Classics Without All the Class discussion

Book Suggestions > Which book this month?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank (ezl_oo) | 3 comments Hi, I have an Audible credit coming up next week and would like some help and suggestions on which one of these great titles I should listen too? I haven't read any of these books before.

The Martian by Andy Weir The Book Thief by Markus Zusak To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee Dracula by Bram Stoker 11/22/63 by Stephen King

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) For what it’s worth, I would say either To Kill a Mockingbird or Dracula. They’re both classics and so central to the modern American worldview—TKaM for our political culture, D for our popular culture. Dracula is lots of fun in a melodramatic kind of way; To Kill a Mockingbird in a more sentimental way.

message 3: by Jeane, Book-tator (new)

Jeane (pinkbookdragon) | 323 comments Frank wrote: "Hi, I have an Audible credit coming up next week and would like some help and suggestions on which one of these great titles I should listen too? I haven't read any of these books before.

[bookcov..."

Man some seriously great choices! I freakin' LOVED the audio version of The Book Thief sooooo much! But also the Martian. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorite books and if you haven't read it ever than man, it's hard to not say that is a must read (listen ;) ). Are any on the sale they have right now? http://www.audible.com/mt/BH-Sale-201...

message 4: by Triciasteffen (new)

Triciasteffen | 1 comments I haven't listened to the audio version of "The Book Thief" so not sure on its sound quality but the story is a favorite...

message 5: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) Wow, what choices. I haven't heard the audio versions. But my favorite of the choices is The Book Thief followed by The Martian.

message 6: by Frank (new)

Frank (ezl_oo) | 3 comments Thank you all for your help on deciding...I just recently saw the movie The Martian so I think I'm going to give that a listen next.