The Incarnations The Incarnations discussion

Homosexuality

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wendy Cosin I was uncomfortable that every story in The Incarnations included homosexuality because I couldn't figure out why the author did this. I'm gay, so it isn't prejudice on my part. The relationships were rarely mutually loving and always ended badly (an understatement!). Yes, the straight relationships and sex were bad too, but there were many more homosexual relationships.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Greg Wendy wrote: "I was uncomfortable that every story in The Incarnations included homosexuality because I couldn't figure out why the author did this. I'm gay, so it isn't prejudice on my part. The relationships w..."
Wendy, I gave the book a two-star rating. I liked the big, historical set pieces, I thought they were beautifully rendered. But at points, I didn't know who was doing who or what sex/gender they were in the first place. Sometimes a eunuch, then a man or woman, maybe that was the point, that everyone is somewhere along the sexual spectrum (which I truly believe, and very few people are actually, completely at one end or the other.). Maybe the point was that no matter what, there has been sex/gender issues for eternity?