Play Book Tag discussion

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
This topic is about Anna and the French Kiss
Archive: Other Books > Anna and the French Kiss / Stephanie Perkins - 3***

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6004 comments Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
3***

From the book jacket: Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and ac rush on the verge of becoming more. So she’s less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris – until she meets Etienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Etienne has it all ... including a serious girlfriend. But in the city of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with the long-awaited French kiss?

My reactions
This was a pretty entertaining high-school romance, set in Paris. I’m way past the teen angst stage, but I was rather charmed by Anna and this teen drama. I did get pretty tired of Anna’s constantly putting herself down. I know that is a stage most young women go through (been there, done that), but I don’t like reading it so much. One or two references would have been enough. It was a fast read with characters right out of central casting, but it held my attention. I can certainly see the appeal for the YA crowd at which it is aimed.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1365 comments I love this book. It's one of my favorites and I'm almost 38, lol. I guess I just enjoy the YA stuff.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6004 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "I love this book. It's one of my favorites and I'm almost 38, lol. I guess I just enjoy the YA stuff."

Well I've got nearly 30 years on you, Jenni ... and I still enjoy YA....

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1365 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Jenni Elyse wrote: "I love this book. It's one of my favorites and I'm almost 38, lol. I guess I just enjoy the YA stuff."

Well I've got nearly 30 years on you, Jenni ... and I still enjoy YA...."

I'm glad to hear it. I think YA can be for everyone. But, like you said in your review, some of the YA tropes can get tiring. But, I'll keep reading it. Ha! ;)