Reading with Style discussion

31 views
RwS Spring 2016 > 10.7 4 Letter Names (Rosemary's Task)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 5911 comments 10.7 Rosemary's Task: 4 Letter Names

Read a book by an author who uses at least one four letter name for their publications, eg Lisa Genova, Bret Easton Ellis, Roald Dahl, Victor Hugo.

Please ask any questions about this task here.


message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth Robinson (bethrobinson) | 1099 comments How about Charles de Lint or Ursula Le Guin?


message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2307 comments Another "to be clear" question: this means the name they publish under, if different from their birth name (eg. Dick rather than Richard).


Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11719 comments Valerie wrote: "Another "to be clear" question: this means the name they publish under, if different from their birth name (eg. Dick rather than Richard)."

All author tasks refer to published name.


Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11719 comments Beth wrote: "How about Charles de Lint or Ursula Le Guin?"

No, these will not qualify for this task. The names are Le Guin and de Lint. This season, if the surname qualifies for Cervantes, it probably will not qualify for this task, but feel free to ask in any case. We'll be as consistent as we possibly can.


message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Robinson (bethrobinson) | 1099 comments That makes sense. Thanks.


message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Now I have to go through all my selected books for the combos - perhaps I should have put the names as well as titles on my spreadsheet.


message 8: by Kazen (new)

Kazen | 619 comments How would a hyphen figure? I'm looking at Ki-ho Lee.


message 9: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 5911 comments Kazen wrote: "How would a hyphen figure? I'm looking at Ki-ho Lee."

We'll take it.


message 10: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4418 comments I'd just like to double check ----- middle names count?

James Alan McPherson


message 11: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 5911 comments Karen Michele wrote: "I'd just like to double check ----- middle names count?

James Alan McPherson"


Yes they do


Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11719 comments Amanda wrote: "Now I have to go through all my selected books for the combos - perhaps I should have put the names as well as titles on my spreadsheet."

My spreadsheet entries look like this:

Out of Africa, Karen Blixen (d. 1962), pub 1937, 399 pgs


message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Now I have to go through all my selected books for the combos - perhaps I should have put the names as well as titles on my spreadsheet."

My spreadsheet entries look like this:

Out..."


Yes, I have been thinking the last few days mine needs more information, but I hate having to go over multiple pages for information. I might need a second page with the details, rather than put it on the chart with all the points on it.


back to top