Our Shared Shelf discussion

Chat and Meet for "Country Here" > Meet Up - Frankfurt, Germany

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 6 comments I just wanted to ask if there are people interested in a Meet Up in Frankfurt.

Ich wollte nur kurz fragen, ob es hier Leute gibt, die sich gerne in Frankfurt treffen würden.

message 2: by Laila (new)

Laila id be up for that :)

message 3: by NoraCampi (new)

NoraCampi | 4 comments Me too. :-)

message 4: by Kressel (new)

Kressel Housman | 436 comments I wish I could visit Frankfurt.

message 5: by Julia (new)

Julia | 6 comments That's great :)
What days of the week do you prefer?
And do you know a good place in Frankfurt for the meet up? :)

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire | 3 comments I woul'd love to meet. How about meeting on a Friday afternoon/evening?

message 7: by Myriame (new)

Myriame Tahiri | 1 comments Would love to join you as well!

message 8: by Janice (new)

Janice (janaz28) | 15 comments I'd love to meet up as well, since I don't live in Frankfurt I am not sure if I can make it, but I will try to:)

message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Hallo alle zusammen :-)

Ich komme auch aus der Nähe von Frankfurt und würde mich super gerne über die Bücher mit euch austauschen.

Habt ihr es geschafft euch zu treffen bzw. trefft ihr euch evtl. sogar regelmäßig?

Liebe Grüße

message 10: by Mara (new)

Mara | 1 comments Hi there,

not sure if you guys already had a meet up, but I'd be thrilled to join the Frankfurt group. Would anybody like to meet up for a coffee in November?

Best regards

message 11: by Antonia (new)

Antonia | 1 comments Hi everyone,

did the Frankfurt am Main meet-up take place? Otherwise I would greatly encourage another try:

Who is interested in a semi-regular meet-up in Frankfurt to discuss OSS books as well as other feminism related books?

Would love to get feedback of interested people.

Cheers,
Antonia (Native German but English is no problem)

message 12: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments I would be interested in meeting up in Frankfurt. There is an exhibition about the right to vote for women in Germany right now (in memory of the hundredth anniversary).
 https://historisches-museum-frankfurt...

Maybe we could go there together?! I think its really inspiring. Unfotunately its only open until the 20.01!

message 13: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth | 1 comments I would be interested, too! I live in Gießen, so Frankfurt isn‘t too far away ;-)

message 14: by Eva (new)

Eva | 5 comments I would be very interested too. I live in Darmstadt so I am flexible to when we go.

Would it be possible to go in the afternoon, after work? Since its only two (?) Weekends until the exhibition closes.

message 15: by Siobhán (new)

Siobhán (hoverwombat) | 11 comments I'd be up for a meeting in Cologne or Bonn tbh, but I could check if I could make it to Frankfurt if I know well in advance when the meeting will take place?

message 16: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Cool!
I am free this wednesday, thursday and friday afternoon. How about you guys? What time should we meet? 17 Uhr?
I am studying in Darmstadt, so I would come from there, too :)

message 17: by Eva (new)

Eva | 5 comments how about Thursday afternoon (17:00) in the museum entrance Hall in front of the ticket office.

message 18: by Eva (new)

Eva | 5 comments so I just saw that they close at 18 on Thursdays. so can you make it earlier?

message 19: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Ok I try to get the S3 at 15.35h, so I would be there at 16.20-16.30h. :)

message 20: by Eva (new)

Eva | 5 comments I'll try to take the same SBahn then. :)
is anyone else joining?

message 21: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Ok. Pefect. Do we want to meet at the front or back of the train? I'll wear a black/yellow beanie/hat..

What about the others? Anyone else coming? :)

message 22: by Eva (new)

Eva | 5 comments How about we meet near the smokers area? I'll wear a red hat

message 23: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Ok, sure. See you later :)

message 24: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Chenkova | 1 comments Hi, I just found this thread. Please let me know If you would plan an other meeting - I'll gladly come! I live in Karlsruhe but I go to Frankfurt quite often and it's just one hour by train.

message 25: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Actually Eva and me were thinking that a regular meet up - like a Stammtisch - would be nice. We could talk about the books or just about regional stuff or politics...
We had last week a lot of fun and a great conversation. So if you're interested you can join us :)
I would suggest that we meet by the end of Feb.?!

message 26: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Hello!
Anyone up for a meet up in Darmstadt? Eva and me are on Thursday (07.03) around 5 p.m. in Cafe Mondschein.
You are welcome to join us, if you like to. We would be really excited to see new people for our little, funny meetings. So don't be shy to drop in :)

Where?! Wilhelminenstraße 17A, 64283 Darmstadt, Cafe Fräulein Mondschein
When?! March 7 at 5 p.m.

See you ;)

message 27: by Eva (new)

Eva | 1 comments Hey everyone,

I also live in Frankfurt and would love to meet up at some point. Can‘t do this week in Darmstadt but would love to participate in future meet ups :)

Eva

message 28: by Sönne (new)

Sönne (soenne) | 8 comments Hey guys,
just stumbled upon this thread and would love to take part in a meet up some time. Won't be able to make it tomorrow night, but would love to join you some other time. I'm from Mannheim - so both Darmstadt and FFM are okay for me, a location close to the respective main station would be appreciated. ;) Looking forward to meeting you in person some time!
Sönne

message 29: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Hey guys,
great to hear from you. Finally someone else than just the two of us.
So we are planing to meet up by the begining of april the next time. What do you think would be a good day for you, some preferences?

We are looking forward meeting you :)

Waepke

message 30: by Sönne (new)

Sönne (soenne) | 8 comments For me it really depends on the kind of week I'm having, but I probably would prefer a Thursday. :)

message 31: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments Ok! I would suggest that we keep in mind the first Thursday in April. By the end of march we can talk about if it still fits to everyone?!

message 32: by Sönne (new)

Sönne (soenne) | 8 comments Sounds great. Thank you, Waepke!

message 33: by Waepke (new)

I just wanted to ask if our meet up plan is still working for you all?! :)

message 34: by Sönne (new)

Sönne (soenne) | 8 comments Would really love to, but I'm not sure I can make it next week. :/ Where would the meet up be?

message 35: by Waepke (new)

Waepke | 41 comments We would meet up in Darmstadt. So let us know if you can make it. But if not, I think, we will meet up in may again.. ;)

message 36: by Luise (new)

Luise | 1 comments Hey there!
Just found this feed - when and where are you gonna meet?
I'm from Frankfurt and would love to join you!

message 37: by Waepke (new)

Awesome. We will meet up in Darmstadt in the 4cani near the train station at 6p.m. !

Hauptbahnhof, Am Fürstenbahnhof 3, 64293 Darmstadt

We are looking forward meeting you :)

message 38: by Sönne (new)

Sönne (soenne) | 8 comments Ah, it sucks but I have an important appointment on Thursday, in the late afternoon. I won't be able to make it this time. Can you keep us posted for May? I'd love to join you one time! Thank you!

message 39: by Britt (last edited Apr 29, 2019 03:32AM) (new)

Britt | 4 comments Hi Rhein-Main shelf-sharers! :)
Slightly off-topic here but I've just been spring cleaning my physical bookshelf and thinking about giving away my German copies of Persepolis (Band 1 und 2). Postage & Packing would also be my treat.
Anybody interested?