One on One's... And only that! discussion

ONE X ONE > Tabi x Mimi (So awesome there's a 3rd one!)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Mar 03, 2016 07:07AM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments Name: Brandon Kilton
Nickname: Everyone except his publicist calls him "Bran"; his band-mates call him "Bran-man".

Appearance:

Clothing style:
(view spoiler)

Tattoos:
(view spoiler)

Personality: Bran is a very confident, go-getter type, relaxed in his skin that negativity of any type really doesn't faze him. This is seen as arrogance, and in some ways it is, but he is a bit naive in that his personality is comes across that way. He says things as he sees them, regardless of tact in most situations and this means he isn't the public speaker of the band even though it's his talent with electric keyboard, mixing, and vocals that really made the band shoot up in popularity.
He's a bit brash and reckless, bit of a flirt but isn't shallow enough to settle for anything - if he's going to have a relationship, he wants it to have meaning and so just has flings from time to time, never anything serious.
But despite his love for the spotlight, Bran craves freedom at time to time and has kept his past shady enough from even his band-mates that he can disappear from public eye without a trace. He's had people try to understand where he goes or what he does, but it's a constant enigma about him that only serves to up his appeal.

Story: Bran has always wanted to be on the magazines and hear the crowds screaming for him, and he's worked hard to get where he is. He first started out playing classical piano from the ages of 3-12 and then delved into the world of mixing and rock piano, his YouTube mixes instantly catching the eyes of producers and suddenly this nobody kid was an instant star. Most of his history is muddled to the public eye and he prefer to keep it that way, escaping from the spotlight from time to time that adds to the mystery that he is in the rock'n'roll world.
He also took dance from the ages of 5-16 both ballet (he isn't ashamed and always practices his moves), jazz, hip-hop, and dabbled in dubstep.

Miscellaneous: He's a total crowd-winner, knowing what to say to get them revved up and he's got the moves to keep it that way. He isn't afraid to get rockin' on stage, a pro at dancing while still making sure the keyboard is on time. He has a unique flair that draws people in, both wild and crazy and yet rehearsed enough to not seem complete spontaneity (thought most of his things are spur-of-the-moment.)

message 2: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments ((I'm about to finesse my charrie lol))

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments ((Yay!!! xD Can't wait!))

message 4: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Name: Renea Clarson
Nickname: Back in Jamaica, she was called Nea. In America, she's called Lisa. A far cry from her real name, but they claim she looks like a "Lisa".

Birthday: August 10th

Appearance: description
description
description
description

Clothing style:
(view spoiler)

Personality: Renea is a genuinely kind person, regardless of how she tends to carry herself. She has high respect for herself and doesn't really falter under pressure. If anything, she pushes back with just as much strength. She is not swayed by negativity, but she will offer her own paragraph of words to protect her pride. Renea highly enjoys new things, and traveling to new places for the experience. She doesn't really like staying in the same place for too long. Not unless she loves where she is.
Relationship wise, she gives her all. Renea doesn't half-ass anything she does in the relationship, making her the reliable girlfriend who always seem to pull through. She loves with all her heart, and cherishes every waking moment with you. In her eyes, you are her king.

Story: Renea was born and raised in St. Andrew, Jamaica, her parents taking grounds in Jacks Hill. She was raised comfortably in a nice, two story home and was provided with everything she could want or need. Her parents were business owners, making runs between America and other countries and continents. With this said, she was raised by her aunt who lived next door to them while her parents were away.
Renea's aunt exposed her to music, taking her to concerts and classes. Eventually, all of the exposure helped Renea find her inner music, composing for many of the rising artists in Jamaica. Of course, she remained nameless for the sake of keeping her childhood uninterrupted. She attended many music schools to hone her craft and increase her creativity, and the mastery of most string instruments. This also helped her find her voice, a voice she doesn't show.
At the age of 14, Renea's parents took her with them to America, and they have stayed there ever since. Renea attended a music inclined high school, taking up a trumpet to hide, yet exercise her breathing. This also helped her from not singing along with the music she played. Of course, she did not tell her parents she could sing. They would most definitely put her in the spotlight, which she did not want.

Miscellaneous: Till this day, Renea still keeps her voice hidden, only singing when she is alone in her apartment. She has one friend that she contacts from her hometown; Sara. Renea is currently a manager at Christian Louboutin, adding onto the huge account she already has from her parents. However, she doesn't flaunt her money.... much.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments ((Oh my gosh I love her!!! Okay, could you start this time? Maybe have her just hanging around OOOH maybe she is trying to see the tour bus on a dare from someone???))

message 6: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments ((Hehe thank you, hun. And sure, I'll start! But first, what's the name of the band?))

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments ((Oh gosh... um... PM discussion time??? *thinks furiously*))

message 8: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments ((Lmao yeah))

message 9: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea has never been one for mischief. She has always been the good girl in most situations in her life. She follows the law, she listens to instructions, and she is compliant when needed. However, this was something she did not expect to find herself. Where is she, you may ask? Well.... let's just say she's currently sneaking onto a vacant tour bus of her favorite band. What the hell am I doing?

Let's start from the beginning, aka, earlier in the day.

"Lisa, did you know that ToW is currently here in New York?" Cathy; Renea's friend; asked, her eyes shining with mirth. Renea nearly choked on her vanilla latte from the nose, bringing a tissue to her mouth before looking over to Cathy with wide eyes. Slowly, Renea removed the tissue from her mouth before speaking. "Are you serious? Time of Wonder is coming here!?" she silently exclaimed.

Cathy nodded her head happily, clapping her hands together before continuing. "Yep! And their tour bus is parked here in Manhattan!" she squealed, squirming around in her seat. It took Renea a moment to register this new information, taking a slow sip of her latte. ToW? HERE!? Okay okay okay.... Method of action: order tickets, IMMEDIATELY. With that thought in mind, Renea whipped out her phone and began typing, searching the website for available tickets. Unfortunately, there were none left.

"Dammit!" she shouted, causing people to look towards her with annoyance and worry. Cathy looked over to her in question. "There's no more tickets." Renea groaned, flopping back in the seat. It was silent for a moment or two before Cathy spoke. "Who says you need tickets to see them in person?" she asked, her voice holding an air of mischief. Oh gosh...

"No. We're NOT breaking into their tour bus." she said firmly, looking at her as she did so. Cathy pouted and whined. "Why not? It's not like we'll steal anything. We're just gonna see them.... personally." she said, a smirk forming on her lips as she said the last word. Renea sighed and shook her head. "No matter what you say, I'm not doing it." she stated, sitting up and folding her arms. She will not be swayed.

"I'll show your parents a recording of you singing." Renea's eyes snapped open wide. "You didn't." she hissed, glaring Cathy down. Cathy lifted her phone and showed a briefing of Renea doing exactly that; singing. "I did."

And so, we find Renea here, looking around the tour bus that was clearly broken in. She has a strong feeling that she will not be alone for long. As if creating the wound wasn't good enough, Cathy just had to send a text saying, 'Would you be mad if I told you ToW is 10ft away?' I'm going to kill Cathy...

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments Brandon would be a liar if he said he didn't love chaos; hell, he thrived on it. But the secret to being Brandon Kilton, one-liner and break-dancer extraordinaire, was what he liked to call his "dump mode". He took so much in that it had to come out, one way or another.

Sometimes that meant parties: loud, racous parties that made headlines and featured slightly embarrassing pictures of him and his band mates... as well as several rumors that never really went away. Sometimes it meant a few beers and him curling away in the back of the tour bus with paperback mystery thrillers (along with the occasional Sparks and cliche vampire series). And then sometimes it meant those mysterious disappearances he had become famous for.

But for now, still sweaty after the recent Manhattan performance that concluded their NYC run, it meant skipping the exclusive press conference and meet-n-greet and trading crazed, adrenaline-high fans for a quiet bus and an hour or two to himself.

And so Brandon waved his backstage performer pass at guards and made his way through the almost-maze to the back of the building to the gated alley their tour bus had been parked in. When fans were concerned, hiding the bus was a number one priority. He had no thought about that privacy being invaded, so much that out in the crisp night air, Brandon shed his sweaty shirt and draped it over one shoulder, scruffing his hands through his hair and making it stand all up on end before he pulled the bus door open and walked in.

Humming one of the band's latest singles under his breath, Brandon tossed his shirt onto the couch and dug in the fridge for beer. It was only after he had popped the lid and lifted the bottle to his mouth did he see the wide-eyed girl gaping soundlessly at him from the back of the bus.

Brandon coughed and snorted beer, resulting in a completely awkward fumble not to drop the beer as well as make sure he wasn't going to die of asphyxiation brought on by surprise. He coughed like a maniac and finally, long seconds later, he managed enough breath to gasp out, "Who the hell are you?"

message 11: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments No words can describe how Renea was feeling at the very moment. She could say she felt shocked that a shirtless Brandon Kilton came into the bus, looking hotter than usual (no pun intended). Or maybe the fact that he voice sounded so delicious, even though he was only humming. Okay, you can say Renea is a pretty big fan of the band (more like a fan of Brandon), but that doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that she's invading their privacy by being here.

As a nervous habit, she grabbed her lusciously long locks and held them like a teddy bear, effectively covering her mouth as she spoke. "I am soooooo very sorry! I didn't want to be in here, but my friend blackmailed me into doing it, and if I didn't, she would've showed a secret that I have been keeping to my parents. I'm not usually-I'm sorry!" she squealed, covering her face completely in her locks. Her accent gets thicker whenever she's rambling or nervous, and she prays he understood most of what she was saying.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments Brandon cleared his throat one more time, finally clearing the liquid from the wrong tubes, and then raised an eyebrow at her. She obviously was either telling the truth and this wasn't an elaborate ruse to be alone with him (which he found himself leaning toward this) or this was an elaborate ruse and his best bet would be to get his phone and call security. He wasn't proud that he had bouncers on speed-dial, but he couldn't say it wasn't unnecessary.

And Brandon had to admit she was one of the more intriguing type of fans, different enough to stand out, especially with her accent and long hair. She was interesting... no: exotic, reminding him of the fans from the band's world tour last year.

"Blackmail, huh?" he finally said, leaning a hip against the counter. To be completely honest, he was both bored and curious, a combination that always ended up with more scandalous headlines (because the news loved to exaggerate). "If you're willing to tell I'm willing to listen. Plus" - he dropped her a wink - "I'm bored, well that and also interested in hearing how you snuck in here."

This was quite the new fan stunt; no one had been able to get past security backstage often, let alone into their bus. And Brandon was the type where once he got curious about something, he wanted the whole story.

message 13: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Once Renea stopped imagining different ways to murder Cathy, she zoned into what Brandon said to her. Removing her locks from her face, she took a moment to breathe before looking back at him. Was it really that hard to get in the tour bus? Plus, he was bored and wanted to hear her out? Such a turn of events. "It's this method I used that I use to do in Jamaica to get into me father's office. He tends to fall asleep with the door locked" she said, answering how she got in.

"As for the blackmail... me friend has evidence of someting I've been hiding for more than 10 years. A recording of me.... singing." she said softly, looking down to the ground bashfully. This is the first time she even mentioned it to someone who is not close to her, but she at least owed him an explanation as to why she's here. Regardless of her speaking in American English, it is suddenly becoming more hard to not switch to her native tongue. "I don't wan' dem to know. They already have connections, and they will definitely want me in di spotlight." she said softly, twisting a lock in between her fingers.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Okay, what kinda method?" Brandon said, and then chuckled at the type of blackmail held over her. "Is it really that important to you that your parents don't know you sing? I'm pretty sure you have a say in whether you're in a spotlight or not... right?"

He could see she was beyond embarrassed, and a good bit starstruck (him being shirtless probably was a big thing, too) and so he shrugged and pushed away from the counter.

"Eh, don't mind me," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "As long as you don't try and take pictures or tackle me - warning: I will resist - you can hang out with me." He grinned. "Consider it an exclusive. So" - he headed back towards the bus for a fresh shirt, calling over his shoulder - "what did you think of the show?"

Brandon honestly didn't mind the company. Something new like this interested him, like the pages of a story, and he wanted to keep on reading it. He wanted to see how this moment would play out, what twists it held... if there was a happy ending or not. And he couldn't lie and say the cover of this story (or the accented voice) hadn't caught his eye.

message 15: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea felt like her world was moving to fast for her. There were so many questions that needed answers, and she almost didn't know how to answer them clearly, or in an American manner. She needed to sit down. Not wanting to sit on any of the beds, she choose to sit on the carpeted floor; indian style. She made sure to move her hair over her left shoulder before sitting down fully. "To answer your first question, I can't tell you. It's a secret." she said softly, scratching the back of her neck slightly before continuing.

"As for my parents... Jamaican parents have a tendency to blow things out of proportion. With me account being connected to their own, they control what I can take out. So, if they want me in the spotlight and I refuse... no money for me, and I will be forced to live with them again." she answered, looking down at the floor. Now, the answer the last question. "As for the show... the tickets were already sold out. So, I did not see it." she said, finally looking back up to Brandon.

Renea honestly hoped she didn't talk to me, or that he understood what she said. She really does not want to repeat herself.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Wha-? You didn't... oh man." Brandon shook his head. "We pulled out all the stops 'cause this was our last night. You should have broke in before the show; I would have gotten you in. Backstage, too."

That was what you were supposed to do for these dedicated fans: remind them of the rules (oops, he didn't do that) and offer them something exclusive to keep the fanbase alive and growing. Brandon wasn't exactly one who did handouts often, but he always enjoyed the slight freak-out afterwards. Those excited smiles made his day.

"Can't you make your own account?" he called, pulling on a plain black tee and walking back out. He glanced down at her seated position and gestured at the couch she was sitting against. "You can get a little comfy if you want," he said. "I will have to kick you out eventually, but for now, mi casa es tu casa."

message 17: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea immediately shook her head at the thought of breaking into any place, picking herself up and placing herself on the couch before speaking. "I don't like breaking in anywhere. Not that I don't know how to (as I proved earlier), but I don't enjoy doing so." she said softly. She will admit, she probably would have taken the option to break in with that time of offer, but she wouldn't do it freely. However, she's kinda sad that she'll have to leave soon.

"And I can't do that, yet. I have to establish myself before I do that. I need a career." she answered, watching Brandon closely. He was, indeed, more handsome in person. Don't get her wrong, he's very handsome in pictures, but actually seeing him is a totally different experience.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Hmm, you do seem to be in a bit of a quandary then," Brandon admitted, grinning.

He absolutely loved saying quandary; it was one of his favorite words, and while the interviewers laughed politely whenever he used it, he could tell from their flat, forced smile that it was one of the many things about him that baffled the world of mainstream. Because here they had him, a rockstar that was so eccentric they didn't know how to define his eccentricies other than: "Brandon Kilton, keyboardist of Time of Wonder, is one of the undefined personalities of the entertainment world, a fact that is most certainly not encouraged by his managers but most certainly adds to his fan-base appeal."

He looked at the girl and wondered how publicity would define her. They'd love her ethnicity, that was sure; probably sell that for all that they could and then some. He was curious about the fact she dropped that she sang, and he imagined her voice was as smoky as her skin.

Brandon chuckled to himself and shook his head, forgetting he had company for a moment. Smoky as her skin? Maybe it was time to stop reading the teen vampire novels...

message 19: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments For the first time in their meeting, Renea chuckled a little. She found it cute that he loved using that word (yes, she stalks his interviews from time to time), and it was interesting to her. Of course, she did not mention that, deciding to keep that thought to herself. Instead, she watched as he seemed to be lost in thought, tilting her head a little when he chuckled to himself.

What on earth is he thinking about? "Umm... is there an inside joke you'd want to share?" she asked, leaning forward slightly as she did so. For some reason, she felt like his thoughts were focused on her.

message 20: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Mar 10, 2016 07:53AM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments Brandon couldn't help himself: he actually blushed, an uncomfortable kind of heat coming to instant life across his features. He glanced away and rubbed his left forearm, his calloused fingers scraping against the black ink of his clock pyramid tattoo. And even as awkward as he felt (why did he feel awkward, again?) he decided to spill one of his best-kept secrets.

His band mates had eventually stopped teasing him about it (not that it really mattered) and his fanbase would explode if it turned out he read the sorts of books they raved about from time to time, and had actually influenced some of his reading choices. But it was one of the things about him that he preferred stayed out of the media, just one of the things he had control over and no one really knew. The media knew that he read, there were pictures of him with some Pattersons and Lees, but not the extent of his habit.

"I read in between cities on tour," Brandon finally mumbled, adding a shrug. "Mostly thrillers, but sometimes" - he coughed - "I, uh, kinda read those really bad vampire and paranormal books, you know, like Twilight and that kind."

message 21: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea must be going crazy. Did Brandon fucking Kilton blush? She could not believe she was the reason for this, and it took all of her power not to squeal. So, she settled with nibbling on her lips to keep her mouth shut for a few seconds.

She immediately perked up when he began to speak again, but what she heard was something she did not expect from him. He likes to read Twilight books? Why does he seem so nervous to admit that? Staring at him for a few second, she felt a small smile make its way to her lips. "That's adorable, actually. No many guys would admit to that." she said, smiling a little more to show she will not judge him for it.

message 22: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Mar 07, 2016 03:33PM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Heh, small wonder why," Brandon snorted. "Call it adorable if you will, but there are way better vampire books than that. If it can be called a vampire book, anyway. It's less vampire and more teen drama... if you ask me." He snapped his mouth shut after that tiny rant, something he only allowed himself via his anonymous book review account. "But yeah, I like a lot of different books. And there you have it," he said, shrugging again. "My dirty, dirty secret."

It was nowhere near his dirtiest secret - no one knew that, not even his band mates, the guys he was supposed to be the closest to - but it was a mildly dirty one, something the media would eat up. He thought about telling her he really didn't want anyone else knowing, that he'd just given her something bigger than a backstage pass (at least to him, anyway) but she didn't seem like the kind of girl who would go and immediately spill something like this.

"Um, anyway, wow." Brandon let out a large, gusty breath. "You're getting a great exclusive scoop here." He held his hands out, spreading his fingers wide to symbolize a newspaper headline. "Kilton Spills His Secret Love...Teen Novels."

message 23: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea bit back a laugh when he ranted a little about Twilight, completely agreeing with him about it being more of a teen drama than anything. However, she won't cause him to talk about it more than he was comfortable to. Hell, she could be an undercover reporter, for all he knew. She actually felt really good that he would even share that with her. This is something that is not even mentioned in all the articles written about him.

Shaking her head slightly, "I wouldn't do that to you. Hell, I wouldn't do that to myself. Your secret's safe with me. You have enough people in your business, as it is." she said, rolling her eyes slightly at how much paparazzi can invade people's space. "Besides, I don't need fans breathing down my neck and my newfeed." she said with a chuckled, twirling one of her long locks around her fingers.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Oh, dirty secret number two: my Twitter account isn't actually me, but some publicist named Jon." Brandon grinned conspiratorially at her. "And you can go ahead and tell anyone you want about that; it will totally piss him off."

He felt himself warming up towards this girl, despite the circumstances that had brought her here. He knew he was seeing this event through the glasses of apathetic boredom, but who was to know? And as he considered this, accepted her and looked forward to the fact that he could have a decent conversation with someone who wasn't drunk or trying to get in his pants, he realized he didn't even know her name.

"We seemed to have skipped something very, very important," he said, stepping closer and holding his hand out. "Hi, I'm Brandon," he said in a little kid voice, wiggling his eyebrows at her. "What's your name?"

message 25: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea was just laughing aloud at his shenanigans, highly entertains by his comments. She knew he was cool and funny in her interviews, but she did not know it was at this extent. She felt really warm inside at being able to talk exclusively to him. She actually does not regret being blackmailed.

She almost flinched when he walked towards her, her heart picking up the pace when he was close to her. She stared at his hand for a moment before feeling like a complete idiot. She completely forgot to introduce herself.

Renea found it cute that he still told her his name, even though she knew it already. Laughing softly, she took his hand into her own, giving him a firm shake. "Nice to meet you, Brandon. I'm Renea." she said, deciding to play along with it. She liked saying his name, especially in her accent. It made it sound more authentic.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Ooh, Renea," Brandon said, taking her hand and dipping over it into a little, joking bow. "Nice. Hmm," he glanced up, half-squinting in thought... and still holding her hand. "That actually makes me want to write a song titled that, just sayin'. It's got a nice ring to it; nice sound. Renea."

And then he remembered he was holding her hand and she was probably melting into a little puddle of fangirl goo inside (a description used often by band mate Jason), so he smiled at her and then released her hand, tucking both of his into his pockets and flopping down onto the couch. He used the toe of one Converse to pull the other off, and then vice-versa, kicking them across the bus to land against the wall. Wiggling his toes, he said, "Oh man, now I can breathe."

He really didn't know what else to do because usually he was in the bus with his band mates and trying to escape their sometimes rowdy tour spirit (which he did join in and initiate about half of the time) or by himself with no eyes watching him, especially as carefully as the girl was. Sure, he was a good bit famous and all, but still this was his place of zen; the place he could relax.

message 27: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea felt her cheeks warm up significantly, her cheeks turning a light hue of pink. Yes, black girls do blush. When Brandon released her hand, she brought it against her chest, her eyes following his every move. Was he teasing her or something? If he was, she was sure she would die from too much blood in the head.

She giggled softly and shook her head slightly at his actions, finding him to be quite the entertainer on and off stage. It made Renea like him even more, and not because he thinks her name sounds nice. Pulling out her phone, she check the time and noticed it was getting pretty late, if the darkened sky wasn't enough of an indication. How long has she been here? "Um, would you like to be alone now? I am still intruding, if we were to be technical." she said, scratching her cheek slightly.

Renea did not want to override her stay, already having no business being here in the first place. The last thing she need was for the other bandmates to come and discover her here. She's had enough embarrassment in one day.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments ((Oops, well guess what, band mates incoming!!! XD You can play a few if you want haha I'm taking elements of the one I played last time I did this idea because he's so interesting))

"Doesn't matter, you're chill," Brandon said, closing his eyes and then tipping his head back in a large, explosive yawn. "As a matter of fac--"

Noise at the door, and then suddenly it was yanked open and the five other band members piled in one after another. There was guitarist Jason with his bright red, shaggy hair and tight, tight black clothing; Paul the drummer in a big leather jacket and tattoos curling up his neck, running a hand over his short hair; Ben and Jack the twin vocalists, one with long bleached hair in a ponytail, the other cut short but still just as curly; and then Carlos, big and teeth white in his dark face, his guitar looped over one shoulder.

"Yo, Bran-man!" Jason called, walking forward. He got about halfway towards the couch before he saw the girl, standing there in obvious discomfort. He looked between her and the casual Brandon several times before bursting into surprised laughter. "Okay, okay, okay--"

"What the hell?" Carlos rumbled with a chuckle, eyeing the girl. "Did we just stumble across Kilton's big, dark secret?"

Brandon got to his feet, instinctively positioning himself where he could step between his bandmates the girl at the slightest instant if necessary. Well, this was already a situation ready to explode, what with his band mates high (probably literal in Jason's case) from post-show buzz and with a gorgeous, mysterious girl in the tour bus.

"Chill out," he said, keeping his voice measured. "She's with me, and that means" - he pointed at Jason - "no messing around, got it?"

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments ((Putting this in with pictures of the band members btw))

(view spoiler)

message 30: by Mimi (last edited Mar 07, 2016 04:54PM) (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments ((Sure, I do so when need be lol I'll take Ben, Jack, and Paul :3))

"Cyammooon, Bran-man! We won't harm the girl." Paul drawled, taking a few steps toward Renea. She was very pretty, not to mention exotic-looking. He likes exotic women. As if sensing Paul's thoughts, Jack immediately placed him into a chokehold. This caused Ben to laugh obnoxiously, slapping his knee as he did so.

"As if we'll let you anywhere near her? We know she's your type!" Ben rasped out, his voice hoarse from the concert. Jack laughed out loud when Paul growled and grabbed the back of his hair, causing a non-serious fight to break out. Of course, Ben joined in with playful banter, still riding off the adrenaline.

To say Renea was nervous would be an understatement. She mentally cried a thank you to Brandon for defending her, for she did not really know how to deal with rowdy guys. She knew she should have left earlier, but that was too late of a thought now. She knew the band was full with huge personalities, but not to this extent. She didn't know if she should feel starstruck or scared.

message 31: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments ((Jesus, they're hot!))

message 32: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Mar 10, 2016 10:42AM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments ((But of course; they're a band! xD))

"Really guys?" Brandon said, stepping forward into the fray. He pushed between the rough-housing twins and Paul (a normal occurrence) and raised an eyebrow. "It's a long story, but she's staying here a bit longer, all right?"

"Been a long time since you've had "someone staying here"," Jason smirked, putting air-quotes around the last three words. He glanced over at the girl and extended his hand with a dashing, cocky smile. "Hey, I'm Jason and I'm always available."

"He ain't lyin'," Carlos agreed, coming as instant wing-man backup. "Jason is available for anyone if you know what I mean."

"Uh, it's not a secret that I'm bi," Jason shot back, friendly raising a middle finger Carlos' way before turning back to the girl. "But you're chill with that, right? You look like a chill type of gir-- Hey, Bran, all right, all right! I was just messing around, leggo-ack!"

Jason's sentence was abruptly cut off when Brandon noticed him flirting it up with an almost cowering Renea, and he walked over and hauled Jason away by the back of his shirt. Jason flailed as the collar of his shirt drew tight around his neck, twisting and turning in his attempts to get at Brandon, who only laughed and flung him back onto the couch.

"C'mon," Brandon said, reaching for Renea's hand and jerking his chin in the direction of the back of the bus. "I promise this is a rescue mission only, no darker intents to compromise your virtue."

And with that, he led her quickly into the back room of the bus and shut and locked the sliding door, ignoring the catcalls of the bandmates as he turned towards Renea and let out a long breath.

"Well that could have gone better," he said.

message 33: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea almost wanted to say no to being pulled in the back, but rethought it when she played over what just went down in less than five minutes. She regrets what would've happened if it had been longer. She would be lying if she said she didn't expected, but she didn't think it would happen to fast. Shaking the thoughts out of her head, she zoned into what Brandon said to her.

"Yeah. Nice to know they think we're fucking." she stated bluntly, chuckling and shaking her head. She didn't reject the idea, if she was to be honest with herself. However, that would be a classic fangirl thing to want. She's not like the rest of them. Hell, she was able to converse with the Brandon Kilton.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Uh, I've never brought a girl back here for that," Brandon said, folding his arms. "Ever. I'm a classic hotel room kind of guy... like, the three times I've bothered about it." He shrugged, completely at ease discussing his "times he remembered girls existed" moments, as Jason would so poetically put them. "So, no. No, there's no assumptions going on behind that door."

He cocked his head at Renea, with a "what now?" expression. Honestly, things had never been this out of hand with his bandmates and a girl; or that a girl had ever caught his interest this much. It wasn't so much that she was gorgeous (he wasn't blind), but that she was so easy to talk to. He found himself so much at ease with her, his mind wandered down imagination trail and he though, She seems like the kind of girl I could talk to about anything.

The kind of girl that wouldn't run away or go straight to the press if she found out the truth about those media-dark parts of his life.

message 35: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea chuckled softly and shook her head, leaning back against the nearest wall. She could not figure out how she was not fangirling up a storm, or how she was so calm about everything that has happened. Any girl in her predicament would cream themselves of excitement and being in the same place as ToW.

Looking back up at Brandon, she saw his expecting look. What does he want? Guessing she had to start the conversation this time, she opened her mouth to do so. "Well... I guess I should wait until the guys settle down before making an attempt to leave." she said softly, hearing the ruckus from where they are. They sure have a lot of energy after performing a long concert...

message 36: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Mar 17, 2016 10:00AM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Or we could always attempt a dramatic, tight escape via either the exit window" - Brandon gestured at the back wall of the bus towards said window - "or through the ventilation window, which" - he shrugged - "speaking from personal experience, is the harder feat."

There was an exceptionally loud burst of laughter from outside the door, and the bus shook several times. Brandon's guesses included hilarious YouTube clips, Jason making everyone read one of the bands fanfics and getting tackled as a result (as no one voluntarily admitted they read those from time to time, even if they were very well-written and clever), or reenactment of some part of the press part of the night he'd missed.

"That is if you really can't stand being in the same room with me anymore and need to get the hell away," he continued. "I'd completely understand. But if you also want to get out of here and grab a coffee, I'm down for that, too."

message 37: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea was silently still trying to process what had just happened in a span of 1 hour. Most people in her position would be jumping for joy and screaming their heads off. In her case, she honestly did not know what to do anymore for this situation. She looked at Brandon for a few seconds before shaking her head, jolting her locs around light before responding. "Honestly... I don't know how to react to everything, right now. It's just-" She paused, looking up at the ceiling before continuing. "Things like this don't happen to the average person." she said softly, subconsciously playing with one of her locs.

She would be lying if she said she did not want to thank Cathy for getting her into this situation. However, this was not the way she wanted to meet the band: randomly popping up in their tour bus without ANY report or consent. This made her look like a creeper, and that was the last thing she wanted to seem like in the eyes of her most loved band member. With this thought in mind, her face slowly morphed into a scowl/pout. To say the lease, it was cutely scary.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Just pretend you're in a movie," Brandon said with a shrug. "That's what gets me through surreal moments, 'cause it's always easier to pretend everything is pretend . . . hey? So, in movies they always have something witty to say and awkward moments are always scripted. We're past the awkward moment" - he paused - "well, at least I think we are. And now a charming adventure lies just outside a tight escape via bus window."

He was rambling because he knew if he said what he really wanted to, that he didn't want her to leave just yet and he really, really wanted a cup of coffee with her like he was just a normal person whose face hadn't been on a gazillion international magazines. He would be lying if he said he didn't like her - but it was a like in the simplest sense of the word; he didn't fall instantaneously . . . and Brandon would sometimes wonder if he'd fallen for someone ever. He only sang about love, he really didn't know how to live it.

message 39: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Snapping out of her little pouting session, she looked up at Brandon when he began to speak. She found it cute that he was rambling; hell, she finds him cute, regardless. She felt her lips pull into a soft smile, her eyes lighting up in the slightest at the hinted escape route. Looking over towards the window, she wondered if she would be able to slip through without her hair getting caught in anything.

However, her thoughts were cut short when she felt a slight jolt from the obvious shenanigans going on in the front part of the bus. Looking back at Brandon, she gave him a simple shrug before heading over to the window. "Since you put it that way, we might as well." she said while opening the window. Renea was glad she decided to wear black leggings, classic hightop converses, and a loose cropped t-shirt. It made moving easy for her. The only problem was the landing.

Looking out the window, she saw how far she had to jump down. Sure, she was pretty athletic, but that did not push aside her small fear for heights. Cursing to herself, she looked back at Brandon with a shy. "Can you... can you go first and like... catch me?" she asked softly, her eyes flickering towards the window and back to him. I can't believe I'm asking Brandon-FUCKING-Kilton this....

message 40: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Jun 03, 2016 08:04AM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments "Awwww, does your pretend movie have a Rapunzel-eqsue moment in it?" Brandon said, moving past her and opening the window, having to grunt just a little to make sure it opened all the way; damn thing kept getting stuck. That might have been due to a superglue escapade a few months ago, now that he thought of it . . .

He was standing closer than he realized to her when he realized that he was standing so close. Of course they were standing in the narrow space between the bed and the back bus wall, which wasn't very roomy. To ease the tension, and since her hair fit almost perfectly into a Rapunzel metaphor, he gently tugged the end of one of her locks.

"You definitely fit the look," he commented, and then quite ungracefully began the process of climbing out the window.

It involved curses, a slightly scraped stomach, and a shaky-yet-upright landing on the parking lot ground eight feet below. Tugging his shirt that had rigged up during the wriggling out, Brandon turned around and held his arms wide with a stupid grin.

"Ready and waiting, milady," he drawled in a thick Cockney accent.

He was having too much fun hanging with this girl, and it was making him giddy-stupid-ridiculous. Like he was high on conversation, if such a thing was possible.

message 41: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea felt Brandon touch her hair, her scalp jolting slightly from the foreign touch. It made her blush once again. Shaking her head, she watch him clamber out the window, biting her bottom lip to keep from snickering. Although, her mind was will on the hidden compliment he had gave her hair. "I wouldn't say that..." she said, her voice filled with mirth. The adventure haven't even started, and she was already excited.

Taking a deep breath, she lifted her left leg and hooked it on the bottom part of the window. Using the little bit of leverage she had, she propelled herself up slightly with her right leg and grabbing onto the top part of the window. Unlike Brandon, she was able to slip herself out of the window, resulting in her hanging out of it instead. With her being only 5'4", the eight-foot fall was pretty great.

Gently, she released her grip and allowed herself to fall into his arms. She could just cry.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments Brandon stumbled a little under the sudden weight of Renea - not that she wasn't heavy, it was just that he'd never really caught anyone like this before. Ever, in fact. Remembering that to her he was paramount to an idol, he didn't let his arms linger around her . . . much.

"Well then," he said, ruffling both hands through his hair. "Where next? I assume you know this town better than I do."

message 43: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea had to mentally smack herself back into reality. It's hard to do so when you can finally check off a celebrity bucket list. Looking around, she noticed the sky had darkened significantly. She silently wondered if Cathy was still waiting for her or had went home. She would not believe what was happening, now. "I mean... we could always head to a bar. Manhattan has a shit load of them." she said, giving him a sweet smile. Call her sneaky, but she really wanted to know what Brandon was like, drunk.

She really hoped they would be able to drink in peace.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments Brandon's nose wrinkled before he caught himself and smoothed it away. A bar . . . really? Well, he should have figured. After all, fantasies only went so far before they inevitably crashed and died in a fiery inferno. He was wishing she'd been the coffee house type of person as those kind of places were less prone to carry the sort of people to draw much attention if they recognized his face . . . and Brandon would much rather have a good cup of coffee over a beer.

"We could," he said diplomatically, steeling himself. It wasn't that he refused to go to a bar, it was that he hadn't thought he didn't want to go until she'd brought it up. A grin lifted one corner of his mouth. "If it's karaoke night, I think I'm a fair hand at some Time of Wonder songs . . ."

message 45: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea felt herself smile a bit, flipping some of her dread overs her shoulders before responding. "Why else did you think I wanted to go for drinks? It's Karaoke Night for some of them." she said, her voice filling with more excitement as she continued.

With that, she turned around and started making her way towards the city.

message 46: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments ((Yes, you shall))

message 47: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Apr 06, 2017 12:17PM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) | 1064 comments They went to a small place titled "The Dive" but locally known as Jim's in honor of the owner, a tall, hulking man with an unexpected warmth to his smile and demeanor. Brandon had been here a few times before when ToW had toured NYC, and while it was still technically a bar, it wasn't a large, densely-packed place and the patrons were typically of the sort outside his fanbase. This did mean they were a few years older at the youngest, but it was still a nice, welcoming crowd.

Pushing open the door whose motion-sensor alert let out a loud wolf-whistle, Brandon grinned at Renea. There was a rather modern karaoke machine at the far end of the dimly-lit building, next to a small stage which currently had a middle-aged women belting out the final chorus to Living on a Prayer and in a good way, too. The majority of those gathered in the room (about 100, maybe) were focused on her, so the two of them slipped in rather unnoticed and took up a spot on the empty end of the packed bar.

"Tonight is on me," Brandon said, nodding at the chalkboard menu above the bar. "Go crazy."

message 48: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments Renea was still trying to calm down her inner fangirl; she was losing her mind at the thought of being at The Dive with her major band crush. Who would've thought she would be here with Brandon Kilton from a mere dare? Looking around, she took in the scenery of the karaoke bar. She felt her heart race more, feeling the excitement to perform a bit with alcohol in her system. That seems to be the only time she can share her gift without having a mental panic attack.

The sound of clapping and Brandon's voice brought her out of her little mental convention, causing her to turn her head towards him to show he had her attention.

"Huh? Oh, you don't have to. I can take care of myself." she said, slightly shaking her head at the idea. He maybe a practical millionaire, but that doesn't mean she will use it to her advantage.

message 49: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments .

message 50: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Luna (Akia-chan) | 300 comments ((Oh okay; I understand))

« previous 1