What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Before I Fall
This topic is about Before I Fall
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl dies seven times and has to re-do her past every time? [s]

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sophie (BlameChocolate) *on hiatus* (blamechocolate) | 94 comments It's YA I think, and like the title says, she dies seven time and each time she goes back in time to re-do her past and try to make it right, but fails and dies again and goes back again. Any ideas?

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments It's not YA but you may be thinking of Life After Life

message 4: by Booksdingle (new)

Booksdingle | 20 comments sounds like Life after Life by Kate Atkinson

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
If the story is set during World War 2 in Britain and Germany, then Life After Life sounds promising.

Before I Fall is a contemporary YA story where, according to the blurb, the heroine "lives the last day of her life seven times".

message 6: by Gerd (last edited Mar 04, 2016 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gerd | 223 comments Maybe Cat Patrick's book: Revived

Upon second thought, right Oliver's book takes place over the course of a "week".

Steph (loves water) | 109 comments This James Patterson novel? You've Been Warned

Sophie (BlameChocolate) *on hiatus* (blamechocolate) | 94 comments After going through all of the suggestions, I think it's "Before I Fall". But I can't be sure... The others don't sound like what I remember at all, though.

Thank you to everyone who pitched in so far and tried to help me find the book, you guys are awesome :)

message 9: by Kris (new)

Here's a plot summary of Before I Fall that might help - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_...

Alissa (gizmo_lilo) | 149 comments I second (third? fourth?) Before I Fall.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Should we wait until you get ahold of the book before calling this Solved? Sounds like you still have doubts.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments @Lobstergirl; OP ( @Laie ) can put this in the Possibly Solved folder, until they get a chance to look at it - if they're willing to go with the general consensus. They can move it back to the Unsolved folder at any time - preferably after they've taken a look at the book in question.

message 13: by Ben (new)

Ben (browly) | 24 comments Is it fantasy? There's Heir Apparent, where she is trapped in a fantasy video game and has to keep starting over each time she dies. What genre?

message 14: by Kris (new)

Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde for Browly's suggestion.

Sophie (BlameChocolate) *on hiatus* (blamechocolate) | 94 comments Justanotherbiblophile wrote: "@Lobstergirl; OP ( @Laie ) can put this in the Possibly Solved folder, until they get a chance to look at it - if they're willing to go with the general consensus. They can move it back to the Unso..."

Lobstergirl wrote: "Should we wait until you get ahold of the book before calling this Solved? Sounds like you still have doubts."

I wouldn't mind to have it moved to the "Possibly Solved" folder, it makes sense. I can't say for sure it's Before I Fall, because I remember a different cover with a black-haired girl/character on it... Maybe it's a different edition (I checked and the only thing remotely similar is a czech cover, so it could be it).

I hadn't read this book before, I only read the description and thought it was interesting. But eventually I forgot about it until recently when it popped up in my mind again.

So yeah, please feel free to move it to the appropriate folder - I truly appreciate the continuing effort to help me find this book :)

Browly wrote: "Is it fantasy? There's Heir Apparent, where she is trapped in a fantasy video game and has to keep starting over each time she dies. What genre?"

It's definitely not a video game. I would say maybe contemporary paranormal.

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Did you get any more clarity, Sophie?

Sophie (BlameChocolate) *on hiatus* (blamechocolate) | 94 comments Hi! Yes, it was Before I Fall. Thank you for all your help 😊❤️