Looking for Alaska Looking for Alaska question

Books like Looking For Alaska, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, We All Looked Up
Emma Schuman Emma (last edited Mar 03, 2016 04:45PM ) Mar 03, 2016 04:42PM
Hi :) I was wondering if anyone could recommend books with similar styles to Looking For Alaska, Amy & Rogers Epic Detour, or We All Looked Up. What I mean by similar, is that how they have unique factors, like in Looking For Alaska, there's a countdown from the Before to the After. In Amy & Rogers Epic Detour there are little receipts, postcards and playlists between chapters. In We All Looked Up, there is a diagram showing how close the asteroid is from Earth between each chapter. I just really enjoy those kinds of books with their own little things that make the book unique. Or if anyone wants to recommend books that have similar stories even that would be awesome :).

Have you read. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple ?
Its about a mum - Bernadette who is a chronic agoraphobic and goes missing. Its quite fun and at the end of the chapters theirs various emails and letters sent between teachers/parents, sounds like what your looking for, good luck...

You should try reading We Were Liars. It's a mystery, with some contemporary. It's really cool because there are parts that are very different, but you don't notice until after you are done.

Yeah we were liars was pretty good. Great ending

Madi O.S Yes! but I found the ending a little confusing. I think I re-read it 3 or 4 times
Mar 11, 2016 05:38PM