Our Shared Shelf - NYC discussion

Meet-Ups > bell hooks

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kressel (new)

Kressel Housman | 19 comments Bell Hooks, the author of the March pick, teaches at the New School. Perhaps our next meet-up can include her?

message 2: by Kenia (new)

Kenia | 12 comments Mod
It's never too early Amanda! And this sounds like a great idea. Hopefully if Emma does another interview Gloria Steinem style, it'll be here in NYC and we can all go.

message 3: by Kressel (new)

Kressel Housman | 19 comments I can't attend any Saturday meet-ups. I'm a strict Sabbath observer.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie How does Sunday April 3rd at 2:00 PM sound for everyone?

message 5: by Kenia (new)

Kenia | 12 comments Mod
That works for me. Shall we put it up as an event and see how everyone responds to it?

message 6: by Kressel (new)

Kressel Housman | 19 comments The truth is, as we get closer to Passover, it gets harder for me to get away.

message 7: by Kenia (last edited Mar 03, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Kenia | 12 comments Mod
Kressel, Passover begins April 22, right? So should you be okay for a book club meeting on April 3? Or what other date would work for you?

message 8: by Kressel (new)

Kressel Housman | 19 comments Passover preparation is INTENSE. You have to clean every crumb out of your house. And as I work full-time, my only serious cleaning days are Sundays. So you folks should organize as you see fit. All I can say is that Saturdays are a definite no, and Sundays are a maybe.

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Ok. Kenia, why don't we send out an invite for a tentative date of April 3rd and see what everyone else is thinking.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bambarina) | 17 comments Kressel! Including the author to our meetup it is a great idea. We can try to retrieve hat contacts and invite her. I will try to see if Google is helping me out on that..I will
Keep you posted and regardless the author's presence or not, I am excited to see you all again!! :)