2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > Dawn's 50 Books in 2016!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (librarylass123) | 23 comments Only seven finished, though working on a lot more! Getting set to start new V. F. Schwab--Gathering of Shadows, and can't wait, as I adored Darker Shade of Magic. Working on Jane Smiley's second of three, Early Warning, finishing Outline, by Rachel Cusk, and starting Cat's Cradle, by Kurt Vonnegut, as it was published in the year I was born (different book challenge).

message 2: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4556 comments I'm interested in seeing how you like Cat's Cradle, I recently bought Breakfast of Champions.

Good luck with your challenge!

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (librarylass123) | 23 comments I will let you know--reading a lot over Spring Break next week, and that's on the list!

message 4: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4556 comments Dawn wrote: "I will let you know--reading a lot over Spring Break next week, and that's on the list!"

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I have A Gathering of Shadows on hold at the library! I can't wait.

Good luck with your challenge. :)

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (librarylass123) | 23 comments Working on Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen/Karen Blixen, after finishing Circling the Sun, about Beryl Markham. On to West With the Night, Beryl's own book, next. The descriptions of Kenya are fabulous in both books, and it's really interesting to read books from these two, who were such good friends to each other, even in the midst of their love triangle.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (librarylass123) | 23 comments 1. The Nightingale/Kristen Hannah finished
2. Nora Webster/Colm Toibin finished
3. Some Luck/Jane Smiley finished
4. Early Warning/Jane Smiley finished
5. Circling the Sun/Paula McClain finished
6. Letters From Skye/Jessica Brockmole finished
7. The Color Purple/Alice Walker/OSS finished
8. A Darker Shade of Magic/V. E. Schwab finished

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (librarylass123) | 23 comments 9. Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty
10. How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran (for Our Shared Shelf)
11. The Nest, by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (librarylass123) | 23 comments 12. The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson. Loved this one, though not quite as much as Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. Learned a lot about the state of women and their lives during the first part of the 20th Century. I would not like to have been a woman then, unless I had the courage to be like some of the strong female characters who were able to rebel against the male domination of their time.
13. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. Did this with my TBR Twin, Smriti, and we both adored this book! I highly recommend it!