Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

The Bow of Destiny
This topic is about The Bow of Destiny
2016 Archives > Epic #Fantasy from P. H. Solomon

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P.H. (last edited Apr 08, 2016 12:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Welcome to my booth. I'm P. H. Solomon, fantasy author. Feel free to look through my various threads and leaves comments about my various books and project in process. Or, if you'd like to discuss anything about fantasy fiction that you have in mind from your favorite authors to questions about writing, etc. Also, I currently have a
giveaway running over on Amazon
where you can win a free book!

message 2: by P.H. (last edited Apr 04, 2016 07:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments BOD

The Bow of Hart Saga, Book 1: The Bow of Destiny

I'd love to field your questions and comments about this book on this thread whether you've read it or not. Just click the "Reply" button to discuss...

The Bow of Destiny

BOD Goodreads Card2

Haunted by his past. Hunted in the present. Uncertain what is real.

Athson has seen things that aren't there and suffered fits since being tragically orphaned as a child at the hands of trolls and Corgren the wizard. When a strange will mentioning a mysterious bow comes into his possession, he's not sure it's real. But the trolls that soon pursue him are all too real and dangerous. And what's worse, these raiders serve Corgren and his master, the hidden dragon, Magdronu, who are responsible for the destruction of his childhood home. Athson is drawn into a quest for the concealed Bow of Hart by the mystic Withling, Hastra, but Athson isn't always sure what's real and who his enemies are. With Corgren and Magdronu involved, Athson must face not only frequent danger but his grasp on reality and the reasons behind his tragic past.

Join The Hunt!!!
Available at:
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Smashwords & Kobo
View the trailer on YouTube.

message 3: by P.H. (last edited Apr 09, 2016 11:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments The Bow of Hart Saga, Book 2: An Arrow Against the Wind

BOD

I'd love to field your questions and comments about this upcoming book on this thread. Just click the "Reply" button to discuss...

The hunt for the bow of Hart continues as Athson and his companions struggle against Magdronu and Corgren to gain possession of the prophesied prize. Will Athson waver like a An Arrow in the Wind?

I would offer more details about the book in the blurb but I don't want to ruin the first book for you. However, I'm happy to reveal the cover here during the convention. Read more about it on my website.

message 4: by P.H. (last edited Apr 09, 2016 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments The Bow of Hart Saga, Book 3: The White Arrow

The last edition of this series is in the works now. I'd love to field your questions and comments about this upcoming book on this thread. Just click the "Reply" button to discuss...

The hunt for the bow concludes with the surprising events of The White Arrow where prophesy comes true amid Magdronu's open confrontation to control the bow of Hart.

I'm currently working on the rough draft of the book and some ideas about the cover.

message 5: by P.H. (last edited Apr 06, 2016 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments The Bow of Hart Saga, Free Fantasy Samples: Trading Knives & What Is Needed

There are currently 2 free short stories, both containing a sample chapter from The Bow of Destiny available via online retailers:

BOD
1. Trading Knives - Corgren makes a living as a prize knife-fighter in the rough fighting rings along the Hart river. When a mysterious stranger offers him power to gain revenge on his enemies for his service, Corgren dismisses it as a con. But when the stakes are high against an opponent as skilled as himself, will Corgren accept offer? This short story is a prequel to The Bow of Destiny.
Download it FREE at these links: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Smashwords & Kobo

BOD

2. What Is Needed - Hastra begins having visions of the destruction the mystic Withling order of which she is a member. Without any guidance, she investigates who the source of the danger may be. But how much time does she have and who should she trust with her visions?

Download it FREE at these links: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Smashwords & Kobo

message 6: by P.H. (last edited Apr 08, 2016 12:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Doors: Seven Tales of Fantasy
Interested in some short stories? I'll release this anthology including my award winning story, The Black Bag, later this spring. See the cover revealed on this thread on 4/9!

message 7: by P.H. (last edited Apr 06, 2016 12:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Guardians of the Gate: this is a fantasy series that has a very rough outline started. The series is centered around the struggles of three paladins named Asonder, Brathus and Teeg and the intrigue surrounding the kingdoms they serve.

message 8: by P.H. (last edited Apr 08, 2016 06:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments The Harbinger Chronicles Book 1: The Heretic and the Confessor
This is an idea for a dark fantasy involving the tale of man seeking to change the grim society that he has realized is a deception was well as a surprisingly fake reality. I've only started a very rough opening but I'm going to share some of it in the near future on my blog as I develop the story.

message 9: by P.H. (last edited Apr 08, 2016 06:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments The Black Glove Series Fantasy
This idea is for an fantasy adventure series of about 9 novellas. It's still in development but it involves a rogue who was involved in the assassination of a powerful wizard and the curse exacted upon him as a result. Each book involves what he has to do to dispel the curse.

message 10: by Ed (last edited Mar 02, 2016 07:16PM) (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 122 comments You are very reserved aren't you...

message 11: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Ed wrote: "You are very reserved aren't you..." Yes. Actually I'm going to edit them with specific topics for the convention.

message 12: by P.H. (last edited Apr 08, 2016 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments P.H. wrote: "Welcome to my booth. I'm P. H. Solomon, fantasy author. Feel free to look through my various threads and leaves comments about my various books and project in process. Or, if you'd like to discuss ..."

Later today, I'll share the cover reveal of An Arrow Against the Wind as well as an Amazon giveaway.

Tomorrow, I'll share the cover reveal of my upcoming anthology, Doors, and also participate in the Facebook takeover at 1PM. I'll also feature another Amazon giveaway.

Sunday I'll have more giveaways and continue with other available events.

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen Chappell (kisajtoo) | 3 comments P.H. wrote: "The Bow of Hart Saga, Book 3: The White Arrow

I really like this cover!

The last edition of this series is in the works now. I'd love to field your questions and comments about this upcoming book on this thread. Just..."

message 14: by Lyn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyn Smith | 3 comments P.H. wrote: "

Dead father? Is this a zombie or vampire series?

I'd love to field your questions and comments about this book on this thread whether you've read it or not. Just click the "Reply" button to ..."

P.H. wrote: "

I'd love to field your questions and comments about this book on this thread whether you've read it or not. Just click the "Reply" button to ..."

message 15: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Karen wrote: "P.H. wrote: "The Bow of Hart Saga, Book 3: The White Arrow

The last edition of this series is in the works now. I'd love to field your questions and comments about th..."

Thanks for all the comments over on the FB event. I'm glad you like the cover of the Bow of Destiny and An Arrow Against the Wind. My artist, Christopher Rawlins, based it on his picture, "Robin of Loxely".

message 16: by Lyn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyn Smith | 3 comments P.H. wrote: "Doors: Seven Tales of Fantasy
Interested in some short stories? I'll release this anthology including my award winning story, The Black Bag, later this spring. See the cover revealed on this thread..."

What types of short stories do you write? Anything themes in particular?

message 17: by Lyn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyn Smith | 3 comments What is the easiest way to get your book?

message 18: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Lyn wrote: "P.H. wrote: "

Dead father? Is this a zombie or vampire series?

I'd love to field your questions and comments about this book on this thread whe..."

No, this does not include vampires or zombies but I'm glad the opening line got your attention! The Bow of Destiny is an epic fantasy series set around the main character, Athson, who suffers from a bit of PTSD. From that opening line things start to spiral out of his control and send him on an adventure. Thanks for asking!

message 19: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Lyn wrote: "What is the easiest way to get your book?"
Here are the links:
Available at:
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Smashwords & Kobo
View the trailer on YouTube.

message 20: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments David wrote: "who were some of your fave authors"
That's a long list that includes: Tolkien (of course), Patricia McKillip, Ursula K. LeGuin, Robert Holdstock, Anne McCaffrey, Robert Jordan, Terry Brooks, Michael J. Sullivan, Glenda Larke, Russell Kirkpatrick and the list just goes on. I've read so many different authors over the years that I tend to leave several out. Thanks for asking, David.

message 21: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Karen wrote: "P.H. wrote: "The Bow of Hart Saga, Book 3: The White Arrow

The last edition of this series is in the works now. I'd love to field your questions and comments about th..."

BTW, following up on your question about Amazon giveaways, my current one does have 2 winners out of 3 already. Give it a try and see if you win the last one!

message 22: by J.S. (new) - added it

J.S. Burke | 73 comments Great cover! I'm dropping off magical coffee and funnel cakes for breakfast tomorrow.

message 23: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments J.S. wrote: "Great cover! I'm dropping off magical coffee and funnel cakes for breakfast tomorrow."

They will be quite welcome. Thanks for taking a gander at the cover. I hope you are well.

message 24: by J.S. (new) - added it

J.S. Burke | 73 comments P.H. wrote: "J.S. wrote: "Great cover! I'm dropping off magical coffee and funnel cakes for breakfast tomorrow."

They will be quite welcome. Thanks for taking a gander at the cover. I hope you are well."

Thanks! Come visit for free virtual dragon rides.

message 25: by Alex (new)

Alex Carey (AlexECarey) | 62 comments Hi PH, I hope your day is going great! I don't want to interrupt your time with your readers and guests. I just strolled over from my booth to bring you a cool drink and a plate of cookies. Great book covers! I'm looking forward to reading your books. :)

message 26: by Lavern (new)

Lavern Winters (grandmapeachy) | 10 comments I'm glad I stopped by. I'll have to add you to my list of authors. Your series sounds like something I'll enjoy reading.

message 27: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Alex wrote: "Hi PH, I hope your day is going great! I don't want to interrupt your time with your readers and guests. I just strolled over from my booth to bring you a cool drink and a plate of cookies. Great b..."

Hi Alex! Thanks for the drink and cookies. Glad you like the covers. What have you been reading lately?

message 28: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Lavern wrote: "I'm glad I stopped by. I'll have to add you to my list of authors. Your series sounds like something I'll enjoy reading."

Hi Lavern. Glad you stopped by and that you found the series interesting. Let me know what you think once you've read the first one! What have you enjoyed recently?

message 29: by Alex (new)

Alex Carey (AlexECarey) | 62 comments P.H. wrote: "Alex wrote: "Hi PH, I hope your day is going great! I don't want to interrupt your time with your readers and guests. I just strolled over from my booth to bring you a cool drink and a plate of coo..."

I started Splintered by A. G. Howard but had to set it aside to finish my work. I have a lot of reading to do this summer. :) What are you reading at the moment?

message 30: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Alex wrote: "P.H. wrote: "Alex wrote: "Hi PH, I hope your day is going great! I don't want to interrupt your time with your readers and guests. I just strolled over from my booth to bring you a cool drink and a..."

I just finished a fantasy novella by Rob May entitled, Dragon Killer, which was a nice read. I'm also reading the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks - currently in book 2, The Blinding Knife. I've got several others lined up after I finish this current book.

message 31: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments These look amazing! I wish I had seen this page before

message 32: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Maddy wrote: "These look amazing! I wish I had seen this page before"

You are welcome to look around. What fantasy authors/books do you like?

message 33: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments P.H. wrote: "Maddy wrote: "These look amazing! I wish I had seen this page before"

You are welcome to look around. What fantasy authors/books do you like?"

I like most fantasy books and some YA books like Eragon, the Scorpio Races, Relentless, the Game, and, well, most fantasy books.
Oh and can't forget about the ranger's apprentice, brotherband, and percy jackson books

message 34: by P.H. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.H. Solomon (phsolmon) | 22 comments Sounds like you get around the genre a lot. I've read it predominately for a long time.

Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Bow of Destiny (other topics)