This topic is about Moon Called
Archives > Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri | 12199 comments Mod
We will be starting tomorrow!

message 2: by Turhan (new)

Turhan Halil I don't have time to read this, but I'm 'really' looking forward to everyone's reviews!

message 3: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

This is actually a re-read for me, and this is one of my favorite series!

Vaughn | 3411 comments WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 15189 comments Mod
It is a re-read for me too. It has been awhile since I read it. How are we reading this... at our own pace or chapters/day?

Vaughn | 3411 comments I would think the same as always, at our own pass. this is a re-read for me and my favorite,=. it will not take me as long as usual. lol

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

That sounds good.

message 8: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I forgot how many characters are introduced in this series. It makes it a little difficult to keep them straight especially when listening to it.

Brand is so arrogant but he is one tough Alpha. Dr. Wallace gave me the creeps. I like Mercy. She is a strong independent woman.

message 9: by Vaughn (last edited May 01, 2014 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaughn | 3411 comments At least it doesn't break up the characters into different chapters or story lines.

I love this book. The opening delves you right into the world with Mack. I like how Adam is introduced before we even meet him. We also meet Tony Ben and Darryl, pretty early on too.

message 10: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I thought Briggs did it smoothly with the introduction of all the characters. I like that the characters are all well developed.

message 11: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

You can feel the tension between Mercy and Adam. Samuel brings his own tension.

message 12: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love Mercy do much. And Adam, too. I love how she eggs him on without even trying...much :)

Who is your favorite wolf? I think mine is Darryl.

message 13: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mercy is the United Nations of the supernatural world. I like Warren. Haven't really met Darryl yet. I like Stefano.

LisaaReads | 8 comments i love books like these! I will definitely have to read it!

Vaughn | 3411 comments My favorite wolf is Warren (so far). i forgot how much this book sets up stories in the later books.

whats up with writers having such long chapters?

Vaughn | 3411 comments dont you love the mystery of Ben?

message 17: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha, I meant Warren :)

message 18: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

You're welcome to join us Lisa!

Vaughn | 3411 comments I'm in chapter 4.

LisaaReads | 8 comments thanks!! i just bought the book!

Vaughn | 3411 comments You're gonna love this Lisa

message 22: by Vaughn (last edited May 01, 2014 02:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaughn | 3411 comments and you dont have to rush through to keep up with anyone is this group. We'll spoiler bracket anything that can ruin it for you.

message 23: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Welcome Lisa!

LisaaReads | 8 comments okay sounds good!! thanks =)

LisaaReads | 8 comments i'm on chapter three and it's pretty good so far! i might be up all night reading this book!

message 26: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay! We have a new member!

message 27: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

One thing I really like about Mercy is that she stays steady over the course of the series. The author doesn't change her to fit the story or circumstances like happens so many times in long series. Mercy has her own set of morals and beliefs and she sticks to them even when it's hard to.

I'm so glad to be re-reading this. It's really interesting seeing the characters again knowing everything that I know about them now. It gives me a whole new perspective on things. I love Samuel. The first time I read this book I was kind of mad at him the whole time for wanting to use Mercy like he did, but after things are revealed I can understand him better, and he is still one of my favorites. I love it later when (view spoiler)

message 28: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I was not too happy with Samuel either but after Bran explains what happened to Samuel I feel some compassion for him. It has to be rough having so many dying because of the change and miscarriages. What's up with the low incidence of female werewolves? I don't know if I would want to be a female werewolf because of the children issue.

message 29: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Whatever it is that causes the Change is a virus, and females don't usually make it through. Trying to Change kills most of them. Most of the men, too, actually, but more men make it through than women.

message 30: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Where would you put this as compared to some of the other books we have buddy read together?
I've been thinking of picking it up, but you give high stars so often :P

message 31: by Sheri, Book Ninja (last edited May 02, 2014 06:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

This is one of my favorite series. Compared to other buddy reads...I like this better than Cat and Bones and Psy-Changeling.

message 32: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) oooh. that's high praise.

We had our final "class" day yesterday. I have conferences for finals week, and then I'm done!!
Well, and a TON of grading. :)
I might have to catch up with you guys.

message 33: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'd love to have you read this with us :) I'm sure we won't be starting book two at least until the end of next week, so that should give you some time to catch up.

message 34: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I like the writing and the well developed characters. It doesn't have all the playful banter that either of those two series above have. It is definitely Urban Fantasy rather than PNR.

message 35: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Where is everyone? I read up to chapter 9 last night.

message 36: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "Whatever it is that causes the Change is a virus, and females don't usually make it through. Trying to Change kills most of them. Most of the men, too, actually, but more men make it through than..."

Only the strong survive.

message 37: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh wrote: "I like the writing and the well developed characters. It doesn't have all the playful banter that either of those two series above have. It is definitely Urban Fantasy rather than PNR."

Yes, not nearly as much romance as the other series.

message 38: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I don't know what chapter but Mercy just met with Signora Marsilia where we learned more about Mercy and her abilities.

message 39: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "This is one of my favorite series. Compared to other buddy reads...I like this better than Cat and Bones and Psy-Changeling."

Since you like this series so much I think you would like the Kate Daniels series. Mercy and Kate are similar.

message 40: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alyssia wrote: "oooh. that's high praise.

We had our final "class" day yesterday. I have conferences for finals week, and then I'm done!!
Well, and a TON of grading. :)
I might have to catch up with you guys."

It would be nice to have you read with us.

message 41: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have some of the Kate Daniels books.

message 42: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I would so be up to reading those together.

Vaughn | 3411 comments Sheri wrote: "One thing I really like about Mercy is that she stays steady over the course of the series. The author doesn't change her to fit the story or circumstances like happens so many times in long serie..."

Mercy is one of the best characters I've read. the only changing she does is to improve herself.

Vaughn | 3411 comments I'm in chapter 10. LOVE this one, I fly through it. this is the third time I've read it, but the first time that I realized how harsh Samuel is at the beginning. I don't remember what I thought the first since its been many years ago when I read it. However, I do realize why he is the way he is.

Vaughn | 3411 comments I've been trying to get to Kate Daniels and would love to read it AFTER I complete Dark Hunters. It is a must that I get DH finished this year. That's my goal and I'm sure Sheri would appreciate that. LOL

message 46: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) I read a novella of Kate Daniels and I enjoyed it. I would be up for that series.

message 47: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaughn wrote: "I've been trying to get to Kate Daniels and would love to read it AFTER I complete Dark Hunters. It is a must that I get DH finished this year. That's my goal and I'm sure Sheri would appreciate ..."

Lol, I want to finish DH this year, too :)

message 48: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alyssia wrote: "I read a novella of Kate Daniels and I enjoyed it. I would be up for that series."

Haha, next series after Dresden Files?

message 49: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I like Mercy's analytical mind. She is always trying to solve the problems.

It looks like Kate Daniels is next then. Love it!

message 50: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "I'd love to have you read this with us :) I'm sure we won't be starting book two at least until the end of next week, so that should give you some time to catch up."

Um, I guess two weeks if we are planning on alternating this with the DH books still.

« previous 1