Our Shared Shelf discussion

Pay it Forward! > Mar—All About Love: New Visions, bell hooks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (missyrs) | 24 comments Hello Everyone,

I've just noticed there are people still struggling to get hold of this months book by Bell Hooks. I've ordered my copy and should have it in a week or so and intend to read it straight away - so if anyone wants to get in there first and ask for it I'll happily pass it on after I'm done. Again as it is paperback I'm happy for it to go overseas.

Enjoy whatever you are reading just now!

Rx

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairescragglepine) | 8 comments I would love to have it. I can't really afford to buy it and my library doesn't have it. I'm in the USA.

message 3: by Rabia (last edited Mar 04, 2016 05:27AM) (new)

Rabia (rabiaali1) | 4 comments Ruth wrote: "Hello Everyone,

I've just noticed there are people still struggling to get hold of this months book by Bell Hooks. I've ordered my copy and should have it in a week or so and intend to read it st..."

I'd love to have it as well, I am in Manchester, UK at the moment and wouldn't mind paying for the postage (can transfer money Via paypal)

I can't afford to buy it either

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie ...kind of like a traveling book society. Maybe everyone should sign it and see how far the book goes!

message 5: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 8 comments That idea sounds good to me! It's annoying how hard this book is to get ahold of! I'm from the UK too

message 6: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (missyrs) | 24 comments Hi Rabia,

That's cool! If you send me a personal message and let me have a postal address you want it sent to (- I live just outside of Stockport btw!) and I'll pop it in the post to you once I've read it!

I've already messaged Kyley with another solution to her getting a copy so it's all goodly!

Rx

message 7: by Carolina (new)

Carolina (cacs) | 1 comments I can't afford this book too, but in my case, I am Brazilian and the dollar here is soooo expensive right now... I think I'll have to pass this mobth.

message 8: by IShita (new)

IShita | 43 comments Oh, I'd love to have it too. I couldn't find a copy in India and the one I did was too expensive.

It's really frustrating because all the book this group's read these 3 months are either unavailable in India or just absurdly expensive to afford. I had to pass on the last two books as well and if I don't get it I shall have to pass it again this month.

message 9: by Katelyn, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Katelyn (katelynrh) | 836 comments Mod
There's another post in this folder where people are offering up copies of The Color Purple so definitely head over there and see if there are any available!

message 10: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 8 comments Rabia would you be up for passing on the book on to me once you've finished? I'll be willing to send it on afterwards if anyone else wants it

message 11: by Rabia (last edited Mar 06, 2016 04:56AM) (new)

Rabia (rabiaali1) | 4 comments Caitlin wrote: "Rabia would you be up for passing on the book on to me once you've finished? I'll be willing to send it on afterwards if anyone else wants it "

Sure, I will add it on to this thread once I have read it and send it out. Would you be willing to pay for postage?

message 12: by Caitlin (last edited Mar 06, 2016 02:31PM) (new)

Caitlin | 8 comments Thanks for the offer Rabia, but I've managed to get the book today :) so I no longer need Ruth's copy

message 13: by Jess (last edited Mar 07, 2016 12:43AM) (new)

Jess Barton | 4 comments Rabia, would you be willing to pass the book on to me when you've finished? I'm also in the UK and willing to pay for postage!

I'll also pass it on afterwards to anyone that can't get hold of it.

message 14: by Rabia (new)

Rabia (rabiaali1) | 4 comments Jess wrote: "Rabia, would you be willing to pass the book on to me when you've finished? I'm also in the UK and willing to pay for postage!

I'll also pass it on afterwards to anyone that can't get hold of it."

Sure, I will message you when I've finished with the book.

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess Barton | 4 comments Rabia wrote: "Jess wrote: "Rabia, would you be willing to pass the book on to me when you've finished? I'm also in the UK and willing to pay for postage!

I'll also pass it on afterwards to anyone that can't get..."

Amazing, thank you!

message 16: by Alexandria (last edited Mar 07, 2016 09:33AM) (new)

Alexandria | 24 comments Ruth wrote: "Hello Everyone,

I've just noticed there are people still struggling to get hold of this months book by Bell Hooks. I've ordered my copy and should have it in a week or so and intend to read it st..."

I have a copy as well and am currently reading it. When I am done I can ship mine out to someone else who needs it. Message me if you are interested!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I am in the US and willing to ship to other countries. :)

message 17: by Eliyannah Amirah (last edited Mar 07, 2016 04:20PM) (new)

Eliyannah Amirah (strawberrybutterfly) | 3 comments Hey everyone,

I have a copy of the book that I will send to someone. I actually just read this book in December so I'm fine to send it now and just use the scribd pdf for reference in book discussions.

I just started a new job after a year of unemployment and since the book is about different types of love, I'll pay for postage to send it to whoever needs it. It's my expression of love to the members of this bookclub.

When you're done, please send it to whoever needs it next. I'll send it to the first person send their address and hope that it travels from there!

Feel free to make notes, write questions, highlight, underline, etc. This is definitely a book that is meant to be lived and lived in.

xo,
Eliyannah Amirah

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I'm in the US and willing to ship to other countries.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 14 comments im also having the worst luck getting hold of this book, I read quite fast so would have it passed on fairly quickly. x

message 19: by Janelle (new)

Janelle | 3 comments Eliyannah Amirah wrote: "Hey everyone,

I have a copy of the book that I will send to someone. I actually just read this book in December so I'm fine to send it now and just use the scribd pdf for reference in book discus..."

Hi Eliyannah,

I am not sure if the book is still available, but I am definitely interested in getting it. I'm new on goodreads and I am not sure how to send you a personal message with my address. My email address is janelleportugal@hotmail.com. If the book is still available, please send me an email.

Thank you,

Janelle

message 20: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiechang) | 1 comments Looks like the library is checked out with waiting lists!

I'd love to borrow this book from someone in the San Francisco Bay Area (I'm South Bay / San Jose). And we could have a short irl discussion when I return it?

thx!

message 21: by Saurabh (new)

Saurabh Hooda (hooda) | 2 comments Book readers who already own a copy of the book can share it on Lenro (https://lenro.co) so that book readers in their neighborhood can borrow the same from them.

PS: Lenro connects neighborhood book readers so that we can all borrow/lend books in our area, for free.

message 22: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria | 24 comments Janelle wrote: "Eliyannah Amirah wrote: "Hey everyone,

I have a copy of the book that I will send to someone. I actually just read this book in December so I'm fine to send it now and just use the scribd pdf for..."

Hi, I also am willing to loan out my copy, if you need it.

message 23: by Janelle (new)

Janelle | 3 comments Alexandria wrote: "Janelle wrote: "Eliyannah Amirah wrote: "Hey everyone,

I have a copy of the book that I will send to someone. I actually just read this book in December so I'm fine to send it now and just use th..."

Alexandria, I would love to borrow the book. That would be great. Where do you live?

message 24: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria | 24 comments Janelle wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "Janelle wrote: "Eliyannah Amirah wrote: "Hey everyone,

I have a copy of the book that I will send to someone. I actually just read this book in December so I'm fine to send it ..."

Hi! I just sent you a direct message so we can talk about details of me sending it to you!

message 25: by FatimaSasha (new)

FatimaSasha Bhutta | 4 comments I need a copy of the book. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to give away? Thank you

message 26: by Niamh (new)

Niamh Ennis | 28 comments Also finsing it hard to get a copy as payday is awhile away. I'm in Ireland if anyone can send it on easily there.

message 27: by Anne (new)

Anne Mey | 3 comments I live in France and it's difficult to find books that are recent and not known here. Color Purple was a treat that was available in the library!
If anyone could send it or share an epub version that'd be nice. Otherwise i'll just have to skip this month.

message 28: by Beatrice Marie (new)

Beatrice Marie (beatricedesperwanadoofr) For continental Europeans, try used copies through amazon.co.uk. It'll take a couple of weeks, but I think it is worth it.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Roberts | 2 comments If anyone in the UK would mind sharing their copy of Bell Hooks, I'd be very happy to pay it forward again after reading.

It seems a shame about the availability, however, I'm hoping it's because the group is raising the awareness of feminism that they're in short supply.

Thanks
Sarah

message 30: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Does anyone in the US have a copy they can send? I'm still looking for a copy. Kindle doesn't have it, and my library doesn't have a copy, so I'm not even on a waiting list.

message 31: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Post (kristenpost) | 15 comments I ordered mine on Amazon and it looks like they still have plenty of copies both new and used. It only took a couple days to get my copy. It is a shame it's not available on Kindle, but it's a good book to have a paper copy of so you can highlight/underline/writing in the margins.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah O | 4 comments Hello! I have a paperback copy of bell hook's book that I'll finish up today. I'd be happy to send it off to anyone still seeking it in the UK or USA.

message 33: by Dianna (new)

Dianna | 5 comments I would love to grab a hold of the book then pass it along when I'm done. Grad school tuition has eaten most of my funds. I'm in the DC area if that helps. Thanks!

message 34: by Amber (new)

Amber | 15 comments I have a copy I'm finished with I can mail on Saturday if anyone is still interested...

message 35: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments Kyley wrote: "I would love to have it. I can't really afford to buy it and my library doesn't have it. I'm in the USA."

I'm a librarian. If your library doesn't have this book, there is a process to request that they purchase it. Please do request it. Some books just somehow escape our radar no matter how we try. You will probably still want to read a borrowed copy, as ordering and processing books takes time. -Karen

message 36: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailifer) I also have finished the book and can ship to anyone that is still searching for a copy.

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy | 13 comments Hello, my copy never arrived off Amazon and I cannot get it on Kindle or at the library/book shop. Would anyone be willing to ship their copy to Vancouver, Canada? I would be willing to pay :)

message 38: by Sue (new)

Sue Rawlings | 10 comments Hi All,

If anyone in London, UK has a copy of this book and would be happy to let me borrow it I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

message 39: by Henriette (new)

Henriette Terkelsen (henrietteterkelsen) I've made arrangements with a user to send her my copy. It seems I can't delete or update my previous post right now.

message 40: by Katelyn, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Katelyn (katelynrh) | 836 comments Mod
Henriette wrote: "I've made arrangements with a user to send her my copy. It seems I can't delete or update my previous post right now."

Are you on the app? You can only delete/edit posts on the desktop version of the website.

message 41: by Kinza (new)

Kinza Ahmed | 3 comments Gail wrote: "I also have finished the book and can ship to anyone that is still searching for a copy."
Hi, it would be great if I could get it! But how will this work?

message 42: by Kat (new)

Kat Murakami (mswonderkat) | 5 comments Hi all, I'm struggling to get ahold of any of the books, so if anyone has a copy they would like to send on, please let me know! It will be VERY much appreciated. :)

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 14 comments I have a copy thanks to eliyannah to donating it to me I would hapily pass on

message 44: by Henriette (last edited Apr 01, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Henriette Terkelsen (henrietteterkelsen) Katelyn - I am. The app is really bad! I can't remove spoilers, I can't quote and I can't delete/alter my posts. But my laptop is dying on me, so my temper is badly challenged when I'm forced to use it. Maybe I should try to use the browserversion from my phone.

Edit: browser on phone is alright. Not fab, but it will suffice.

message 45: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Gail wrote: "I also have finished the book and can ship to anyone that is still searching for a copy."

Do you still have your copy? I'm still looking for this book.

message 46: by nukie19 (new)

nukie19 I'm behind on reading this one (I had to wait for someone to share it with me), but will have it finished shortly. If anyone in the US is still looking, I'm happy to pass it along.

message 47: by David (new)

David Cromarty | 35 comments I have been unable to find a copy of this too, so if anyone would be happy to lend me one I'd be very grateful.

Crom

message 48: by nukie19 (new)

nukie19 David wrote: "I have been unable to find a copy of this too, so if anyone would be happy to lend me one I'd be very grateful.

Crom"

My copy is still available. Shoot me a message if you are in the US and would like me to pass it along.

message 49: by David (new)

David Cromarty | 35 comments Sarah wrote: "David wrote: "I have been unable to find a copy of this too, so if anyone would be happy to lend me one I'd be very grateful.

Crom"

My copy is still available. Shoot me a message if you are in th..."

Afraid I'm in the UK, but thank you for the offer.

Crom

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 14 comments I still have mine to pass on message me, im in essex england

« previous 1