Our Shared Shelf discussion

Pay it Forward! > Feb—The Color Purple, Alice Walker

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (missyrs) | 24 comments Hello All,

Firstly Moderators - if it isn't a good idea to start a new thread - my apologies!!!

I have asked a couple of people if they are still wanting a copy but they have already managed to get it... so I thought if I started a thread for this book independently then if anyone does want it then it can be a first reply gets it type of thing...

Then perhaps this thread can just be deleted or some thing (no clue how this virtual part of the world works!)??

Anyway I'd love to help someone else read this fabulous book!!!!

All good things to you,

Rx

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (missyrs) | 24 comments Kodak wrote: "Hey Ruth!

This is fine, in the right place and whatnot ;)

(FYI, if you want to ever edit or delete posts or your own thread, you have to log onto the desktop site via a laptop or desktop, the fu..."

Hi Kodak,

That is good to know... I'll delete once my lovely wee book finds a new home!

Thanks.

Rx

message 3: by Katelyn, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Katelyn (katelynrh) | 836 comments Mod
Actually, I'd say we can even leave it open in case anyone else comes along either looking for a copy or hoping to pass one on. It might be better to organize this folder with threads for specific books, as the other threads are getting very long.

message 4: by Rabia (new)

Rabia (rabiaali1) | 4 comments Just a tip: Be sure to check your local library! I got the book from my local library

message 5: by Ishita (new)

Ishita | 43 comments Hi Ruth, I've been all over the group trying to get my hand on any book I could get. It's been a real pain trying to find these books in India and I didn't wanna miss out on the group. I'd really appreciate it if you could send me your copy. I'm in india though. So if you're willing, drop me a message and I'll get in touch. Thanks :)

message 6: by FatimaSasha (new)

FatimaSasha Bhutta | 4 comments I need a copy of the color purple. I've been wanting to read this book for a while now. Would anyone be willing to pass on a copy?

message 7: by Noina (new)

Noina (noisynoina) | 27 comments Heyyy is anyone willing to send the book to me ? I live in switzerland...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello I am Bella from Indonesia.
It's really hard to find this book in my library country because the resource for international books is very rare here and I can't afford to buy this book right now, I'd really appreciate it if you could borrow me your book. But I am in Indonesia.

Thank you in advance everyone :)

message 9: by MeerderWörter (new)

MeerderWörter | 2388 comments Ridha Bella wrote: "Hello I am Bella from Indonesia.
It's really hard to find this book in my library country because the resource for international books is very rare here and I can't afford to buy this book right no..."

Ask in the Pay-It-Forward thread for The Color Purple.
Maybe somebody still has a copy...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi MeerderWörter, I am afraid that I can't make a new topic. I am new and really want to read every recommendation book in this group. I am in Indonesia thought, it's really hard to get the book.

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen Finch | 36 comments Hi Ruth

Do you still have the book please? X

message 12: by Ashton (new)

Ashton | 9 comments If anyone still needs this book, I just ordered 25. I found a deal on Amazon for them at $0.94 and ordered all I could. I figured I would give them away! It was too cheap to pass up! I don't have an estimated delivery date for them yet but if someone wants the book and messages me, I can mail a copy to you when I get them! :)

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 194 comments If anyone has a copy to pay forward, I would love to read this one. I'm in the US.

message 14: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 42 comments I have a copy if anyone needs one, message me!