Titles on Tap discussion

Recommendations! Got one? Need one?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Tigue (ktigue) | 2 comments Mod
Have a great book to rave about? Need a great book to read? Post all of your recommendation needs here!

message 2: by Carys (new)

Carys | 1 comments Hi - I forgot to write down the mystery series that you recommended as an audio book at the last meeting. Thanks.

message 3: by J.E. (new)

J.E. Klimov | 1 comments I like to recommend indie/small press books to not only support local authors but also introduce fresh reads. I'm new to the group. Are there particular genres this group is interested in?

Historical Fiction: "The Only Gold" by Ethan Luke

Fantasy/Sci-Fi: "Augment" by Heather Hayden, "Where Carpets Fly" by Elise Edmonds.

Anthologies: Anything from the Just-Us League. They have three volumes out: Fairy tale retellings, superheroes, horror. I think I have one of these books attached to my profile.

Those are some. I do have my own novel, but I'm not here to self promote. Just share. :) But feel free to check my profile if I've piqued your interest.

message 4: by Melly (new)

Melly | 1 comments I haven't heard of the just us league but they had me at the pun! I am also a sucker for fairytale retellings. my favorites are
ella enchanted (cinderella but with a curse)
the lunar chronicles (cinderella, little red riding hood, repunzel, and snow white in a futuristic sci fi retelling)
i also read repunzels revenge which is a comic book vigilante version of repunzel that was surprisingly good.