BGB Book Club discussion

Brown Girls - Introduce and tell a little about yourself!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (last edited Mar 04, 2016 06:48AM) (new)

Sharon Lucas (goodreadscomuser_sharonlucas) | 3 comments My name is Sharon Lucas - I have always loved reading and now I find myself equally engaged in writing and know that my resource guide "Plan It" and short story in "The Ex Chronicles" are just the beginning.

message 2: by Dwon (new)

Dwon Moss | 33 comments I will be purchasing "Plan it" really soon.

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla wynn (cbwynn) | 2 comments Read it, loved it, left a review.

message 4: by Carla (new)

Carla wynn (cbwynn) | 2 comments My name is Carla Wynn. Avid reader, in fact that is how I met my husband. I am currently in two Book Clubs, was in three. I love to bake.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Mitchell (authormichellemitchell) Michelle Mitchell, reader and author of The Plot To Take Over Washington in The Ex Chronicles anthology and the upcoming release Truth Is...
Hello everyone

message 6: by Maurice (new)

Maurice Jr. (goodreadscommauricemgrayjr) | 1 comments Maurice Gray, author of 2 novels (To Whom Much Is Given and All Things Work Together) and contributor to several anthologies, including Blessed Assurance (2003), The Soul Of A Man (2009), Home Again: Stories Of Restored Relationships (2010), Soldiers Of The Cross (2014) and The Soul Of A Man 2: Make Me Wanna Holler (2015). I'm about to release a novella entitled Like A Brother, and my first Brown Girls novel, Female Problems, is scheduled for a September release. I look forward to getting to know everyone, especially my fellow Brown Girls authors.

message 7: by LaChelle (new)

LaChelle Weaver (lachelleweaver) | 4 comments Hello fellow readers and writers! I'm LaChelle Weaver, an avid reader and one of the authors of The Dating Game anthology. My short story in the anthology is We Ain't the Huxtables about a successful attorney, Martika Jordan who is missing her Mr. Right. I'm currently working on a follow up novel to that story tentatively titled, Life Ain't a Sitcom that will focus on the relationship between Martika and her best friend, Shayla after one of them suffers a tragic loss. My debut novel, Sister Surrogate will release this spring also under Brown Girls Books and I'm excited for readers to meet sisters Bridgette, Ivy and Savannah. It's an emotional story surrounding their sisterhood, a baby and filled with a whole lot of family drama. It promises to be an engaging reading experience, something I always aim to do as a writer.

message 8: by Tramaine (new)

Tramaine Green (tramaine_g) | 1 comments Hello! My name is Tramaine Green. I am an author, avid reader, reviewer, and blogger. I have published two novels (Yours Truly and A Love So Deep), and two short stories (Forgive and Forget & Forgive and Forget 2: Love's Anguish). Yours TrulyA Love So Deep

message 9: by Dwon (new)

Dwon Moss | 33 comments Hello. I'm Dwon D. Johnson but I write under Dwon D. Moss. My story is "I WIll Love You So, For Always, in the Anthology, The Ex-Chronicles. I love to read just as much as I love to write.

message 10: by Paulette (new)

Paulette L. Jones (ladyp618) | 3 comments Hi Everyone!!! I'm Author Paulette Jones and Reader LaTrice Jones why the difference? Well I'm found of my middle name and rarely even hear my gov't name.

So a little about me the me I am is the me I was born to be.

It's my thing it's also how I live if I wasn't born to be this person then I wouldn't be here. It's that simple and it makes life so much more fun to live. It even drives my writing and the things I actually develop and released.

My specs are simple really, graduated high school, got my degree, found a job and started figuring out life. The realization that thirty-five was knocking on my door led me to sit down with my laptop and get out all the thoughts running through my head. For years like many others I'm sure I found every reason not to write and now I can't seem to find a reason to stop. I'm a positive mind even when life isn't headed down a positive road anyone that knows me would agree with that. I genuinely love escaping into the world of words.

Lots of times my (Gemini) decides I want to be someone else so that motivates me down a different path which still is who I am supposed to be. I'm living, experiencing, and sharing my many thoughts with the world.

message 11: by Paulette (new)

Paulette L. Jones (ladyp618) | 3 comments So what's everyone doing this summer. I'm trying to grow my first plants or keep them alive I would say. (its a journey)

message 13: by Lita (new)

Lita Ward | 2 comments I just released my third book, "More Than A Conqueror!"

message 14: by Paulette (new)

Paulette L. Jones (ladyp618) | 3 comments Lita wrote: "I just released my third book, "More Than A Conqueror!""
Congratulations!!!

message 15: by KAREN (new)

KAREN Powell (httpswwwgoodreadscomkarenpowell) | 1 comments Hello My name is Karen and happy to join BGB family. I enjoy reading and traveling. My favorite authors are Eric Jerome Dickey, Kimberla Lawson Roby, Victoria Christopher Murray and Reshonda Tate Billingsley.