What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Bloody Jack (Bloody Jack, #1)
This topic is about Bloody Jack
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/MG lead character, a young girl. She runs away, joining a ship that could have been pirate or naval. She disguises herself as a boy to keep herself safe. Creepy sailor molests her. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new) - added it

Peter Green (lyrasoxford) | 26 comments Hi there!

Let's get to the point shall we?

I read this book in about 2004, though it might have been a little earlier or later. I was quite young, but I think it was intended for maturer readers, though I can't remember the exact age group.

I'm pretty sure the cover featured a black hand print with a red background, though it may not be exactly that.

It could have featured the word 'Jack' in the title, and perhaps the word Red. Something like 'Red Handed Jack' maybe.

The story was something like: something bad happened to the lead character, a young girl. She runs away, joining a ship that could have been pirate or naval. She disguises herself as a boy to keep herself save. She proves to be pretty proficient in sailing etc. During the novel there's a creepy fellow sailor who makes uncouth comments towards her. During the peak of the novel, he puts a hand down her pants and discovers her secret. She kills him with her dagger, but her secret comes out to the captain anyway I think. She returns to mainland, and she's reinstated back at home, and found to be innocent of murder since it was self defence.

It's set in the past, and she calls herself Jack. She was under sixteen I think. I think there was a little love interest, but it wasn't a main feature. The genre was historical and adventure. It was a physical book, a paperback.

Liralen | 709 comments Seconding Bloody Jack.

message 4: by Peter (new) - added it

Peter Green (lyrasoxford) | 26 comments You guys are amazing, that's it, thank you so much!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bloody Jack (other topics)