Reading with Style discussion

RwS Spring 2016 > 10.10 Group Reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11728 comments Angle of Repose is one of my all time favorite books!

message 3: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 1294 comments I loved 11/22/63, Tien. Although it's written by Stephen King, it's not horror. It's a combination of time travel/fantasy and historical fiction.

message 4: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2385 comments I loved it too, Connie! So much!
I want to watch the Hulu adaptation but Hulu is not available in Australia, I'm devastated! The trailer looks really good!

message 5: by Connie (last edited Mar 02, 2016 07:13PM) (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 1294 comments Tien wrote: "I loved it too, Connie! So much!
I want to watch the Hulu adaptation but Hulu is not available in Australia, I'm devastated! The trailer looks really good!"

I didn't know they made it into a movie. I wonder if they included actual footage of the assassination, or had actors portray the Kennedys. That's one day in history that I will never forget.

message 6: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2385 comments It's a serial, Connie, 8 parts with James Franco (!)

awesome trailer

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 1294 comments Tien wrote: "It's a serial, Connie, 8 parts with James Franco (!)

awesome trailer"

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

message 8: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2313 comments I'm excited that I actually own 3 of the group reads books this session! This has never happened before, and normally I can't complete 10.10 - maybe this is the season!

message 9: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4190 comments Has anyone noticed that the majority of books are Jumbo reads?

message 10: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 2277 comments Yes, I noticed that too.

message 11: by Rebekah (last edited Mar 26, 2016 08:32AM) (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4190 comments They all look interesting to me. Every challenge I pick at least three I want to read, but end up feeling accomplished if I read two. I try to fit them into other challenges. Don't know if I'll be able to fit all the jumbos in but four of them have been on my wish list for a good while. Two of them , not jumbos though, I've already read and enjoyed. Our members make really good choices and I always look forward to seeing what has been picked more than which poll won. Thanks to the fellow members I've discovered new genres and new favorite authors. Thanks, amigos!

message 12: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4190 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Angle of Repose is one of my all time favorite books!"

Good book. So too The Heart is a Lonely Hunter