Listen Along Audiobook Club discussion

April > April Nominations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess, LAAC Founder (new)

Jess the Audiobookworm (theaudiobookworm) | 43 comments Mod
This is where you can nominate audiobooks for the April selection polls. If someone nominates something that you have already read/heard, politely reply saying so. I'm trying not to make anyone repeat (unless you don't mind). If someone makes an audiobook nomination that you agree with, you can reply by saying "second" or "bump" or something to that effect to voice your support. If we get a ton of nominations, those with the most support will be given greater consideration.

Don't forget, you can also nominate audiobooks from previous polls that were not chosen!

➜The April listen along will start on April 1, so all nominations need to be submitted here by the time I create the April polls on March 20th (they will open the next day).

message 2: by Dana (new)

Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books) (danaandthebooks) Would love to read An Ember in the Ashes!

message 3: by Jess, LAAC Founder (new)

It's super good!

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books) (danaandthebooks) Aahh didn't know you've read it already! Good to hear that it's good :)

message 5: by Jess, LAAC Founder (new)

Yeah, but I'm still counting your nom!

message 6: by Jess, LAAC Founder (new)

LOVE that idea! I've actually had that audiobook for a while now, but it seemed like too much of a beast to take on by myself.

Throw some more suggestions out there and I can make a poll to select a series. Has anyone read Mistborn? I'd also like to get into the New Adult genre, as I fear I might be aging out of Young Adult :/

message 7: by Dana (new)

Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books) (danaandthebooks) I like the Dark Tower idea too!

I also *just* bought the first Mistborn book, so if that gets selected I'll cheat and read it instead of listening to it :P

message 8: by Jess, LAAC Founder (new)

I don't know if these fall into you're suggested categories, but here are some from my TBR that I have yet to start.
•Falling Kingdoms
•Penryn & the End of Days
•The Demon King
•Outlander
•The Bone Season
•The Winner's Curse
I'm getting further and further from what you suggested, so I'll stop. And I'm not even positive that I know what New Adult is, so I won't make any suggestions there.