The Mary Sue Books and More Club discussion

Comics/Graphics Reads > March Graphic Novel Discussion 1 - Nimona Chapters 1 - 6

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Allyn (soyxunxperdedor) This month we'll try dividing the graphic novel in half for discussions. This thread is for chapters 1 through 6, discussions will run through the end of March.

message 2: by KatAtomic (new)

KatAtomic | 2 comments I like any book where I root for the bad guy. Blackheart vs Goldenloin.

If anyone has seen Terry Gilliam's "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen", the two battling factions take turns being the victors in the longstanding war. It reminded me of this in Nimona, how both sides realized the for the hearts and minds of the townspeople there is an orchestrated back and forth. Someone has to play the bad guy, etc.

I hope that makes sense. I'm going on no sleep after working on a paper all night.

message 3: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 51 comments I loved this book though I read it last year. I immediately fell in love with Nimona and Blackheart.

message 4: by Chessa (new)

Chessa (chessakat) | 81 comments I read it last year, too, and also loved it! Just really excellent.

Radclyffe U-Haul | 41 comments I'm just now starting it but I'm loving it so far!