girl Of Nightmares? a lot of people I know didnt like the Sequel as much but I Loved it. And Antigoddess and Half-Bad were enjoyable as well.

Hope you reach your Goal :)

message 47: by ke-sha (new)

Alex wrote: "I plan to finish the maximum rides series starting with Saving the world and other extreme sports."

How do you like the series? I've heard mixed things. I own the first 7 so I should really start them one day soon Lol

Good Luck with your goal :)

message 48: by ke-sha (new)

Caletha wrote: "I'm gonna attack my life as a white trash zombie series and the minion series and devil inside me series are on my mind right now"

I keep seeing the "White Trash Zombie" series around but I've never heard anything about it. How do you like it?

"Devil Inside Me" is that the one by Jenna Black?

Hope you reach your goal :)

message 49: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (britsbooknook) I'm hoping to read The Rising and The Dead Town
If I finish those then I will read Living with the Dead

message 50: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments The Last Olympian
I Will be reading this ( along with rereading 3 and 4 but I can finish those before Monday) because I read the first 4 about 3 years ago? yea and I never finished it. So I'm going to get on that
and I will also be reading
True: An Elixir Novel
the third and final book to Hilary Duff's Elixir trilogy ( its really good)
and finally (IT IS COMING OUT MAY 6TH AND I PRE-ORDERED IT SO IT SHOULD COME WITHIN THE FIRST TWO DAYS)
The One
The final book to the Selection trilogy!!!!

« previous 1 3 4