Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Hunter's Claim (The Alliance, #1)
This topic is about Hunter's Claim
May 2014: Hunter's Claim > Unanswered Questions

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miche (noisygeek) | 13 comments I have a burning question after reading this - What was going on with the 'relief rooms'?

Is that some form of happy ending massage room or is it a room where the Trivators go to sort themselves out? Why do they need separate rooms?

I realise its an odd thing to focus on but it was driving me crazy and as far as i could see it wasn't clarified any further. It was such an odd sentence to add in. Anyone have any ideas?

message 2: by Melissa (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:22PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Melissa (ahes) | 186 comments I imagine it as similar to the 'fuck tent' in Black Sails, but perhaps instead of having actual people in the room, there are some fancy high-tech sex toys. Maybe those are so huge they can't carry them around with them, so they need a seperate room for it.

I think it was just a way for the author to say a lot of the aliens were very sexually frustrated, not being able to be with an (actual?) woman for so long.

Edit: I just came across the sentence "It had been a long time since he had relieved himself with a living female and Jesse's scent was driving him crazy." So the relief room either contains some sort of SuperSexToy 9000 or there is some serious necrophilia going on there.

Miche (noisygeek) | 13 comments I just wish she had explained what they were for. My imagination is wicked, i had something similar to the 'fuck tents' from Black Sails in mind but containing things like 'Roxxxy the Robot'.

My brain didnt offer any necro as a suggestion thankfully.

Cassandra Stryffe | 33 comments I kind of wondered if they were some sort masturbation room. He does mention once (while he's in the shower) that he can't even seek relief from his hand anymore.

I was just a little confused by it. But then my brain immediately jumped to their 'advanced technology' and I couldn't help but wonder...'are the docs just giving them 'no erection' shots?'

message 5: by Melissa (last edited May 01, 2014 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Melissa (ahes) | 186 comments Because they said at one point "The doctor and his wife were nice. They put this thing over us and it healed the wounds," she said quietly touching her side where her ribs had hurt. "He said I had two broken ribs and pneumonia," I imagine they have similar machines that make them come instantly.

I don't think they would get 'no erection'-shots, because Hunter did say that it was dangerous for females to be around his species, and seemed to imply that despite the relief rooms they were still frustrated. It's an interesting (and very creepy) idea though.

Katie (ilovebettymcrae) | 36 comments Michelle wrote: "I have a burning question after reading this - What was going on with the 'relief rooms'?

Is that some form of happy ending massage room or is it a room where the Trivators go to sort themselves ..."

It cracked me up that the "relief room" was a definite go for hanky-panky. But I could not stop picturing like old school Star Trek glass box room where other people can see in because I HAVE A PROBLEM (that's obviously not what the description outlined but never-the-less)!

message 7: by Dianna (last edited May 02, 2014 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dianna (diaja_la) The 'permission for my seed to come aboard' was never fully fleshed out either. I wondered if it would be each time, or if it was like vampires, and open slather once he's gone past the initial threshold. And, like vampires, can you uninvite seed? Is there a special 'seed stay out' ritual?

And what do emotions smell like anyway, or was this just a polite way of saying that sometimes people are a bit sweaty and don't always make it to the bathroom in time?

Megan Fennell (meganfennell) I'm so glad I'm not the only one who did a double-take at the "with a living female" line! And by double-take, I mean "yelped the phrase out loud in a squeaky mix of hilarity and alarm". My brain absolutely went terrible places with that one, despite what was probably meant to be a harmless connotation.

Megan Fennell (meganfennell) The burning question haunting me is how the Trivator planet apparently had all the ingredients for pizza easily accessible and nobody thought to combine them until now. Basically a tragedy, that.

Alicia Katie wrote: "It cracked me up that the "relief room" was a definite go for hanky-panky. But I could not stop picturing like old school Star Trek glass box room where other people can see in because I HAVE A PROBLEM (that's obviously not what the description outlined but never-the-less)!..."

I just pictured a row of fleshlights (NSFW googling...)

message 11: by Kamil (new)

Kamil | 938 comments My question is this; if the relief-rooms are a kind of masturbation holo-decks, who cleans them or they use them without cleaning? or do they have a housekeeper-robot for that?

message 12: by Romina (new)

Romina (rominibeani) | 20 comments Megan wrote: "I'm so glad I'm not the only one who did a double-take at the "with a living female" line! And by double-take, I mean "yelped the phrase out loud in a squeaky mix of hilarity and alarm". My brain a..."

My reaction too!!! LOL

Melissa (ahes) | 186 comments Kamil wrote: "My question is this; if the relief-rooms are a kind of masturbation holo-decks, who cleans them or they use them without cleaning? or do they have a housekeeper-robot for that?"

I was thinking about this too. I imagined they use similar technology to those Japanese self-cleaning toilets.

(I love this thread.)

Miche (noisygeek) | 13 comments Kamil wrote: "My question is this; if the relief-rooms are a kind of masturbation holo-decks, who cleans them or they use them without cleaning? or do they have a housekeeper-robot for that?"

I couldn't picture the male Trivators taking turns to clean the rooms but now all I'm thinking is 7ft feline-like aliens in french-maids outfits.

Melissa (ahes) | 186 comments You guys... I think I figured this book out. The Trivators are actually a Japanese experiment of crossing humans with cats, and that's why they have feline elements. (Japanese are pretty fond of cat(ladies), think about all the nekomimi in anime.) The experiments took place in space, to keep it super secret.

They also gave them their technology: the relief room is just a room with Japanese toilets, which besides the bluetooth receiver, ambient lighting, cleansing wands, deodorizer, heated seat and warm water spray for intimate cleansing also has an orgasm function!

message 16: by Joia (new)

Joia | 12 comments Reread the book (it's much better when you go in with a "This is going to be ridiculous; just enjoy the ride").

Chapte 11 (Loc 1288): "The only thing that prevented him was a lifetime of training and discipline that told that once he had an Amate, she was in control of his seed."

So it's faith-based chastity, not biological or magical. Which reminded me of Kushiel's Dart...

message 17: by retro (new) - rated it 1 star

retro (retrooo) Am I the only one who thought the relief rooms were the place they went to for some consequence free man-on-man (warrior-on-warrior) hanky-panky? No (living) females aboard + sexually frustrated alpha dudes = helping hands all around? Like a sort of 'what happens in the relief room stays in the relief room' type thing? Hunter and his buddies were awfully close...

Dianna (diaja_la) noisetter wrote: "Am I the only one who thought the relief rooms were the place they went to for some consequence free man-on-man (warrior-on-warrior) hanky-panky? No (living) females aboard + sexually frustrated al..."

I hadn't thought of that, but it's genius! Mystery solved!

Vanessa (emberlin) Maybe the little room that Hunter and Jesse go to at one point for some lovin' (with all the windows looking out into space) was a relief room? I remember thinking it was odd that they didn't expect to be disturbed there, in that semi-public locale, although maybe they just didn't care.

I didn't think about the relief rooms too closely when they were mentioned those few times, but generally I figured they were some kind of private masturbation area with whatever equipment they might need. I hadn't considered that it might be more like a "what happens in the relief room stays in the relief room" sort of place, but that would kind of make sense too. They never really mention anyone going there together, though. One of many weird little things in this book that were not explained well or fleshed out.