Coffee & Books discussion

Discussion Archives > March 2016: Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2992 comments Mod
Discussion starts now!

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 1204 comments So, does everyone have the glow-in-the-dark cover? Have to admit that I was always putting the book under a bright light in the early evenings, and then loved how it "glowed" on my nightstand when I turned off the lights for bed.

message 3: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2992 comments Mod
Book Concierge wrote: "So, does everyone have the glow-in-the-dark cover? Have to admit that I was always putting the book under a bright light in the early evenings, and then loved how it "glowed" on my nightstand when ..."

I have the audio book! I may have to go buy this one just for that!

message 4: by Caecilia (new)

Caecilia Saori -- hello! // I have recently finished reading "Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore" and found it a light, fun read.

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (littlebunnylibrary) | 53 comments I read this a while ago and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It's a good fun read!

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 28 comments I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a fairly original idea (if not, it was unlike anything I had read before).
I did find it a bit confused in-parts, and the big reveal was a bit of a let down but I thought the epilogue saved it.