Book Marketing for Authors discussion

7 Simple Ways to Promote Your Book SIgning Event

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Boccio (thestorylady) | 5 comments I wrote a couple of blog posts to help authors participating in book signing events. I hope this is helpful for you. Please add your own tips, and I may feature them in a part-2 article.

7 simple ways to promote your #author book signing, reading or speaking event http://writeonpurpose.com/7488/book-m... #BookMarketing

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Good piece. I don't agree with method 2 because one it's hard enough on it's own getting people to subscribe to your e-mail list and most of them may be from other states or even other countries so they definitely wouldn't be able to come to a book signing. Method 3 is great and spot on, any place you visit frequently or are a regular you should definitely leave a flyer there. Method 5 may not apply for everyone I know it doesn't for me. my library is very much against promoting of any kind and is all for non-profit. I may look into this again but usually every time I go down there I always seem to get someone who doesn't know anything.

Finally, I'd never heard of method 7 but then again what doesn't Google do these days? lol. Overall I think you have a solid list there and definitely something people should look into.